David Boggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2003, 02:20 AM   #1
ArkValRep
Question David Boggs

What can anyone tell us about David Boggs? Has anyone purchased any Womas from him recently? Thanks in advance.
Marc Morris-Arkansas Valley Reptiles

Old 12-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #2
MoBetter
I purchased a 2.2 hognose group from David a few weeks ago. Everything went smooth and the animals in arrived in great shape. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. I don't know anything about his womas though.

Bobby N. Buckner-Carolina Specialty Pets

Old 12-30-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
8BallPythons
I have sold ball pythons to David and enjoyed the entire process. He was a pleasure to work with and obviously very passionate about his animals. I would do business with him again as either a buyer or a seller in a heartbeat.

Happy New Year

Adam Wysocki

Old 12-30-2003, 05:26 PM   #4
elrojo
Thumbs up Me too

I sold David some Okeetees and he was very nice to deal with. I suspect that the reason no one who has bought womas from him is posting is because this will be his first year breeding them. When he came to my house last summer, he LOVED my womas and I am fairly certain didn't yet have any. He's gotten quite a collection together since, he sends me photos from time to time.

How long he has produced womas would be of no concern to me, he's a good guy and I'd be shocked to hear of any problems from his end.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:09 AM   #5
flboabreeder
Thumbs up

David recently purchased a Suriname boa from me. The transaction was great other than the shipping company. After lengthy discussions with Mr. Boggs, I found he seems to have a true passion for his animals and I would not hesitate to purchase from him.

Thanks, Jesse V

Old 01-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
rlmcritters
Thumbs up David Boggs

David and I have had a couple of dealings and all went well. I treded a very nice female Suriname and a draft choice to be named later for an 02 female woma. she was in great shape and is wonderful animal. I have talked to him on a couple of occasions and found him to be knowledgable and passionate about his animals. By all means I would do business with David again!

Old 01-04-2004, 01:42 PM   #7
ckveverka
Thumbs up shipping problems

I recently ordered a pair of boas from David Boggs over the holidays. Unfortunately they arrived dead due to late arrival or what-ever. Without me asking about a guarantee before purchasing, he offered my money back. I called him back and told him to keep some of the money but he still sent the full refund. Most people would have kept some of the money if offered but he went above and beyond. If he had another pair of snakes I would still do business with him. Thank you David Boggs

Chris

Old 01-18-2004, 01:10 AM   #8
jwoolard
David Boggs is a Good Guy!

I too sold David a Suriname and he was a pleasure to work with. He was very professional and displayed a strong knowledge of hepetoculture and the animals with which he works. I would not hesitate in the least to purchase snakes from him.
John Woolard
Buck Creek Ectotherms

Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #9
ArkValRep
Woma Surprise

The reason we started this post is that we had used paypal to send David some money for an adult pair of Womas. (Which was no small amount of money either.) He informed us that he was going to ship on a Tuesday. Well we hurried and got a cage built specifically for those womas and got everything set up and ready. Tuesday came and went. Wednesday we get an email (not a phone call) saying he sent our money back and that he would not sell us the womas. His reason was that the womas were eggbound, which they clearly weren't from the picture and the history he told us of the womas. Then he said he took the snake to the vet who informed him that they were not eggbound. He then said he would not sell them because he no longer trusted shipping companies due to the previous encounter mentioned earlier in these posts. After several days in paypal limbo, we had our money back, we just wasted time and effort. I wouldn't say David is a bad guy to work with especially from all the other posts, I just think he could have handled that situation better.
He never even called!

Old 01-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #10
jwoolard
Herpetoculutre

Please excuse my oversight in my post. I can't believe that I misspelled Herpetoculture of all words! I guess I should have been paying closer attention.
Sorry to all of you that had to witness that.
John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!