Obama and the attempt to destroy the Second Amendment - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #71
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
I just made a post here. For some as yet unknown reason, it vanished into the ether.
I don't know. It has happened to me before. Don't close your browser and hit the back button until you get back to that page. I have retrieved a post this way. Copy it out of the post you were making in that window then close and reopen the thread and post again.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #72
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I don't know. It's happen to me before. Don't close your browser and hit the back button until you get back to that page. I have retrieved a post this way. Copy it out of the post you were making in that window then close and reopen the thread and post again.
Yep, tried. It's gone,

Old 11-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #73
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I don't know. It has happened to me before. Don't close your browser and hit the back button until you get back to that page. I have retrieved a post this way. Copy it out of the post you were making in that window then close and reopen the thread and post again.
FWIW, I'm not gonna write the whole damn thing again.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #74
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
FWIW, I'm not gonna write the whole damn thing again.
Let a sleeping dog lie always seemed like good advice.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #75
crotalusadamanteus
Doesn't show up in any of your recent posts in your User profile. Sure you didn't maybe hit the wrong button?

I know I've typed out some pretty wordy posts in the past, and Homer'd out and closed the browser instead of post reply.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #76
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Doesn't show up in any of your recent posts in your User profile. Sure you didn't maybe hit the wrong button?

I know I've typed out some pretty wordy posts in the past, and Homer'd out and closed the browser instead of post reply.
Well, it's possible, but not very likely. Even on the occasions where I have clicked the wrong button, the post is easily recovered.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #77
crotalusadamanteus
Only if you backed out, or actually posted. If you closed the window unposted, it wouldn't recover by backing up.

I think. I'm hardly a wiz with these things, but I make lots of mistakes.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #78
Dreqqus
My take on the issue:

http://thatvideosite.com/video/1804

But in all seriousness, while the 2nd amendment is an individual right, I believe the types of guns that can be owned by the individual are what should be limited. If you want a handgun to protect your family, or a rifle to hunt that's fine, but you don't need an automatic weapon in order to do so. I also believe gun ownership should be subject to some kind of intelligence test. Idiots should not be allowed to just randomly shoot their guns in their backyard. A moron shot my cat, because he was just shooting, for no reason, other than to feel like a big man apparently.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #79
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince View Post
Not that this isn't an important issue, but I'm not entirely convinced that WHOEVER gets elected is even going to have time, or the burning desire, to deal with gun control? It hasn't even really been brought up during the campaigning, and with all of the other GINORMOUS issues that this country is facing, I really hope to heavens that they are focused on things like the economy, the deficit, our health care system, social security, our overseas military involvement, etc...........before either of them focuses on this issue.
Agreed!

I find it funny that people get so up in arms (no pun intended) over GUNS, when much more important things are going on. I personally have no preference on the gun control issue. I just think that the economy, illegal aliens, and the war are much bigger topics than guns. I've seen a lot of Obama slamming on this thread, and I wonder where people get their news. Both candidates have problems (don't they all?) but McCain/Palin are much more volatile than Obama/Biden could ever be. Just my 0.02 cents.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #80
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreqqus View Post
My take on the issue:

http://thatvideosite.com/video/1804

But in all seriousness, while the 2nd amendment is an individual right, I believe the types of guns that can be owned by the individual are what should be limited. If you want a handgun to protect your family, or a rifle to hunt that's fine, but you don't need an automatic weapon in order to do so. I also believe gun ownership should be subject to some kind of intelligence test. Idiots should not be allowed to just randomly shoot their guns in their backyard. A moron shot my cat, because he was just shooting, for no reason, other than to feel like a big man apparently.
Also agreed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!