Bad Guy Ty Park I Think We should Reconsider his Rep - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #71
hypocamaro
I love Reptiles...

Yall should get the love back. You guys sound so silly sometime. I really hate posting on this website because the maturity is that of a middle school ( a dumb one ). Lighten up people.

I love you

Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #72
scaledverts
To me, this thread has turned COMPLETELY around and is now showcasing Ty's true good guy colors! Well Done Ty!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #73
RoyalPythonPros
My girlfriend just told me how much she wants a Tortoise. After reading this thread I think Ty will be the first person I talk to about getting one!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #74
TeguBuzz
Glad Ty's rep has been strengthened by this thread and not tarnished. OP, where have you gone? You were offered a golden ticket without even providing any evidence to Ty. I'd be surprised if that offer still even stood.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #75
Teatime
What I don't really understand or see justified here is the OP's complete un-trusting attitude towards the seller. Yes she was apparently sent a sick animal (I say apparently because we haven't been shown any proof) but never does she actually believe that the seller is going to take the animal to his vet at all... for no apparent reason. Why this attitude? Even when the seller told her about having a no-kill policy, having a vet on retainer, his stellar reputation in the community... I don't get it.

The OP posted this thread obviously related to this incident: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...45#post1621745

I don't know how anyone could answer such a general question.

Yes it's your responsibility to decide how you want to treat an ill animal, but just because you say an animal was sent to you ill, you can't expect someone to just blindly pay whatever you want for the vet bills. You have to provide some kind of reason for HIM to trust that the animal was actually sick when you ask for a refund.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #76
ASH GECKOS
This thread has made me want to look to Ty and his animals before anyone else...and I will.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #77
CvCooley

The thread has already proven Ty Park, my boss, to be a reasonable, honest and top of the line animal caretaker. My name is Corey. I have been employed at his farm as a breeder and caretaker for two years. There are a few things I can tell you about the farm and Ty personally.

Animal Care: No matter what, our goal is to ensure proper health and care for the animals we house at the farm. If the animal needs something to increase care, we buy it. If someone makes a mistake, Ty ensures every employee gets to learn how to not make the mistake, even if it isn't in their job description. Not only does it teach a lesson, but every mistake corrected is a step closer to perfection (and less mistakes!)

Shipping: When I have to ship any of our cyclura, tegu, or any other reptile that we have hatched, it has to be perfect in every way unless the receiver knows about any flaws. Fat belly, energetic, full tail, all digits, etc. We do our best to send the best!

Our Vet: The few times I have gotten to work with him, he has done a flawless job repairing hemipenes accidents and recovering egg-bound females. He also does the best he can do to give us the medication and recovery techniques for any of our sick or injured reptiles.

Ty himself:

Trust: One of Ty's qualities he honors the most. Anyone that is honest with him, gains his respect.

Generosity: If someone needs help, Ty will go above and beyond to help them with whatever they need whether it be advice, support, or even something as simple as a compliment.

P.S....he also thinks he is funny....

Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #78
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teatime View Post
What I don't really understand or see justified here is the OP's complete un-trusting attitude towards the seller. Yes she was apparently sent a sick animal (I say apparently because we haven't been shown any proof) but never does she actually believe that the seller is going to take the animal to his vet at all... for no apparent reason. Why this attitude? Even when the seller told her about having a no-kill policy, having a vet on retainer, his stellar reputation in the community... I don't get it.

The OP posted this thread obviously related to this incident: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...45#post1621745

I don't know how anyone could answer such a general question.

Yes it's your responsibility to decide how you want to treat an ill animal, but just because you say an animal was sent to you ill, you can't expect someone to just blindly pay whatever you want for the vet bills. You have to provide some kind of reason for HIM to trust that the animal was actually sick when you ask for a refund.
I wish the OP would have settled down and thought before posting, but remember she did apologize to him and admit she was wrong. At this point that's all she can do. The cat's already out of the bag, there's no sense in still beating her up about it. At least this has pretty much has turned into a Good guy thread to anyone who reads it. I know this has convinced me the Ty is a good guy!

Old 07-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #79
jdogg317
Prob a little late on the good ty park experiences, but I will chime in as I got 3 RTs from that same ad, and all 3 came in great shape with zero problems and are eating machines!!!! They pretty much will charge me when I come up to the tort table thinking ther gonna get fed.(not shy at all ).

Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #80
Invictus57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH GECKOS View Post
This thread has made me want to look to Ty and his animals before anyone else...and I will.
!

Makes me want to visit him personally. So jealous of those that were fortunate to do so. Always nice to see someone who truly loves their animals when too often come across those who only care about the almighty buck. Kudos Ty!

I want to be like Ty when I grow up! You are so fortunate to not only be able to do what you love but to give back so much. Thank you.

So glad this had a happy ending.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!