Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #161
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
EITHICS have changed ALOT over the years, I can say that for sure.
Yeah...I remember the good old days, too - getting newly caught ratsnakes that had literally rubbed half their faces off, lizards and turtles with missing legs, emaciated animals that I was surprised survived the trip (and some that didn't), etc and the best you could expect was a credit on your next order.

After over 2 months, and the animal being in another breeder's care (and possibly bred), I can understand any company wanting to inspect it for themselves before taking it back. Unfortunately, we don't know what Outback's response would have been after the same time period if the snake had stayed in the care of the purchaser and simply been found to be a male; and there's no sense speculating about that....they played the cards they were handed. I don't necessarily agree (or disagree) with their decision, but I can understand the rationale behind it.

I will say that I have made one purchase from Outback...there was a problem with one snake, and I immediately brought it to their attention. I tried their suggestions, without effect, and wanted a refund. I was given the same "Have to talk to Ian", "Still waiting to hear from Ian" lines, and it didn't sit well with me. I responded that if Ian was going to screw me over, he (Josh) should just tell me instead of jerking me around. At that point, I was offered an acceptable replacement/exchange. Of course, this one didn't come with paperwork; and they didn't breed for me this year, so I'm sort of stuck (I can't sell them as hets when I only have paperwork on the male, and they haven't produced so I can't guarantee the genetics.)

Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #162
endrin
[quote=DaveyFig;1473565]Is that Doug Donnelly aka 4D Serpents?

The very same!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #163
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
Is that Doug Donnelly aka 4D Serpents?
The very same!
So your line that no one would know him was incorrect.

While I don't know your friend, it seems that at a minimum one member does. If that member has dealt with Doug, then he could comment on his dealing & if Doug's word is in good standing.

Are you beginning to see how the reptile community works yet?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #164
4Dreptiles
josh of outback reptiles

This is Doug Donnelly, 4D reptiles,, 4D Serpents, one in the same. I dont see how this topic lasted 17 pages. My friend ordered a female thayeri, thinks he gets a female thayeri. Trieds to breed said snake.. has some "difficulties". Gives me a call to see if i would give it a try. So, i try to breed this "female" with a male.. i observed the pair for a few minutes.. having other things to tend to. This is the way i breed. Having as many as 300 other snakes that need tending to. I am old school, putting plain white paper towels in to line the cage. This way i do not have to visually see the breeding as there will be stains left behind should it occur. The next day there were no stains.. So I put this "female" with another male (still thinking its a female) and actually watch for awhile. They acted like 2 males together. Soooooo i figure why not try a female this time. There was little interaction this time. I give the snake a day or two to rest. I try a male again which is the snake in the pic. He is half thayeri & half corn. This time I got a big reaction, but a males reaction. Why? who really knows.. Low and behold, HEMIPINES! There was no time to VIDEO TAPE this occurance. I was lucky enough to snap a cell pic.
Judging by some responses maybe i should have asked the snake to hold that pose while i run to get my video camera. I sent the pic to Paulie saying I found your problem. Yes i have been breeding for 25 some odd years. I do this as a hobby. I DO NOT make a living from this. I do not have a web site to sell my snakes. I sell most of my hatchlings through my job and friends. I have a full time job which takes up 50 plus hours of my week. I did not know the snake was mis-sexed. We have all put snakes together and dont get the wanted results. Sometimes it takes a few times. So that was the route I took. I dont see myself as a PROFESSIONAL breeder, maybe an expirienced hobbiest. As you can see I dont post much, i dont have the time to sit and post post post. As far as this problem between Josh and Paulie, its between them.. what they work out is what they work out.. I really dont care what anyone else thinks. As Forrest Gump would say, thats all i got to say about that.. Now if you all excuse me, I have 500 plus eggs to check up on,.. say what you will, there will be no reply.. I dont have the time,, Doug

Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #165
4Dreptiles
josh of outback reptiles

oh yeah one more thing, and this one i will check up on to find the answer..
Dave Fig, how is it that i know you.. your name is not ringing any bells...

Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #166
endrin
I met with Ian at hamburg today, every thing was made right no b.s. no banter just pleasant convo.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #167
Focal
Good to hear, thanks for the follow up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!