Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
zoologicalpets
Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service**

So, I have a simple issue with replying to inquiries on my advertisements...I forward my question/concern to the moderator as I'm sure is appropriate and here is the reply I get back..

ME: Why is it that whenever I try to "post-reply" it tells me that I do not have sufficient privlidges? I utilize the PM but I would also like to use the before mentioned option as I should be able to.

FAUNA: From: WebSlave
The Feedback Forum is your friend....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

ME: "The link provided was inaccessible to me and the part that I could get to just went on-and-on about BOI stuff"....My email reply was: What does this have to do with my question?...can I just get a straight answer without having to decipher the inner-meaning of the boi chat....I just want to do business.

FAUNA: Did you read the thread I provided a link for?

ME: It just ran on with people bitching about the boi...

FAUNA: Read it again, please, and TELL me what the very post in that thread
> that I made SAYS in relation to the problem you contacted me about.

ME: Just forget it...I thought this could be a simple fix but all this back and forth is taking longer than it should have....I wonder though, if I were a contributing member would I receive this level of service?

FAUNA: And yet you continue to waste my time rather than READING and trying to
comprehend the thread I pointed you to. The answer to your original
question is there, but you seem to be having quite some difficulty
grasping it.

Sorry that I am apparently unable to get through to you.

***ANYONE ELSE SEE THAT THIS STARTED OUT CLEAN AND ENDED UGLY....WHAT A &^%$!......THIS MADE MY DECISION NOT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR VERY EASY....

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
radera5
So in that like "Webslave" provided to you, his FIRST post, the initial post, gives the answer to your original question. Did you read the opening post to the thread "Webslave" linked to you?? They answer is there.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
DGreen
It took me approx 30 seconds to find the answer to your question...

Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
radera5
It would take much longer for "Webslave" to explain why you can not post in the classifieds, than for you to read the link, or even re-read the link to understand.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
RobNJ
Well this is a pretty silly gripe. The third sentence of the 4th paragraph of the link you were sent to read says it pretty clearly. IMO, it would have been much simpler had you just read the thread you were given the link to, and not insisted on getting your answer directly from the guy that runs this site. I think he supplied you with all that was necessary for you to figure out your initial question on your own. Instead you decided to waste space and time by starting this thread.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
zoologicalpets

It's not a matter of whether the link was accurate or not...its a matter of customer service....and to Robn....if you think this is wasting your time, dont read it..nobody is forcing you to.

To everyone else, if you're ok being talked to this way then I guess I am wasting my time...I would NEVER talk to a customer this way.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
pbflash
How are you a customer? You're not purchasing anything from fauna or paying for a service. You're using a free service. Webslave gave you the answer. He doesn't deserve a BOI thread because you were too lazy to read it.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
defcon222
That's just it, you're NOT a customer, you're a visitor. Maybe if you donate/purchase a subscriptions/benefits package, he'd take the time to answer your question directly (even though it's clearly explained in the thread).

You could argue that this would have negative impact on people deciding to purchase anything for/from this site, but then again, many of those are just tire-kickers anyways.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
RobNJ
Even those of us who are contributors to this site are not customers. We willingly choose to contribute to help the site run at maximum efficiency. Yes, there are extra privileges given to those who decide to contribute, but we are still not customers. I would in no way expect Rich(Webslave) to personally explain to me something that he provided a sufficient link for that would answer my question to begin with.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
tenchu
This is a classic case of you just didn't feel like reading and rather have the answer spoon fed to you.

But on the other hand if he is a mod. he could of just answered the guys question directly. I personally think the mods are not only here to just guide us but to answer questions related to the site directly?

this situation should not have even made it here.

I have had good experiences with the mods here so far and been pleased with their service to the forum.