Incubation Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Bumble Boy
Incubation Question

Well i went to the show and picked up a helix for my incubator so its finally complete. Quick question for those of you using vermiculite and egg crates, Do u guys put holes in your incubation tubs? ansd if not how often do u check on your eggs?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
R. Eventide
I don't put holes in them. I check the eggs once or twice a week until about the time they start to dimple, and then I check more often. After Day 50, I check at least once a day (if I can restrain myself).

Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Montoya
I do not have any holes in the tubs during incubation. I use press and seal with a lid over it. Once they pip I take off the press and seal and the lid has a small hole in each end. I also do not use egg crate, just vermiculite.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
snakesRkewl
I place 4 holes from a solder pen 2 on each long side of my tubs.
I use perilite, light diffuser in a 7qt locking lid tub, no press n seal.
I never need to open the lid from start to finish.
I check on them when I'm curious but there's no need to air out and no worrying about mold from a sealed tub.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Mushead
I use 6qt. Sterlite tubs with vermiculite and double stacked light diffuser with no holes in the tubs. I open the tubs and give them fresh air weekly. My first year incubating the tubs were opened daily

Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
Bumble Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushead View Post
I use 6qt. Sterlite tubs with vermiculite and double stacked light diffuser with no holes in the tubs. I open the tubs and give them fresh air weekly. My first year incubating the tubs were opened daily
Ok, i will try your method because you have the same setup as i do lol thanks again for your help guys.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Bumble Boy
The incubator

Here's the incubator, as you can see i have 11inch flexwatt this time instead of that zoo med heating pad lol this works better i only have a 1degree differences between top and bottom with no fan yeah!!!!! lol
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
MrBig
Looking much better then before, you should be ready to go when your eggs hit the ground. Good luck with your season.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
Bumble Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
Looking much better then before, you should be ready to go when your eggs hit the ground. Good luck with your season.
lol yeah i know big improvement, im ready to rock now. I want to thank you guys for you help because i was ready to buy a nature spirits incubator, not saying that they are bad but this will give me the same results and i only paid for the heat tape and helix so much cheaper.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!