Jodi Burger Of Lake Elsinore Please Keep An Eye Out For This Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
The Reptile House
Jodi Burger Of Lake Elsinore Please Keep An Eye Out For This Snake

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...?product=25952

THIS WAS THE ADD LINK, SHE HAS SINCE REMOVED IT.
SHE ADOPTED A 7' RED TAIL BOA FROM OUR RESCUE SOME MONTHS BACK. THIS BOA WAS TO REMAIN AS A PET ONLY FOR IT WAS BORN WITH A SPINAL DEFORMITY AND WAS NOT TO EVER BE PUT IN A BREEDING SITUATION. I FOUND AN AD IN WHICH I COPPIED THE ADD AND THE PICTURE AS WELL. SHE WAS FROM WHAT IT SEEMED TRYING TO NOW SELL HER.
THIS WAS THE ADD.
Description: 7' Female Columbian Boa. i have no need for her anymore as i sold my mlae boa 2 months ago, and I'm looking into Pythons (Retis &Burms). Need to move her out. She is frendly unless in shed or hungry, a little hissing in cage but fine once out.
Shipping Cost: depends on location
Telephone #: 951 609 1693

THIS IS THE PIC SHE HAD LISTED AS WELL WHICH IS HER. I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF JODI AND SHE STATED THAT THAT BOA IN THE PIC WAS NOT THE ACTUAL ONE SHE WAS SELLING. NO WHERE IN HER ADD DOES IT STATE THAT. SHE ALSO HAD ANOTHER ADD THAT SAID SHE WOULD BE AT THE SEPTEMBER NARBC AND WOULD BRING HER THERE FOR ANYONE INTERESTED. SHE SAID SHE IS KEEPING HER, WELL THAT IS NOT WHAT IS IN HER ADD.
WE ARE ASKING EVERYONE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR NEW ADDS WHERE SHE SEEMS TO BE ATTEMPTING TO SELL HER. SHE WAS UNDER THE AGREEMENT THAT SHE HAS TO BRING HER BACK TO US IF SHE CAN NO LONGER KEEP HER.
ALL WE ASK IS THAT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THIS SNAKE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SOLD, READOPTED BY HER OR GIVEN AWAY AND ALL WE ASK IS THAT PEOPLE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR HER BEING OFFERED.
WE TRY OUR BEST TO PLACE THE REPTILES THAT COME IN TO US TO GREAT NEW HOMES AND ALL WE CAN DO IS USE OUR BEST JUDGEMENT AGAINST THAT AND SOMETIMES WE ARE JUST WRONG-WE ARE HUMAN AND SOMETIMES IT JUST HAPPENS. I WANTED TO MAKE EVERYONE AWAIR OF THE ADDS SHE HAD OUT FOR SUPPOSEDLY HER.
THANKS FOR READING SHANELL.
THIS WAS THE # LISTED IN THE ADD WITH THE PIC, IT IS A DIFFERENT # LISTED IN THE ONE WITHOUT THE PIC. 1-951-609-1693
PLEASE IF ANYONE BUYS HER OR SEES HER BEING LISTED FOR SALE PLEASE LET US KNOW, IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Dawnrenee2000
Wow, that is SOOOO not an attractive setting for that animal. Thanks for posting this. It is helpful to keep aware in the herp community.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
yeah i saw that ad earlier today. Ill keep my eyes open if i see it again.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
The Reptile House
Ya I know, you try your best to judge people and sometimes you just get taken for a ride. Not much all you can do hugh. As long as everyone is awair of this snake and her situation that she can not be sold, readopted, or given away and must be brought back here than that is all we can do from here is just make people awair of this situation. Thanks for the reply, it helps to know people are reading this! Shanell.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
hbreen
To play devil's advocate - do we want her to keep the girl if she may mistreat her? I hate to see her be mistreated if the gal is trying to get rid of her.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Bill_Leverton
Shanell, Ive seen that picture on Reptile Auction Quite a few times over the past couple weeks, I will also keep an eye out(my good one) if I see it again I'll contact you.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
The Reptile House
Thanks!! I appriciate that! Shanell.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 PM   #8
DThomas
Who's pic is it and when did she get the snake? Just curious because the pic was taken 01/12/2005.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
The Reptile House
Her date and time stamp is way off. She got her from our rescue somtime around April-MAY of THIS YEAR 2006. Just great, Reptile Auction as well. I never go there. Some people! Thanks everyone, Shanell.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
The Reptile House
Sorry it was her pic. That is what caught my eye! That is the same pic she sent me just a few days afetr she got her from us. Not very smart on her end. Then I saw her name at the bottom. She was born with a spinal deformity to the owners or friends of the owner of the reptile store in Laguna CA. The owner gave her away to a gentalman and his daughter because all she wanted was just a pet. They kept her for approx 6-7 years and in the process the dad wrote a book about the strength of boas and based it around her(from what we were told, the next owner kept the book)she then went to live with a lady who had her for approx. 2 years and then turned her into us.
You can not miss her, it looks as though you have taken a golf ball, cut it in half and placed that half on top of her spine down towars the 3/4 section of her spine. If you look at the pic you can see it there just at the corner of the top of the window pane.
Shanell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!