Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 199 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:04 PM   #1981
Reptar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
Allison, if I were Ty Park I would have sent her the tegu and been done with her long ago, believe me. My problem is the handful of loudmouths on this thread who condemn anyone who does not agree with them.
I couldn't agree with you more, nothing like sharing your honest opinion only to be accused of being a groupie or some blind follower for Ty Park. Now I do agree Ty should have send her the Tegu and be done with it, however this whole thing to me would not be worth it. I would have taken my 400 back, warned people about what happened and never would have done business with Ty Park again.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #1982
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Allison, if I were Ty Park I would have sent her the tegu and been done with her long ago, believe me. My problem is the handful of loudmouths on this thread who condemn anyone who does not agree with them.
I can appreciate that Tim. I suspect some of that (I'm sure not all) may be frustration at repeating the same questions/answers, and the new posters getting lumped in the category as some other posters who came off as nothing but trolls. I don't like to throw the troll term around, as I don't think everyone with a differing opinion than me is a "troll" as some people do... but I'm sure you can see where some of the previous posts by Ty's #1 supporter may have left a bad taste in people's mouths. Possibly these previous "debates" may cause some responses to come off more aggressive than intended. Not all of course, and I can only speak for myself, but I welcome the differing opinions as you can't be sure of your opinion until you've looked at the situation from all sides. From what I see, we all agree on one thing... Michelle should have gotten her prize. When it comes down to it, we can disagree on the rest until the cows come home (I never understood that saying, where did the cows go??)

Old 06-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #1983
MesoCorney
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
How dare I have a different opinion, I must certainly deserves your condescension. It is comments like this that lead to an increasing segment of the hobby having little respect for the BOI. I was listening to a well known pod cast that compared the BOI to a pack of petulant children. You don't understand it because you are so far removed from the source. While some people have quite obviously spent a lot of time try to convict this guy it is mostly nothing more than speculation.
I can see from the bad Karma I am receiving that I have upset people with my comment about the site. I did not intend to insult the site, I was only trying to say that insulting fellow members doesn't reflect well upon it. I apologize to those who felt I insulted the BOI and I should have worded my statements to better convey my meaning. I enjoy using many faction of Fauna and I should not let others tease me into offending the rest of the members. Thanks for those who supported me and those who didn't in respectful manner. I wish you all well.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #1984
gila7150
Quote:
MesoCorney, it is important for people such as yourself to not fear posting you thoughts on this forum, sure there are some bullies that will try to intimidate you sometimes, but the BOI as a forum is far to important.
Yup. I would bet that the silent majority don't agree with the vocal minority posting in this thread. They just don't want to get notifications every 5 minutes when one of a handful of people bumps this thread back to the top of the BOI without any new information. You just need to unsubscribe after you post like I'm about to do.
Before I get accused of being a Ty groupie, I've never met the man. I think the OP and Ty are probably good people in real life and this probably could have been resolved on day one with a phone call between the two of them before things escalated to where they are now.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #1985
EdwardK
Quote:
Casey Hulse,
It is really getting old. Furthermore, it is simply naive for folks to think Ty Park got involved in this raffle for business write offs. That write off would have been negligible.
This is speculation that borders on being apologist as it actually could be a very significant write off. The IRS code allows for deductions up to 50% of the adjusted gross income the following quote is taken from https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-pr...ion-deductions

Quote:
you may deduct charitable contributions of money or property made to qualified organizations if you itemize your deductions. Generally, you may deduct up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income, but 20 percent and 30 percent limitations apply in some cases. Exempt Organizations Select Check uses deductibility status codes to identify these limitations.
As a result of this clear language from the IRS code any claims of it being insignificant must be viewed with suspicion as the total value of the donation is being set by the conductor of the raffle and it isn't available for review.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #1986
tim brophy
No worries, MesoCorney. I am pretty sure that they cannot deduct "Bad Karma" from your checking account or steal your dog! The BOI can be frustrating, but honestly, it has exposed several really unsavory characters over the years. But I would not put Ty Park in league with those bad guys. Not even close.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #1987
EdwardK
[quote=Casey Hulse;200533 $$, tax write offs etc....What if his motivation is conservation, he was donating several thousand dollars worth of animals to a cause, and one of the winners calls him out as being a liar and dishonorable. I just feel that she destroyed any amicable feelings from him, thus the deadline (which she chose to ignore).[/QUOTE]

The problem with this argument is that it attempts to exonerate Ty from having to provide the prize as set forth in his terms additionally, the time line was not set in the original rules but a self-imposed modification after the fact. The regulations for running a raffle are clearly set forth by law and changing the rules after the fact isn't acceptable.

The problem with the whole argument about a "desire to do good" is it isn't anything more than a rationalization of an excuse (much like the unknown variables like taxes). If this was an acceptable argument then anyone who was engaged in "doing good" would be able to use it as a defense for criminal actions and escape punishment.

Pretty much there was an agreement under published terms that were not fulfilled due to arbitrary actions on the part of the person running the raffle including an invitation to sue him to get the prize.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #1988
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
No worries, MesoCorney. I am pretty sure that they cannot deduct "Bad Karma" from your checking account or steal your dog! The BOI can be frustrating, but honestly, it has exposed several really unsavory characters over the years. But I would not put Ty Park in league with those bad guys. Not even close.
I see a lot of similar behavior from Ty however, such as creating a fake account to pretend to be his own lawyer or threatening to sue FaunaClassifieds for allowing the thread to exist... all are familiar actions on the BOI, that typically we don't see innocent parties doing.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #1989
tim brophy
Allison, he said some silly things. Stupid things. In the digital world we all say some damaging things behind the fortress of the keyboard which we would never say to a person's face. "King Cong, Ming Wing, Blind Mice, Minions, Groupies". Sorta childish and petulant.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #1990
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Allison, he said some silly things. Stupid things. In the digital world we all say some damaging things behind the fortress of the keyboard which we would never say to a person's face. "King Cong, Ming Wing, Blind Mice, Minions, Groupies". Sorta childish and petulant.
True, but this is his business which means he has more of a responsibility to behave professionally than a random person posting their opinion on the thread would. Michelle has taken a lot of abuse from his followers, which it could be said that Ty has actually encouraged. The only difference is his followers do it on a censored Facebook page while the people here do it in an open forum where anyone is welcome to share their opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu