purchase issue need opinions please - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
JHMills
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all of your input.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #12
pendragon_j
What Jennifer is not saying is that I spoke to them the day of shipment and they said all was fine and they looked good except for the tail issue. It didn't seem like they had a big problem with it at that time. Over a week later a got a pm about a kink with a pic that didn't look like a kink to me. I posted it online and asked a few people, including a vet, and they all said it looking like swelling above the vent and was normal. I asked for more pics and got a video, which I also showed. The consensus was the same. Even after all this I said I would refund their purchase price but I wanted the entire group back. I sold a breeder pied and a lovely breeder sized pied female and 2 het for pieds for 2500. There was no way I would break up the group at that kind of price. Once I told them this, that is when they suddenly had mites. No mention of mites until then. She is hoping I would take 1000 for the pied female and give them 1500 back, I told them no. I would either take the whole group or none. They asked if I would pay for a vet and I told them no, I already offered a refund. They asked for me to pay the purchase amount and shipping both ways, I told them no ( I had already paid for shipping to them) Then they showed me a post where they gave none of this information and asked again, I told them no but I still offered to take the group back and refund their money. After all this they put up this post on the BOI. Now, I don't know if they have already bred the pieds and now don't need the male. I don't know if it is buyers remorse. I do know that I will not separate the group so they can cherry pick the best and give me what they don't want. I feel I have been more than reasonable to this point.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
hhmoore
Way to take this from what was essentially a generic case study, and remove the anonymity (which is what allowed it to exist outside of the BOI).

If anybody wants to add anything now, the BOI thread its the one to use.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
pendragon_j
She had already been posted to the BOI. I wrote this response there and forwarded it here.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
hhmoore
I'm aware of that...but it doesn't make your post in this thread any less inappropriate. By coming in as the seller, and telling your side, you've turned this thread into something that can't continue in this section.
I understand wanting to defend yourself, but this isn't the place.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #16
pendragon_j
I understand that. But I also didn't feel right about holding back and not defending myself any longer when there was a BOI thread going. Why shouldn't defend myself at that point and if it means this thread is now in the wrong place, then she can make her case where I have the ability to make mine. Instead of hiding behind a generic case study. I wanted the anonymity removed. Let the public judge since she has opened it to them. She should not have a place where I shouldn't be able to reply to her accusations, once they are made.
Sorry if this makes more work for you. She has me a little heated right now. This is my livelihood we are talking about though. I want my side to be heard.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #17
hhmoore
The place to tell your side of the story is the BOI...and you did that before posting to this one. Take the hint, and confine your defense to the proper area.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!