Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #91
jendee
Mike adams recently bought a boa from manny the comparision pics were drastic. Several others out there I hope they contribute as well

Also ever notice he advertises things as such "bloody sunglow possible hypo female" in a boa group on fb this guys like hey look at my bloody sunglow i just bought i dont understand the possible hypo part kinda new with genetics?"
Alot of people commented um thats a hypo ñot a bloody sunglow.....he argued with us. I said what the ad should have said hypo possible het blood possible het albino female. No this guys like oh hes a really big breed and sells hundereds of babies i think he knows what he is talking about!!

Sneaky and shady all trying to make a buck this poor new kid didnt even know anybetter...im going to search for this convo it was awhile back several people had commented on it ill try and copy and paste it here too

Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #92
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendee View Post
Mike adams recently bought a boa from manny the comparision pics were drastic. Several others out there I hope they contribute as well

Also ever notice he advertises things as such "bloody sunglow possible hypo female" in a boa group on fb this guys like hey look at my bloody sunglow i just bought i dont understand the possible hypo part kinda new with genetics?"
Alot of people commented um thats a hypo ñot a bloody sunglow.....he argued with us. I said what the ad should have said hypo possible het blood possible het albino female. No this guys like oh hes a really big breed and sells hundereds of babies i think he knows what he is talking about!!

Sneaky and shady all trying to make a buck this poor new kid didnt even know anybetter...im going to search for this convo it was awhile back several people had commented on it ill try and copy and paste it here too
The way he lists his snakes is a little confusing, but it's not dishonest. A bloody sunglow possible hypo boa would be a hypo that is a possible het for bloody sunglow.

Here is the picture from photobucket:

Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #93
NixonRp
You can easily see by that photo and if there is one thing I do know it is photos the white balance was changed making the photo warmer than it really is which is why you see the unreasonable amount of red on what once was a white background.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #94
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
The way he lists his snakes is a little confusing, but it's not dishonest. A bloody sunglow possible hypo boa would be a hypo that is a possible het for bloody sunglow.
This is actually exactly what I was mentioning in my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
As much as I want to suggest why I'm not a fan of loans (even with contracts) & usually rather deal with a smaller name because the personal attention usually lacks dealing with a business over someone with a hobby I cant over look some of the responses said here.

I never been a fan of the wording PP used to label a lot of het animals but it never differed me enough to not want to do business with them, such as the responses I read here no matter how nice some of the animals they have are.
Your right it is not dishonest but definitively not the norm. There have been more then a few time I clicked on a link to see a snake & seen something totally different then expected. I never did any business with PP to date but I'm pretty sure his play on words was mentioned earlier in the thread by folks who have.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #95
ShadowAceD
I'll admit to kind of falling behind on reading EXIF data these days ... but the photo was put through Photoshop, not that that generally means anything. Manny is also using a Photoshop ICC Profile, which, if I remember correctly, is basically a way to let Photoshop automatically adjust the appearance and coloration of your photos via the specifications set by that profile.

This does not necessarily show malicious intent or a means to deliberately alter photos (even the proper light box can exaggerate an image), however, I did go ahead and drop down the Hue and Saturation of the photo a bit until I could no loner see the red tint on the white background and got this:

Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #96
ShadowAceD
Also, Manny was shooting using an auto function, specifically, Auto 3 on a Nikon D60, for anyone that knows cameras.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #97
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I'll admit to kind of falling behind on reading EXIF data these days ... but the photo was put through Photoshop, not that that generally means anything. Manny is also using a Photoshop ICC Profile, which, if I remember correctly, is basically a way to let Photoshop automatically adjust the appearance and coloration of your photos via the specifications set by that profile.

This does not necessarily show malicious intent or a means to deliberately alter photos (even the proper light box can exaggerate an image), however, I did go ahead and drop down the Hue and Saturation of the photo a bit until I could no loner see the red tint on the white background and got this:

This picture is a closer representation of the animal, although he is a little more red. I get the feeling he will gain more color as he ages, so I'm not unhappy with the purchase. If I had paid full price I would probably be unhappy.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #98
ShadowAceD
I'm assuming that's a Jungle boa. The natural progression of the Jungle gene (in most instances) is that they gain color as they age, however, that is not a reason for you to be happy or to not be unhappy, rather. It was advertised as a baby that was already pretty red, which means it should be a blinding adult (logic would suggest this anyway), but I doubt that is the case.

It does not really let Manny off the hook, even if he is not intentionally altering anything, it is his job, as a businessman, to make sure photos are as close to real life beyond a camera as possible.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #99
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I'm assuming that's a Jungle boa. The natural progression of the Jungle gene (in most instances) is that they gain color as they age, however, that is not a reason for you to be happy or to not be unhappy, rather. It was advertised as a baby that was already pretty red, which means it should be a blinding adult (logic would suggest this anyway), but I doubt that is the case.

It does not really let Manny off the hook, even if he is not intentionally altering anything, it is his job, as a businessman, to make sure photos are as close to real life beyond a camera as possible.
Yeah, a hypo jungle. And that is true. I guess all I'm saying is that I'm not making a big deal out of it because I got him for such a low price. If I had paid full price it would be worth pursuing, but it's just not worth the trouble in this case. I hope these pictures will help people who are considering his snakes, though.

I would probably buy from him again if I only had pattern in mind, because the snake is healthy and arrived well packed and in a timely manner. While I'm disappointed at the somewhat false advertising, everything else was spot on.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #100
ShadowAceD
So, his immature attitude despite being a grown man that is supposedly some kind of "leader" in the industry would not deter you from purchasing from him again?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!