HIDING BOXES IN SNAKE CAGES - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
WILD BILL245
HIDING BOXES IN SNAKE CAGES

I Am Curious To The Number Of People Who Have Snakes And The Number Of People Who Use Or Don't Use Hiding Boxes For Their Snakes. I Have Kept Snakes Off And On Since The Early Seventies. Through The 70's And 80's I Never Used Them And I Had Some Burms And Also Retics Among Others And They Did Just Fine. Off And On Till 2007 I Didn't Have Snakes Because Of Moves And Living Conditions That Didn't Allow Me To Keep Snakes. When I Started Back Up I Keep Reading About The Need To Keep A Box To Allow Them To Hide From Preditors Like They Would In The Wild And Their Natural State. Since Then I Have Tried Using Them But All In All Feel Like Mine Do Better Without Them. I Live In A House With Two Roommates And Keep My Four(Yellow Anaconda, Red Tail Boa, Burmese, And A Retic ) Snakes In My Bedroom. All Things That Go On There, Tv Watching, Music Playing, And Walking Around They Are A Part Of It And Are All Calm And Not At All Disturbed By All The Activities That Go On There. Like I Say Just Wanted To Throw This Out There And Get Other People's Experiences.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #2
elena
Personally. I would say it depends on the size/age of your snakes. I feel that small/baby snakes should have a hide, but I don't provide hides for adult large-species snakes, such as boa constrictors, because they rarely utilize them. However, a few of my large snakes occasionally show a desire to hide, and they do so under their cage liners. Perhaps that means that I should be providing hides after all.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:31 AM   #3
WILD BILL245
Elena My Baby Burm Was In One When I First Got Him And He Never Came Out. At First I Guess The Problem Was I Use Coco Bark Bedding And I Guess I Had To Much In The Bottom Because When I Got Tired Of His Extended Hide In It I Took Iy Out For good And Like A MOLE He Burried Deep In It Lol!!! I Named Him " BOOGER " Because That"s How He Was Acting. Now After A Few Bites On The Hand ( OUCH ) And A Lot Of Handling And Loving Him He's Puppy Dog Tame And A Little BABY. A Joy To Have And I Love Him Yo Death. Just Wanted To Share That With You. In The Python Section Elena Take A Look At My New Baby Purple Albino Retic Savannah. She's A Sweetheart. Take Care.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #4
bcr229
I have adult boa imperators, BRB's, retics, a female three year old yellow anaconda, and a female three year old burm that currently have hides. Except for the yellow anaconda, they primarily use them for a few days right after they have eaten, or while they are in shed.

The anaconda uses her hide all the time; it is rare to see her out unless she is in her soaking tub.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
WILD BILL245
HIDES

My 11 Yr Old Female Yellow Anaconda Does The Same. Of The Four Snakes I Have I Only Have One In Hers And Only Because The Dome Crome Light Is Over It And She Loves The Heat At Night And Curls On Top Of The Box. That's The Only Reason I Leave It In There. She Mostly Stays In Her Water Bowl And A Little In The Box. My Boa NEVER Used It And Baby Burm Hides Under Tree Vine. I Have A Beautiful New Female Purple Albino Retic With A Sweet Temperment. My " PRIDE & JOY ". She Is My BABY. I Have A Picture Of Her In The Python Section.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!