You know when you're a herper when... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Art Klass
You know when you're a herper when...

You know you're a herper when...

you get musked by a snake and the smell brings you back to a good place when you were a kid.

what say you?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
hhmoore
I say welcome back, Art!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Art Klass
Hello Harald. It's good to hear from you. I'll be breeding the bulls that I got from you again this season. I was given some nice fat babies a couple of years ago. Nice stock.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
LauraB
Quote:
what say you?
You get tagged by your snake and you laugh

Old 03-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Art Klass
Better yet...

while being bitten, you scramble for you camera to get an awesome pic.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Art Klass

Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Klass View Post
That is a good one. Extra bonus points to you if your righty & took that photo left handed.

Quote:
what say you?
When you hide your secret ice cream stash under bags of frozen rodents.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
hhmoore
Quote:
Better yet...

while being bitten, you scramble for you camera to get an awesome pic.
I've posted enough of those shots over the years, lol. I think the one of the bullsnake hanging off my upper lip got me into the club.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Araidia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
When you hide your secret ice cream stash under bags of frozen rodents.
lol, guilty.

How about when you go grocery shopping and the turtle gets all the super expensive organic veggies he can eat and your stuck eating the cheap stuff.

When it's 20 degrees outside and you walk into your room and it's like the tropics

You worry about what people think when they see red lights coming from your window lol (had a neighbor ask me one day lol)

You have an uncontrollable urge to catch/pet the wild reptiles

you take your reptiles for walks instead of a dog

when you come home from work to a swarm of neighborhood kids wanting to pet the baby snakes

but your relatives are too scared to come inside lol

when the reptile room is full and the cages start invading the rest of the house

when you keep telling yourself your only allowed to buy one more this year...7 snakes later

When you fall asleep the the soothing sound of all the escaped crickets

And my favorite, happened the other day. When you have to explain to the poor washer repairman why your basement is full of rats : ) He also showed up while I was cleaning the snake cages and I had answered the door with the Jaguar coastal sitting on my head lol.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Art Klass
When you move supplies and snakes in and out of your house under the cover of darkness...

I live in a community where most folks are retired. They just won't understand and they don't have a clue. It's best that way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!