Shutzhund ( K-9 police training) championships - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
JordanAng420
Shutzhund ( K-9 police training) championships

I am a BIG FAN of schutzhund...the form of training police officers around the world use to train dogs that are involved in law enforcement...
This video shows what the dogs go through to acheive the champion Schutzhund 3 title (Schutzhund 3 is the highest title a dog can recieve)...

The music it's set to goes with it well...I CAN'T WAIT to go back to work...enjoy

**WARNING: This video contains severe training and correction of canines...there is some "whipping" that the dogs receive in these videos that might be disturbing to some sensitive people. If you think you might be offended or squeamish about it, don't watch it. This is how law enforcement trains their police dogs.**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5cS0CxjBs

What an adrenalin rush. I'd LOVE to be able to train these dogs.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Tiger Lilly
I have been a fan of Law enforcement K-9 competitions for about 25 yrs. It is truly amazing to watch these magnificent creatures show off their training, and know that at the same time that they are 'trained' to be family pets as well.
To reinforce what Maia said about the "whipping" of the dogs--in the video it is simulated, and must be so that the dog perceives a "threat." Believe me, when they are in action in the real world, the bad guys are NOT simulating anything!
Great video, Maia!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
JordanAng420
I think maybe I might look into this field insted of veterinary medicine since i'm in between jobs right now...

It seems like it would be such an awesome feeling to come home to every day. What a great feeling to have and be able to say "I was the one who trained that dog". I'd feel like I was making a difference with these animals...and making a difference in this world today....which is what I really want.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Tiger Lilly
As long as you have the patience of a saint & a love of animals (which you obviously do), I think it would be a great career. I love my animals, but don't know that I could train as a full-time job.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!