ebony ballpython - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
greg4000
ebony ballpython

in order to make an ebony ball python, do you need to breed a yellowbelly to a granite, or a yellowbelly to a granite yellowbelly? just curious if anyone knows for sure. thanks greg

Old 05-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
nicolai
A yellowbelly to a granite produces the ebony.

For more info check these links:

http://www.grazianireptiles.com/collection/ebony.htm

http://www.pythons.com/list.html

Old 05-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Otter_23
Please correct me if I am wrong but other than Graziani I think only Amir has produced these. They I think are a specific Granite with the light brown heads and lots of granite on the sides. I don't think all "granites" will produce the ebony ball.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
greg4000
thanks

so its almost impossible to tell for sure, ive heard it has to be a true granite, or mabey a granite super. not sure i guess but i will have to keep looking. i appreciate the info and the links.
greg

Old 05-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Fedawg
First off , all this breeding YB to Granbite makes Ebony is crap.

Amir is the ONLY one to produce an ebony , Graziani IMPORTED his "Ebony" a while back.

Do you know how many people have tried breeding YB and Ivory to Granite and havent produced an Ebony???? ALOT

There is something going on with Amirs female , but it just happens to be Granite-like.

Take a second and think , YBs and granites have been around for a decent amount of time , show me someone else who has produced an Ebony....

People are gonna be dissapointed when they do all these breedings and they dont get what their looking for....

Old 05-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
greg4000
thats what i figured

it sounded to easy to me any way. i think there would be alot of ebonies out there if it was that easy. thanks.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg
First off , all this breeding YB to Granbite makes Ebony is crap.

Amir is the ONLY one to produce an ebony , Graziani IMPORTED his "Ebony" a while back.

Do you know how many people have tried breeding YB and Ivory to Granite and havent produced an Ebony???? ALOT

There is something going on with Amirs female , but it just happens to be Granite-like.

Take a second and think , YBs and granites have been around for a decent amount of time , show me someone else who has produced an Ebony....

People are gonna be dissapointed when they do all these breedings and they dont get what their looking for....
That's like the Super Stripe that Jared Horenstein produced. The female he bred a YB to looks like a pretty average striped normal...but she carries something. There are thousands of nice striped ball pythons out there, I have 2 myself...but the chances of me producing a SS by breeding them to a YB are basically zip.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
Otter_23
Oops sorry I didn't clarify yes Amir is the ONLY one to produce and Greg IMPORTED his. It would be interesting to see if it is in fact the same genes are at play and if the two are compatible. I think the fact that granites are inexpensive is indicative that average granites haven't really proved out to be something extra special. They are more like the reduced pattern (not woma) ball pythons.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Fedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGirl
That's like the Super Stripe that Jared Horenstein produced. The female he bred a YB to looks like a pretty average striped normal...but she carries something. There are thousands of nice striped ball pythons out there, I have 2 myself...but the chances of me producing a SS by breeding them to a YB are basically zip.

I know you have some , you emailed me when i had a special imported one for sale, just realized that now.

Jareds striped animals have something special goind on too........

Old 05-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #10
Pink Lady Exotics
I'm obsessed with the stripes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!