Pricing or trade value question on a new project - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #11
hhmoore
Remember - the originating animals were WC...they may have looked like cinnamons; but, in the only breeding that has been discussed, they didn't produce anything that looked like cinnamons or supers. The point is, you don't know what you have. Since you bred the "unusual cinnamon" to another cinnamon, and produced a regular cinnamon + a normal, you don't even know for certain that the unusual one is a cinnamon; and it didn't reproduce itself...which means that the only claim you can truly make (at this point) is that it is unusual. Some people are willing to gamble on things like that, some aren't.
My only suggestion is, if you opt to sell, stick with the facts and don't make claims that could be disproven (1.2 het, cinnamon, etc).

Old 04-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
hhmoore
Sorry - misread the OP, thought the 2nd picture was of the pairing.
For clarification, you said you bred the unusual cinnamon with her visual sibling...what does that mean? That you bred 2 "unusual cinnamons"? Has your friend that bought the pair done any breedings?

Even with my comprehension slip, I would hesitate to call these cinnamons at this point...save that for when they produce a super cinny. If the "super" is the faded pattern that you have, I'm sure it would still be of interest (but it wouldn't a cinny, neither would the cinny looking baby). It's a project - but it offers more promise than most dinkers.

FWIW, there are similar faded pattern snakes that have been in the classifieds over the years. Most unproven, WC dinkers. I'm not an avid BP person, and I don't spend time on other BP forums or facebook snake groups; but I don't recall seeing followup posts that they've proved as anything. Might want to spend some time on WOBP to see if you can find something similar in their genetics list.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #13
Mr. D
Well its clear they must have cinnamons as the base my has my buddies clutch yielded a super cinny and mine a regular cinny. While I agree it's pure speculation I'mconfident Iin one thing which is cinnamon is in the three unusual snakes.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #14
hhmoore
Had you included that information (about the super) earlier in the thread, I wouldn't have bothered posting.
Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #15
Mr. D
My bad I posted in several threads looking for opinions. I appreciate you taking the time to give me yours. It's been a few year head scratcher time will only tell!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!