Why people here low ball offers? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #21
Lucille
Jason, do we all have the same idea of what a lowball offer is? A genuine lowball, not just a figure thrown down designed to fetch a counteroffer. Would it be 25%? 50%? What do you think?
And what about those people who bought the big box setup and supplies, wouldn't they think an offer of $150 with a tank for a normal bp is a lowball after they just finished paying $400?

Old 07-10-2017, 02:23 PM   #22
Beyond GenetiX
Let's just say, I have a snow hognose snake for sell, for 600.00 (which I do). Now, let's just say that it is fair market price (which it is). Now, let's just say someone said "I'll take a male snow for 300.00" (which they did). I think that is a low ball offer. Soooo, 300.00-3%(PayPal) =291.00-45.00 (shipping, at the least) =246, this is what I'd get. I'd say that is a definite low ball offer. I understand what a low ball offer is, I also understand how the misinformed can be. It's more a case by case scenario, if you ask me (which you did).

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #23
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Maybe a separate thread should be started. Maybe a list of low ballers, somewhere the names and offers can be posted as screen shots. That might slow them down a little. I'll ponder on it a little longer.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
The only way such a thing would be permitted on this site is if you want to make an individual and separate Board of Inquiry thread about each and every person you consider as a "low baller".

Old 07-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #24
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
The only way such a thing would be permitted on this site is if you want to make an individual and separate Board of Inquiry thread about each and every person you consider as a "low baller".
Yeah, I didn't really see a place it would fit in. I still don't think it's any worse here.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #25
jaysteino
In my mind less than 50% or getting offered a non feeding hatchling price for an established A+ adult animal. That bugs me. I thought people here had a better sense of value for these animals.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #26
nickolasanastasiou
Chin up. It happens everywhere.

I used to get more insultingly low offers a lot more than I do these days. I rarely get them now and typically from total newbies to the hobby (or relative to a section of the hobby). If a person is especially persistent with it after I decline or has a habit of doing it for multiple offerings, I make a note of them. There are sometimes cultural components to consider, too, as some cultures accept extreme haggling as part of deal discussions (with some people even being more interested in the haggle than the deal itself). For people who come from cultures that are not so accepting, the practice is insulting. I intensely dislike pricing games and that includes when I am trying to buy. If individuals are bad enough about it, I actually will let my network of associates and acquaintances know who is trying to pull what with me as a warning to not have their time wasted. People who lowball do not realize the damage it may do to their reputations behind the scenes. "It does not hurt to ask, right?" Actually, it can. There are plenty of people who cannot get what they want at any price thanks to abusive and consistent lowballing behaviors.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:24 PM   #27
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
There are plenty of people who cannot get what they want at any price thanks to abusive and consistent lowballing behaviors.

I have several names, and while I wouldn't call it a "blacklist" per se (these people take decent care of their current animals and their human offspring) it's a list of people I simply won't sell to. Even if it's a 0.25 cent mouse. Because they're just irritating, trouble making whiners, or they're constantly asking for reduced prices, etc.

Sadly though^^^^ this is exactly why I don't breed much anymore and don't do shows.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #28
blueboost68
You know what's worse than low balling sailing to a dealer at wholesale and then them wanting to charge you retail.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #29
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboost68 View Post
You know what's worse than low balling sailing to a dealer at wholesale and then them wanting to charge you retail.
Yeah, but it's tough to stay in business buying wholesale and then selling wholesale.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #30
blueboost68
Not saying sale to everyone wholesale. If I am your supplier I expect to be treated to the same pricing I give, but most dealers think its a one way street

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!