WANTED: Toads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
SCReptiles
WANTED: Toads

Non-toxic (no canes, fire belly, etc) toads needed to use as feeder. Live or frozen.

Can pick up at the lowcountry reptile expo in SC next month.

Phone: 423.580.7513 Email: Info@TriStateHerp.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
Archimedes Artifex
Well if it wasn't so cold here I would gladly go collect as many as you needed. There's a minow pond and all the small Fowlers toads are going to be emerging soon. I will be at that show, the one in Charleston right? If you don't get any I can arrange to have as many as you need shipped to you.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
SCReptiles
Yes, I think we can do business, I can use anything from froglings still with the tail, all the way up to full grown adults. How much? If we can’t arrange pick up, they would have to be shipped on dry ice or alive. Can you arrange that? thanks ---Chuck
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
Archimedes Artifex
Well I can mostly get you as many dime sized toads as you want. Alive or frozen is up to you. I can arrange the shipping, and I would say $5 a dozen. Plus shipping. They would be appropriate sized for hatchling garter snakes, and in a couple months good enough for med to large garters.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
SCReptiles
I have to keep a garter for my indigenous reptile shows, however, it seems pointless to me to breed them. There is not a market to sell the babies and my coral will not even eat them. I am looking for eastern hognose food. I produced 20 last year and 17 rolled within month. 5 were eating straight pinks and all were taking them scented with a frozen toad, but just did fair well. I want to experiment feeding them toads for a couple months, then switching to pinks when they are better established. Is the $5/dozen price for all sizes of just the little ones? If all sizes, I will probably want about 300 from you. I also have water snakes that feed well on adult frozen/thawed toads. Thanks ---Chuck
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Archimedes Artifex
$5 a dozen for the dime sized fowlers toads. Med. and large $12 a dozen or $2 a piece. If you want them live I can arrange that, I can't gaurantee live arrival of all the animals especially if you want 300. I won't be able to get them for a month or two now. They should be emerging from the ponds in late winter early spring. Let me know how many, frozen, alive, half and half, size you want. I will get back to you when I get them.

Thanks
-Richard

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread