Snow bull Questions?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
RobertIII
Snow bull Questions??

I am looking at getting a pair of snow bulls and had a few questions on them. First I was wondering What size cage "tub" do adults need? I am looking at aquiring visions rack for ball pythons and was wondering if that could house adult snow bulls comfortably? Also I have read that some people feed like 6 adult mice weekly to adults? What do your adult bullsnakes eat weekly? Lastly if you want to share some pics of your snows and size comparison pics that would be great! Thank you

Old 08-26-2007, 01:39 AM   #2
Sweeney's Serpents
I would start them off in a shoe box (rubbermaid) or a 10 gal aquarium to see them better and move up from there. My adults eat medium rats at will. Bull will eat out of the egg and just not stop. I like them the most because of their personality. I just hatched out 2 clutches of snows. If you have any other questions e-mail me at sweeneys_serpents@yahoo.com.

Scott Sweeney

Old 08-26-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
hhmoore
A shoebox sized enclosure works well for hatchlings, as Scott said. A medium sized bull would be okay in the V30 tubs...for a while. Bulls are very different animals than BPs, and, IMO, need more space. I do currently house some of mine in comparably sized tubs, but will be making a rack that will utilize 74qt sterilites (just as soon as I can find the time).
Feeding - I give them small or medium sized rats (depending on which I have more of).

Pics - these aren't just snows, but my snows are in here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=89942
and one of this years clutches:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=101943

Old 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
RobertIII
Thanks for the replies guys! Sott those are some beautiful snakes! I have been keeping kingsnakes for the last couple of years and am looking to move up to some bulls. I just love the way a adult snow bull looks! HHmoore you said the i-30 tubs would be good for awhile. I was looking at the vision cb-70 tub rack. Here is a link to a pic of it http://www.visionproducts.us/racks/i...st_bp_cb70.jpg Would this racks tubs be big enough to house bulls when they are adults? Thanks again for all the help

Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
hhmoore
OOPS - I might have said V30, but I meant V70. The V35 is not big enough for anything but a juvie. The V70 is not large enough for long term care and maintenance of adult bullls, IMO...its fine for a 4 footer, but bulls are more active than BPs, and the bigger guys should have some room

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!