Spent the weekend in the hospital... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
WebSlave
Unhappy Spent the weekend in the hospital...

Was NOT a fun weekend....

Started Thursday night with some pains in my abdomen. Just figured I had pulled some muscles somehow. But things got worse thru Friday. I thought I must have REALLY pulled those muscles! Friday night I got the sweats and almost passed out in the bathroom. I made it back to bed but was as wet as I would have been just stepping out of the shower. Later in the morning, around 7am Saturday, I had the shakes (chills?) so bad that I thought I was having a seizure. I couldn't even dress myself, my hands were shaking so bad. I couldn't take my own temperature because I would have bitten the thermometer right in half with my teeth chattering like they were.

So Connie hauled my butt off to the emergency room at Tallahassee Memorial around 8 am Saturday.

Long story short, the doctor on duty in the ER felt confident that I had appendicitis. So they ran me through a CAT scan to verify it, rounded up a surgeon, an anesthesiologist, and an operating room (which took some time) and by 9 pm I was waking up in the recovery room wondering what the hell had happened. Oh yeah, that pain.... The surgeon said I had a slight hernia in my belly button area, so he stitched that up while was was "in there". I am astonished at how small the incisions made actually were, which is REAL good, otherwise I'd be down for 6 to 8 weeks. This shouldn't knock me down for anywhere NEAR that amount of time, but certainly RIGHT NOW, I'm not feeling all that spiffy. Someone rooting around in your guts for your appendix just does a number on you.... But fortunately it hadn't burst open, or things would have been pretty dicey.

I got back home just a short while ago, so I'm going to be taking it easy for a few days. So any emails or PMs are going to be delayed getting replied to quite a bit. I can feel it's about time for a pain pill, RIGHT NOW.....

Just letting you all know why I'm going to be scarce for a bit.....

Old 04-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
KelliH
Rich, I'm sorry to hear that you were/are in so much pain. Steve had a hernia operation many years ago (before we met) and he said it was really painful for a few days after. It sounds like the procedure isn't quite as bad now. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Get well soon Rich!

Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
kmurphy
Glad you're okay Rich. Take it easy.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
Lucille
What an AWFUL weekend. Hope you feel better soon. Whatever needs doing can wait; just take care of yourself and rest.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Feel better soon rich! Im sorry you had to go through that... take the meds and just chill out. You need it

Old 04-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
hhmoore
Take care, Rich - hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Take it easy, relax and get well soon.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Gary O
glad it did not burst my friend. Get better bro and take your time. No need to rush..... Fauna is not going anywhere.... I do not think it is anyways lol.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
Jim O
I'm glad that you're feeling better Rich. Take it easy...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!