PLEASE HELP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
armanilandrin
PLEASE HELP

My leopard gecko isn't opening her eyes. after i give her a bath she opens them a little and they are murky. She hasn't eaten in weeks. Her temperatures and humidity are okay since she lives in a rack and all my other geckos are okay. I am really worried. I don't want her to die. Please help me.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
snowgyre
Armani, can you please post photos? How old is she? Is she in a rack by herself? Where did you buy her? How long have you had her?

Old 02-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
armanilandrin
She won't stay still long enough to take a picture. When I bought her I wasn't given her age but she is still a juvenile. She is in a rack with 11 other geckos. I bought all of them from a man that was getting out of the reptile breeding business.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
snowgyre
I meant, is she housed by herself in her own tub within the rack, or do you have other geckos in the tub with her? How frequently do you hold her? How long have all the geckos been in your care?

Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
armanilandrin
She's on her own tub. I try not to handle her that much so I don't stress her out. They have been in my care since around the 20th. Of December.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
snowgyre
If she won't stay still for long enough for you to take a picture I wouldn't worry just yet. Have you offered her a variety of food items? Sometimes leopard geckos can be reluctant to switch. If they were on roaches to start with, mealworms don't really move enough to entice them.

Is her tail thin and wrinkly, or plump and firm? Can you see her hip bones?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
armanilandrin
I give her small super worms. That's what the previous owner offered them. I cannot feed roaches since I live in Florida and the are illegal. I recently ordered Phoenix worms for my bearded dragon. Should I offer some to her also?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
snowgyre
Yes. Offer a variety of items and see if she'll eat them. Only certain roach species are illegal in Florida (like dubias), so there are options available for you. Try crickets with their jumping hind legs pinched off, sometimes they offer enough movement to be appetizing.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #9
armanilandrin
Do you think she is still okay? She hasn't eaten since December

Old 02-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #10
snowgyre
Without a picture I can't tell. Sometimes females go off feed in winter. I've had girls go off feed for about two months and they were fine, hardly lost any weight. Don't know if it's hormonal or not. If she looks healthy I wouldn't worry too much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!