Bad Guy Adam Wysocki - No response - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #301
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
So because your friend was unqualified or unable to ship its ok to keep their money abbreviated sell their snakes that they'd paid for to somebody else? But he's still a good guy.
"Abbreviated" should be "and" phone spell corrector got me again.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #302
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
So because your friend was unqualified or unable to ship its ok to keep their money abbreviated sell their snakes that they'd paid for to somebody else? But he's still a good guy.
What I get from the story (and I don't know the inside details because I don't care and haven't asked) is that he received money for the snakes and for some reason wasn't able to ship for an extended period of time. The money was spent (whether you believe it to be right or wrong, that is what happens in business) on medical bills and trying to stay alive in a bad reptile market. When it was agreed that he would repay the debt rather than continue trying to ship the snakes, he tried to sell them locally. Due to the economic downturn they didn't have the value they had before thus payment has been delayed. None of this makes him a bad guy. Whether you want to believe him to be one or not is your prerogative.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #303
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Ok, then the debts should have been reported when the business closed its doors.

Andrew & David, I would strongly suggest you get an attorney involved being that 8 Ball was in fact an LLC. This will be much more difficult to deal with then if it were a sole proprietorship. I got taken for $1,500 by a client who closed his LLC (and subsequently opened another shortly after with a new name, our government amazes me) and I simply wrote it off as it wasn't worth the aggravation. Being that what you two are owed is over four times that, I would get legal consultation and go from there. I would try to find a lawyer down in Maryland where he is, I imagine that would make it much easier.

Good luck with everything. This is going to be a real mess.
Reported to who? The IRS? You and I don't know his financial business. Maybe they were. It doesn't change the facts.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #304
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
Reported to who? The IRS? You and I don't know his financial business. Maybe they were. It doesn't change the facts.
From what I understood, for the company to file bankruptcy all debts must be reported to the court and they then decide how to divide liquidation of assets up between the creditors. You can't just close down an LLC and go about your day.

A lawyer familiar with LLC law would be better able to talk to these two about the specifics and what they need to do.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #305
jglass38
Quote:
From what I understood, for the company to file bankruptcy all debts must be reported to the court and they then decide how to divide liquidation of assets up between the creditors. You can't just close down an LLC and go about your day.

A lawyer familiar with LLC law would be better able to talk to these two about the specifics and what they need to do.
I agree this is an issue for lawyers, not reptile forums.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #306
david1
Quote:
David, I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I'm glad you finally came forward. Not all of us are defending Adam's behavior, so please have faith in dealing with the in the future US.

I'm not sure if this will apply to overseas, but IC3 is a good place to start when reporting internet fraud. http://www.ic3.gov
TripleMoonExotic
Thanks for your kind words and info that you have supplied . NB- Over the past few years I have built up good business relationships with a couple of business's from the states and I have not had any hassles ! I will not let one bad experience spoil these relationships !!!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #307
cobraman1
Quote:
I agree this is an issue for lawyers, not reptile forums.
I think its still an issue for this forum. The guy is a thief, plane and simple. People need to know this and that is what this forum is for. If he was just " down on his luck" he could still log on to his email and let the people he owes what's going on. Plus he is still selling at shows, correct? I would never buy from him or you to be honest, just because it doesn't seem to bother you that he owes so much and wasn't made it right.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #308
david1
Quote:
You probably should look up the definition of fraud. A business deal gone bad where a guy runs out of money and can't pay back a debt doesn't constitute fraud. Maybe everyone here can dial down the rhetoric.

I see this as a good guy (and I know this because I am one of his true friends, not someone who was his friend because he had some cool snakes) who had some issues and now does not have the means to pay back some people as fast as they would like him to. My advice would be, treat this as a company that has gone out of business and filed bankruptcy. If it is in your best interest, then use whatever legal means necessary to recoup your money. Otherwise, drop the bullshit and let these threads die. Adam doesn't need to come to some meaningless Internet forum to plead his case to a bunch of people whose opinions he (and most others) couldn't give less of a crap about.
With all due respect I think that your advice sucks !! The general public (International) need to know what he has done !! I would hate for anyone else to lose their hard earned cash !! I cannot believe that you would refer to what has happened here as "bullshit" , the world would be a very sad place if everyone reasoned like you !! What Adam has done here is not right man - How do you explain the fact that he can afford to go to all the Hamm show's ? (And others ) - If Adam had just communicated with us none of this would be happening right now - Even if he admitted that he did not have the cash and he could only pay me in a few months time - I would have understood and I would not have had any expectations !!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #309
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
I think its still an issue for this forum. The guy is a thief, plane and simple. People need to know this and that is what this forum is for. If he was just " down on his luck" he could still log on to his email and let the people he owes what's going on. Plus he is still selling at shows, correct? I would never buy from him or you to be honest, just because it doesn't seem to bother you that he owes so much and wasn't made it right.
I couldn't care less what you think or whether you would buy from me (not that I am selling anything).

Old 11-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #310
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
With all due respect I think that your advice sucks !! The general public (International) need to know what he has done !! I would hate for anyone else to lose their hard earned cash !! I cannot believe that you would refer to what has happened here as "bullshit" , the world would be a very sad place if everyone reasoned like you !! What Adam has done here is not right man - How do you explain the fact that he can afford to go to all the Hamm show's ? (And others ) - If Adam had just communicated with us none of this would be happening right now - Even if he admitted that he did not have the cash and he could only pay me in a few months time - I would have understood and I would not have had any expectations !!
I guess that is why they came up with that old saying about opinions and what they are like and who has them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
8ballpythons, adam wysocki, maryland