Bad Guy Ty Park I Think We should Reconsider his Rep - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
Dennis Hultman
It is hard to piece the emails together because of the format and some of them or missing the time sent.

Basically as I read it.

You sent a email explaining the condition asking what he will do.

He sends a email back stating the right thing to do is send him back and he will send you a shipping label and refund.

You then follow that with you want to take him to the Vet and he cover the costs.

Correct so far?

He then states - No, I have my own VET, he'll be treated and his employee we be educated by the situation. Again he is paying for the pick up and returning your funds.

You agree then change your mind.

You then dictate the terms.

You then go on to state that your going to keep him bring him to the VET and want him to refund.

Let me remind you you still have provided no evidence of the sick animal here or to the dealer.

You then go on to state-
Quote:
You may not think that I have a choice, but you do, get a complaint and a report that
you sell sick tortoises on the BOI, and refuse to make it right, or give me my refund and I'll send you documentation of the tortoises illness. THAT is fair, the customer shouldn't be forced to deal with
this mess.
Quote:

I am taking the tortoise to my vet this morning, I would appreciate it if you would refund
my money as soon as possible, because I'm sure I most likely will not have enough to
cover the vet visit and the medicine, both. Once our transaction is done and I've gotten
my refund, I will not bother you about this tortoise, regardless if it survives or not. It
would be out of your hands at that point and my responsibility alone.
I can't find any nasty responses from TY. You talked considerably about his bad attitude and not caring but the only nasty, degrading comments were made by you.

You stated in your emails and here that your only concern is for the animal but yet in your email you stated that his other animals have been exposed to a contagious situation and others are at risk and asked why his ad is still up.

Basically you stated you would keep quit and not post a BOI if you bows to your demands.

Does that really equate to caring about the animals or the people on this board or anyone that would buy animals from him if you simply would look the other way if he relents down to your demands?

I think not. It was simply a blackmail attempt.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine88 View Post

I would see no reason not to give you another excellent rating, because it would cause me to believe that you had no idea this animal was ill when you acquired him or
shipped him to me.

This offer of a good rating in exchange for a refund does not sit well.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
typherp
I don't know what to say about this post. I have tried to be reasonable and nice to her but her implication that we will not take proper care and give him the proper medical treatment is what made me angry. If we did send a sick tortoise, I want him to be returned for full refund so that I can see the tortoise personally and properly retrain my staff so that problem like this do not happen in the future. I have sold 1500+ Russian tortoises in last 3 month without any complaint. This doesn't make this matter better but I am willing to fix the problem if she would just be reasonable about this. She has been very demanding about keeping him without any proof that this tortoise is sick.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
AltitudeExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine88 View Post
See, it's just me, but the difference is that this is not an "item" and I believe in being compassionate, causing as little trauma as possible, for all concerned. If I'm dead wrong in everyones eyes, I still believe what I believe, I won't change, I couldn't.

And you are perfectly entitled to think that and believing as you do. I don't think that is wrong of you at all. However, YOU need to take responsibility for what that means, and in this case your beliefs mean you keep the animals and are not entitled to a refund.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
kanozig
Well said Ty...

Old 07-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #16
AltitudeExotics
Also, the poster goes on and on about refusing to return the animal because she does not believe Ty will actually take it to a vet and have it treated. Later she goes on to claim she self treated the animal and has not and is not planning on taking it to the vet....
That sounds a heck of a lot more like someone looking for a free tortoise than someone who's number 1 concern is the animals well being to me.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
typherp
Key reasons why I did not bend to her demands were:

1) she did not provide any proof this tortoise was sick.
2) I did not like her "blackmail" tone.
3) she was very condescending to me.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #18
Jasmine88
Looking for a free tortoise?

You're out of your mind. When I was raising Sri Lankans, a woman and man named j & L blum gave me a sob story about their disabled daughter and how she missed haveing the sri lankans that they had to sell because of medical bills. I gave them four tortoises, no charge. She turned right around and sold them telling the party they were from D. Beard in Florida. Larry in New York got them. That's the way I do business, ie. I have little business sense. Your problem is you havn't experienced the way I treat people. If I'm demanding, it's because I've never recieved an animal with mouth rot. I couldn't help myself. This board gives you the right to disagree, why go further.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltitudeExotics View Post
Also, the poster goes on and on about refusing to return the animal because she does not believe Ty will actually take it to a vet and have it treated. Later she goes on to claim she self treated the animal and has not and is not planning on taking it to the vet....
That sounds a heck of a lot more like someone looking for a free tortoise than someone who's number 1 concern is the animals well being to me.
I'm starting to wonder whether the tort was actually ever ill. For someone who took great pains to demand a refund, who claims to have been a breeder, and who actually mentioned taking photos several times but never got around to doing it, this buyer has conveniently not offered proof.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
hhmoore
Quote:
That's the way I do business, ie. I have little business sense.
That's fine, a lot of people don't...but Ty Park doesn't seem to be one of them. Your approach "back in the day" has absolutely nothing to do with this situation.
You declined the offered refund upon return; stating that you wanted to keep the animal and get a refund. BZZZZ - wrong answer.
You suggested that the tortoise wouldn't receive proper veterinary care if you sent it back; then treated it yourself & said that it might not need to go to the vet. Wrong answer again.
You showed no evidence that there was even a problem; and now you state that you've totally cleaned up the mouth, but failed to take pictures before, during, or after the process. And everybody, Ty included, is just supposed to take your word for it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!