Bad Guy Ty Park I Think We should Reconsider his Rep - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #51
CrazyLizardLady
I have as well had many dealings with Ty. I have visited his farm on multiple occasions and every time I have been fascinated with his set ups and how he cares for his reptiles on the farm. He has gone above and beyond what 99% of other breeders I have ever seen do for their reptiles. Especially for some who are kept in indoor/outdoor enclosures, etc.....amazing guy with great attitude towards people in general and someone who truly loves the industry and everything about it and willing to lend a hand for anyone..... I believe he tried to do the right thing...and well the OP in this situation was in the wrong for this thread......Keep up the good work Ty.... nothing to worry about here :-)

Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #52
Matthew T. Schaefer
I have had one transaction with Ty and was extremely pleased with our deal and Ty's generosity to me. I do look forward to future transactions with Ty. I have asked him many questions about Cyclura and Ctenosaura and he has always been willing to take time to respond, which he does quite quickly, or chat when he is available. He has provided excellent advice as well. In a hobby and business where there are many questionable individuals and dealings, especially with Ctenosaura and Cyclura, Ty is very trustworthy, reliable, and has the best of interest of others in mind. He is constantly advancing and supporting the care of herpetofauna in captivity and the wild.

From Dennis', Susan's, other postings, and the emails, it is quite apparent that Ty was willing to remedy the problem in a manner few people would though there is no evidence that the tortoise is as described.

If you are considering purchasing from Ty, here are three personal interchanges I have had with Ty that attest to his good character and concern for the well-being of animals and customers (I do have transcripts for all these exchanges in my Facebook account):

1. Ty, at one point, would not sell me some Ctenosaura quinquecarinata as they were in poor condition when they came in, though I was eager to acquire them. I had previously purchased a group elsewhere and that group was in extremely poor shape and did not survive very long. Many dealers sell Ctenosaura in poor condition.
2. He advised me not to purchase a male Ctenosaura conspicuosa he had for sale, though I was extremely interested. He told me the male was too large for females and was too rough with them. His exact words, "You would not want this one." I thanked him for his honesty.
3. Before I acquired my true banana C. pectinata, he had some young males that he brought in. After inquiring, he would not sell me a male as he was waiting to find out if they were true bananas at maturity. Many other individuals will sell wild-caught Florida animals or any pectinata with a hint of yellow as bananas, but Ty will not do that.

You can really trust him that he will follow up with what he says he will do and help you navigate a transaction. I would encourage you to consider all the positive feedback he has and the contributions he is making to Cyclura/ Ctenosaura/ and others in captivity and the wild. He has also been extremely gracious to many customers, including me.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #53
pat brown
All I can say is nobody else seems to have a problem except her.I have bought and will continue to purchase from Ty as my experience was a very satisfying one as 1. I got what I paid for. 2. it was healthy 3. it was delivered professionally and prompt 4. Ty actually had customer service with me by answering questions I had. I have been in the reptile community for over 25 years and dealt with some animal turn over artist that didn't care if they lived or died just wanted a buck to put in their pockets.Ty isn't like that .I think you are in the wrong .He has shown nothing but integrity in solving your issue with him.Why were no photos taken .I always take pics of new arrivals..He stated he would like to resolve this by using said tortoise as a training tool for his employees so that this does not happen again..so by you not letting him resolve this issue are making it possible for this to happen again.sometimes you have to put emotions aside for well being so send it back and you can solve this matter.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #54
HerpVenue
Offers refund to include shipping.
Has farm where animal can live happily with "no Kill" policy
has vet that would take care of the animals.

Where was the part where he was uncaring?
Oh I see. He did not offer a refund while letting you keep the animal. In other words.... You were not able to get a free animal. Gosh he is so uncaring.

I don't send out free animals either. I guess I am uncaring too.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #55
TeguBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
Offers refund to include shipping.
Has farm where animal can live happily with "no Kill" policy
has vet that would take care of the animals.

Where was the part where he was uncaring?
Oh I see. He did not offer a refund while letting you keep the animal. In other words.... You were not able to get a free animal. Gosh he is so uncaring.

I don't send out free animals either. I guess I am uncaring too.
Well put.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #56
paulhale
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
My father once told me that if I stay truthful and follow the right pass, I will alway attract criticism from unscrupulous people....I guess I am facing that now.
Smart man, your father.

From Jasmine88's own "evidence", it seems that Ty has gone WAY above and beyond the call of duty in this situation. Without any real proof on OP's end, Ty has offered to refund the money for the animal and have it picked up by the shipper to avoid OP having to drive it anywhere. He has gone further to say that he will inspect it and have it treated by his vet if needed, and will train his staff accordingly if it needs to be done. If anything, that sounds like a man standing behind his business 110% percent. I have no idea how Jasmine88 can expect anything more than that from him.

Ty Park is an amazing man and I am proud to know him. He has personally given me advice on several occasions regarding my Cyclura cornuta on his own time, even though I did not buy the animal from him and he owed me absolutely nothing. He spends countless hours of his own time and tens of thousands of dollars of his own money on a yearly basis attempting to further the reptile-keeping hobby as well as providing a substantial conservation oasis for Cyclura and Ctenosaura iguanas at his farm in Florida. He is a selfless person. He is wonderful with children, and he is caring and compassionate with his animals. There are few people I have met in my 31 short years of life on this earth that I would consider to be excellent roll-models. Ty is one of them, hands-down.

Jasmine88, I understand the misgivings that you have expressed regarding the animal not being taken care of if you return it to Ty. I have met some shady bastards in this business who would rather bleed your wallet dry than make you a satisfied customer and care for you properly. Please let me assure you, Ty Park is NOT one of them. Please allow him to refund your purchase price and take the animal back. If it is indeed sick, it WILL be treated and properly cared for. I have met, talked to extensively, and received vet services from the veterinarian that Ty has on retainer. He is a good guy and very knowledgeable with reptiles. Please reconsider these accusations and work with Ty to get the animal handled properly. Thank you.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #57
typherp
I want to thanks everyone for chiming in. At times like this, I feel blessed to know so many good people I was able to touched and get to know. As emails show below, Deb and I have come to an understanding.

On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:49 AM, Deb Thomas @yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Ty, thank you for being nice about it, I didn't think you were before, but I know I do things differently than other people sometimes, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm right. Honestly, sometimes I think I'm an idiot, but if I come across a sick animal, I get attached to it right away, I feel like it needs me. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about the possibility that he might be euthanized for something I can fix. (I think) I jumped on you from the get-go. I was very upset because I know mouth rot is painful and he showed no interest in food after all his time in the box. I was just shocked to see the condition of his mouth. But things happen, that's the sad part of dealing with animals. I had a lot of success removing the yellow globs in his mouth and that made me really happy. It's the first time I've ever had to pry a tortoises mouth open and I'm very relieved that it went so well. I was able to get every bit of it that was visible and no bleeding, I'm giving him Jumpstart with electrolyte in it and I think he'll get through this. It means a lot to me that you do care, I can see that you are a good person and I misjudged you. I like to know that people who are dealing with animals are caring people. Thank you. Don't worry about making it right, I want to keep him and I'm satisfied with you keeping the $90. If for some reason he doesn't make it, it will be my own failing, because I've decided to treat him. If you're worried about whether or not he really has mouth rot, because of your other animals, maybe you'd consider spending what you would have spent on shipping towards a culture at the vet. I'm hoping I won't have to take him, they're so expensive in Homer, AK. But I'd definitely do it if having the test done is necessary to you and I'd pay the balance. (above and beyond the shipping amount). But please don't ask me to send him back, I can't do that. He's such a good little guy, he lets me handle him without fighting at all, or getting stressed, for a wild caught animal, it's kind of strange.
> I do believe you now when you say you'd care for him, just so you know.
>
>
> Deb T
> From: Ty Park <@aol.com>
> To: Deb Thomas <@yahoo.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:00 PM
> Subject: Re: Deborah Thomas sent you 90.00 USD
>
> Deb,
>
> Let make this right. Please return him at my cost and I will refund you the money. I see that you are upset and I promise you that the tortoise will be taken care of beyond your expectation. Please let me know what you decide as I am trying to do the right thing without being treated unfairly. It is up to you.
>
> Ty
>
> Sent from my iPad

Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #58
Drew R
The O.P. needs to first post a picture of the so called "mouth rot"(which I doubt exists). Over the years I have had many transactions with Ty all have been flawless. I recently purchased a group of Russians from Ty out of this same group and they are fantastic,heavy ,clear eyes and noses all the things a nice imported tort should be. I do not believe that Ty's knowledgable staff would purposely ship a tort with a mouth issue. Ty is a great guy who definately puts his money where his mouth is to support the reptile industry! He doesn't need this persons $90.00 shipping the tortoise back at his expense is already going to make the transaction a loss. The O.P. threatens to post a negative review if there is no refund she wants Ty to cower and give her a free tortoise.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #59
kouneli
One of the few "Bad Guy" threads that has made me WANT to buy from the seller listed as the "Bad Guy".

I have not yet made any contact or deals with Ty Park, yet after reading this thread, I will certainly keep him in mind if I'm looking for another reptile to purchase. I do believe that he had tried his best to make the buyer happy. If anything, I will be sure to steer clear of the OP, and at least one other poster in this thread.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #60
jtrux
I've been in contact with Ty lately about purchasing a tegu from him and after all this, i'm convinced he will be receiving my money.

I don't have to meet him or go to his farm to know he's a good guy, the proof is in this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!