Roaches we need no stinking Roaches! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 AM   #61
Craigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmantribe5 View Post
What is the best worms to feed my Beardies Friends?
I didn’t see an answer to your question and I know its a month old. but IMHO I would say silkworms ..

Old 06-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #62
tinmantribe5
Thanks Craig

Old 06-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #63
Craigh
Just to show there difference between them and crickets. I also mix it up and have a colony of dubia roaches for my beardies ,
Silkworms Crickets
Protein 63.8% 11.4%
Calcium .34% .08%
Fat 10.6% 22.7%
Carbohydrate 18.2% 56.0%
Ash 7.4% 9.9%

Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #64
Heart4Dragonz
Thumbs up

I'd agree with Craig on the Silkworms. I had a baby about that age before who I fed silks all the time, and she loooved them.
I have another batch going right now for my kidz They All love them...and hornworms, but hornworms grow quickly, and get big, so they aren't the best for younger dragons..

Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #65
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by frillielover17 View Post
To me they were the only roaches that didn't look as roachy. I would've gotten dubia but quite frankly they scare the crap outta me and look more like your common house roach than the others did. I will say however, I will NEVER get lobster roaches! Those friggin things give me nightmares.
Interesting, to me its just the opposite. I think the Lateralis look much more like the common roach.

A little anecdote about hissers. When I was in college we had to do an insect collection for biology 101. I had a pretty nice (for an amateur) 200 bug collection and after college I stuck it in a bottom drawer in my computer desk. After several years went by I had mostly forgotten about it and in the mean time I had gotten a group of male hissers for pets. One morning at about 3 AM I was sitting at my computer and for some reason the house was unusually quiet and I heard this quiet crunching sound coming from under the desk. I got down on my hands and knees and as I moved my head toward the bottom drawer the noise got louder so I pulled the drawer open. What I found was a huge male hisser contentedly munching away at one of the insects in my collection. From the looks of the rest of the pinned bugs he had been at it for a while. I don't think there was a complete bug left in that box. A quick count of the rest of the colony confirmed that he was the only escapee but after that I made sure that every time I put the lid back on everyone was accounted for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!