Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #121
Chris Kennard
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
And again, that picture proves no such thing. How deep is that cup they're in. Once again, given the attitude I'm seeing from the op, I'm having a hard time believing there is no exaggeration in her claim. I'm just waiting for more info.
"I'm not doubting she got a lot of beetles, or that she received a lot of dead crickets"

Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #122
TattooLost
Your point is? I'm not doubting either. I'm doubting the NUMBER she got, and take issue with hear reaction to the order. If she had pictures of exactly what she received I'd be more inclined to believe her. Hell, if she'd been level-headed about the whole thing I'd be more inclined to believe her. As it stands though, I do not.

Look, she claims she ordered 3000 crickets. She then says she received more like 1000 crickets, and most were dead. On top of that, she claims she received MORE beetles than crickets (live or dead, doesn't matter.) That entire claim screams of exaggeration, ESPECIALLY given her entire attitude on the matter and the way she dealt with it. That cup picture shows nowhere near 1001 crickets... it doesn't even look like ONE HUNDRED beetles... I'm supposed to believe she received less than 100 live crickets?

Sorry, no.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #123
TattooLost
oops, should say "1001 beetles."

Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #124
Wilomn
Rick, as you know from many years of reading the BOI there are some who have no real point, who's only goal is to gain attention for themselves. This seems to be a prime example. You can explain until the cows come home but it won't do any good. Your points are valid and just about anyone with more than half an ounce of grey matter can see that. Others just like to argue, troll even. I think you're probably feeding one.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #125
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
Rick, as you know from many years of reading the BOI there are some who have no real point, who's only goal is to gain attention for themselves. This seems to be a prime example. You can explain until the cows come home but it won't do any good. Your points are valid and just about anyone with more than half an ounce of grey matter can see that. Others just like to argue, troll even. I think you're probably feeding one.
And anyone who has been reading the BOI for many years can testify that you are my little stalker. Twice you have posted in this thread with no provocation just to voice your displeasure toward me with no opinion regarding the topic of this thread.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #126
hhmoore
Rather than let this go while I'm away from the computer, and risk letting it continue,
the interpersonal bickering isn't welcome here. Please keep posts relevant to the topic of the thread, or take it to PMs.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #127
aoldham3
tube o' crickets

I know this is supposed to be bashing Fluker Farms but, has anyone gotten those tubes of crickets? What are your thoughts on that?

Sorry to the OP but, I know there are some people in support of FF.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #128
PhienixVixen
Several months ago I had bought several orders of crickets from Fluker Cricket Farms. Each time they came with little worms that I thought were cadaver beetle larva. It turns out that they are carpet beetles. My house is now infested with them. They even got in my daughter's bed and bit her several times. I am not happy. I am going to need to pay pest control to come and spray my house for these beetles. Sure the crickets were the lowest priced around but I would of saved more money by buying from someone else. All that money and then some will be spent getting rid of these parasites. My 6 year old daughter is crying due to the pain of these bites on her leg. A lose cluster of about 6 of these bites. She also has one on her face. I looked and found several of these bugs hiding in her blanket. Not happy at all. She had some bites on her under arm a few days ago but we thought it was from a misquote that got in the house. I was wrong, it was from these carpet beetles. Lucky I do not need to take my daughter to the doctor due to these bites. They are painful but not dangerous. I do not suggest buying from this company.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #129
aSnakeLovinBabe
Carpet beetles are dermestids, they feed on dead organic matter such as furs and wool. They don't bite humans... Doesn't sound like carpet beetles.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #130
Gordon c. Snelling
Probably not bites but a reaction to the hairs the larvae. Some people react quite badly to them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!