Matrix Blood Python & More - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Trading and Bartering

Notices

Trading and Bartering This section is for requests for direct trades, and not necessarily only animal for animal. Also local barter of services for animals can be advertised.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
AnnunakiRebel
Matrix Blood Python & More

WILL ONLY MEET LOCALLY

I got a matrix blood that was sold to me as female, healthy and friendly but seeing as she's definitely not two of the three so I wouldn't be sure of the third. She will only eat when you partially force feed her half a hopper or so, then she will eat it. She's normal temperament for a blood (cage aggressive, and pissy outside the cage if anything so much as even moves wrong) and calms down with careful, gentle handling.

*Update*

With gentle handling she is calmer now, no more aggressive than an average blood python and she's taken her first meal for me after being left alone with a fresh killed rat pup in a box where she had total privacy for 45 minutes. I don't know if she will always have difficulty and specific needs eating but I am just thrilled she's starting to turn around!

I would now be willing to ship her within a month or so, just after she's had a little more time to adjust to eating regular and tamed down as much as possible so she doesn't have as much anxiety. I'll likely need to ship with a cold pack, I prefer not having to ship her far from WNY.

Her shipping fee is $50 through SYR.com

Her rehabilitation fee for deworming, force feeding, sexing (female), regular feeding, water injections, a course of antibiotics and a lot of time, love and care is only $50. If you know anything at all about snake care you should know this doesn't even begin to cover her rehabilitation fees.

So she's $100 total, available about a month from now, so payment plans are welcome or barter is welcome.

I will accept a proof of a donation to a reptile rescue or other rescue shelters that help any animal species that gets less help or attention than those cute dogs and kitties (not to make fun of their plight, but they don't need it as much) and then just $50 shipping as partial barter/payment.

Would take iguana or tegu in trade. Possibly another snake but I'm trying to cut down on my collection.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
AnnunakiRebel
Okay this entered before I was finished. I wouldn't trade value the matrix blood python very high, since she's a problem animal but if she starts eating on her own I'll change that. I'll add pictures later, this got put up before I was finished because I accidentally hit enter.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
AnnunakiRebel
Anyway I have had her for several months now but I haven't been able to afford more than one vet visit. The vet said it could just be a normal lack of appetite right now and I have her on a general antibiotic and she's been given preventative intestinal parasite treatment and subdermal fluids.

She won't be available until she eats on her own, and until I determine that she is in at least acceptable health, but I'm listing her anyway because if you have a lot of experience and are local around the WNY area I would consider adopting her, as for trade I would not ask anything for her unless I determine her healthy so if anyone comes to get her before I get her eating on her own and with a clean bill of health from the vet, she would be free to an ideal home.

Once she's healthy I'll put an update on her then. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464557035.530456.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  253.0 KB
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
AnnunakiRebel
The & more is this:

1.0 Ghost boa, from Green Constrictors. '15 and growing fast. Available because I am getting a moonglow and sadly don't need this guy anymore. $200 trade value, looking for reptile supplies only. Anything that helps for the small local rescue that I volunteer at. Just think of the kinds of things a reptile rescue always needs and it's any of that.

1.0 Champagne ball python from Medusa's Morphs. AWESOME little guy but I am going to be getting a Mimosa and yea the husband says I need to downsize to just what I plan to breed so. :\ $100 trade value, same items wanted in trade as with the ghost boa.

Or just money, that works too. I really prefer local within a six hour radius but I will ship the Ghost or Champagne if I don't find much local interest. I just really prefer it when in trade the person can look over the snake they're thinking of getting in person before deciding on a trade they'll be happy with.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #5
leaveittoweaver
If you weren't four hours away, I'd totally take the Blood Python and see what I could do. Best of luck!

Old 06-02-2016, 03:44 AM   #6
spinytail
Try giving her a warm feeder and letting it sit next to her. They sometimes eat without striking this way. I have a female that never struck, but eats regular meals by just wiggling in front of her, then setting down and closing the lid.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:20 AM   #7
AnnunakiRebel
Thank you for the advice. I do appreciate this, although I have tried it. And fresh killed, and braining, live pups... Wiggling, not wiggling, leaving her alone with it in her enclosure, out of her enclosure in a box... I've had her to the vet for force feeding and more. They say she's a bit underweight but otherwise ok aside from the eating issue. And I guess I can keep trying to coax her then force feed when I absolutely have to... I mean it's not like there's any signs that this will kill her, she's just so stubborn and hostile out of fear. I keep working with her and hoping that once I calm her fears, maybe the eating issue could resolve itself...
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-02-2016, 04:21 AM   #8
AnnunakiRebel
But thank you do much for your thoughtful reply and compassion for my situation, as well as the suggestion, it is very much appreciated.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!