Why so much for Lechies?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #21
Cutloe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eperras View Post
There are ALWAYS cheap leachies available. You need to look at the parents and decide what a baby is worth to you. No breeder is forcing you to buy their animals. As an example, the top photo is one of my island mix pairs. The bottom is of my pure pine island pair. Are you seriously suggesting that I should be selling babies from the mix pair for less? Because NO. That would make me an idiot.

Second, earlier you said "That's a step forward towards respectable dialogue, congrats! Now let's see if we can differentiate between a question and a "rant". Sorry, I'm not a professional internet blogger, I'll go to the discussion area next time". And yet you literally just said "The breeders are glad you did this [moved the thread to the discussion forum], because they want to protect thier investment. I purposely put this in the add section so BUYERS can see how they are being RAPED". So it sounds like you are both ranting and being manipulative. Make up your mind. Also, comparing a breeders asking price for a luxury item which is in no way necessary to a buyer to rape is a pretty shit move on your part. Do better.
How much are your lechies? How much are your cheapest ones and why are they price cheaper than the others. Try your best to answer this without proving my point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 PM   #22
eperras
I have 8 pairs going this season. Every pair is priced differently depending on (in this order) 1)the looks of the parents 2)the looks of adult siblings from the same pairs 3)the locality 4)the appearance of babies individually. It is a completely arbitrary scale based on my ideal looking gecko because they are luxury items. Babies go between $400-$2000. And guess what? My mixed ones are the highest price because they are the most beautiful. If you want to get into the market, go for it. Try breeding these guys, watch how difficult it is. One day you will wake up to a pair that has turned on each other and you will be missing toes, tails or a face, or god forbid a dead gecko that you just put 5 years into, and the pair will likely never tolerate each other again. So good luck with your rant about how the market is rape.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #23
Cutloe
Quote:
I have 8 pairs going this season. Every pair is priced differently depending on (in this order) 1)the looks of the parents 2)the looks of adult siblings from the same pairs 3)the locality 4)the appearance of babies individually. It is a completely arbitrary scale based on my ideal looking gecko because they are luxury items. Babies go between $400-$2000. And guess what? My mixed ones are the highest price because they are the most beautiful. If you want to get into the market, go for it. Try breeding these guys, watch how difficult it is. One day you will wake up to a pair that has turned on each other and you will be missing toes, tails or a face, or god forbid a dead gecko that you just put 5 years into, and the pair will likely never tolerate each other again. So good luck with your rant about how the market is rape.
Thank you for proving my point. Your cheapest one was sold for 600 and you claim you have the "most beautiful " . Secondly, I'm not a breeder I'm a pet owner. You do it for the money I do it for the love of the animal and education to others to help preserve our wildlife. You'd sell your lechies to anyone for the right price. I wouldn't sell you anything because my animals are my family. You see the difference? I don't want in your market because your market is the reason why PETA is pushing for licensing.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #24
Cutloe
Quote:
Babies go between 400 and 2000 ?!?!? A 1600 dollar price difference??? What's a $400 lechie? What's a $2000 Leachie? I've yet to see one for 2000 so please show me this marvelous Leachie and then show me the one for 400....

Old 04-05-2018, 10:36 PM   #25
eperras
I literally just did broski. You also just told me that my cheapest went for $600 when I clearly wrote $400 so you aren't reading either. I also didn't say that I had the most beautiful leachies, but that ones from my most beautiful pair are that price. I absolutely would not sell to "anyone" at any price point, I am pretty discerning about who I sell to. I have had plenty of outrageous offers which i have turned down. If you want to bitch about it some more, go talk to steve camelli (the biggest breeder in the country, and arguably the most valuable breeder as far as conservation is concerned since he has the largest collection of pure locality pairs in the country) and ask him what some of his babies go for. You would really throw a bitch fit then.

Also, I freaking love my geckos. They get huge, beautiful bioactive tanks and I have turned my entire living room into their space. So thats a dumbass argument too. You don't want a discussion, you just want to bitch about people not giving you what you want. And guess what? I have never turned a profit on my gecko collection. I use the money from selling babies to buy other babies from even cooler parents. Most of us do. You can call yourself a pet owner and claim that you are into conservation/education/protecting wildlife but what are you ACTUALLY doing for those ends? Because it looks like you just sit around stroking your ego.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #26
Cutloe
Quote:
I literally just did broski. You also just told me that my cheapest went for $600 when I clearly wrote $400 so you aren't reading either. I also didn't say that I had the most beautiful leachies, but that ones from my most beautiful pair are that price. I absolutely would not sell to "anyone" at any price point, I am pretty discerning about who I sell to. I have had plenty of outrageous offers which i have turned down. If you want to bitch about it some more, go talk to steve camelli (the biggest breeder in the country, and arguably the most valuable breeder as far as conservation is concerned since he has the largest collection of pure locality pairs in the country) and ask him what some of his babies go for. You would really throw a bitch fit then.

Also, I freaking love my geckos. They get huge, beautiful bioactive tanks and I have turned my entire living room into their space. So thats a dumbass argument too. You don't want a discussion, you just want to bitch about people not giving you what you want. And guess what? I have never turned a profit on my gecko collection. I use the money from selling babies to buy other babies from even cooler parents. Most of us do. You can call yourself a pet owner and claim that you are into conservation/education/protecting wildlife but what are you ACTUALLY doing for those ends? Because it looks like you just sit around stroking your ego.
I wouldn't buy anything from someone who uses the b word as much as you do. Your wife should be ashamed and if you talked to me this way in person you'd be spending 2000 on more than a lechie. You're a breeder and that's cool but I'm not into beating a dead horse... My objective is to shed light on this and as your comments say on your post "Ha!" Good luck

Old 04-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #27
Cutloe
Quote:

And I got 600 from your page... your cheapest one you sold was 600... You never had one for sale for 400. I'm in Atlanta and we can meet up and discuss it in person anytime you like...

Old 04-05-2018, 10:53 PM   #28
eperras
My little brotato, which "b" word are you referring to? I want you to know that I am a woman, and you are the kind of man who just threatened assault of a woman over the internet (for using a word that you don't approve of, no less) so you best get off that high horse. I hope that your poor wife doesn't have to see this trash fire side of you.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:57 PM   #29
eperras
PS, as you can see, I have listed very few babies on here. Most have sold in person, and the listings that are available on here gives you a negligible sample size.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 PM   #30
Cutloe
Quote:
My little brotato, which "b" word are you referring to? I want you to know that I am a woman, and you are the kind of man who just threatened assault of a woman over the internet (for using a word that you don't approve of, no less) so you best get off that high horse. I hope that your poor wife doesn't have to see this trash fire side of you.
"Bitching" and "Bitch" are the B words you used. Words I would expect to hear from a low life man so excuse me for thinking you were that! You resort to foul language yet have neglected to prove the reasoning for high prices on non locale specific lechies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!