Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 84 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 06:20 PM   #831
Urban Jungles
Just FYI

Matt,

If Tim flies down to Fl to bring you the transcripts, better make sure he's got water-proof paper.

I hear there's some precipitation in the Ohio valley this weekend and we wouldn't want everything to show up in Florida to be water logged as past experience with Timmy teaches us...ya know, like during the great flood of '03 that filled that poor emerald up you got with all that fluid.

So sad.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:13 AM   #832
GUER03
Where's Tim Been???

Well I've been looking for Tim for the past 7 months and now I found out where he's been. He's been pissing people off. I designed and maintained his website, Arboreals of the Rainforest, and he's been a pretty cool guy. However in June of last year he was due to pay me for his maintenance of his site and some new work I did for him like that last page of red Amazon Tree Boas he had on there. He told me that he was selling some snakes and that he would send me my money when he collected from that guy. He then said that the guy backed out on him and he had another buyer. That was in June and I heard from him for the last time in July. since then I emailed him several times to see if he still wanted the web site and if not just to tell me and he could pay me for the work I had already done for him. I never heard back from him.

Now it's not the thousands of dollars you guys are dealing with but it is money for services already worked for him. If you notice his site isn't up anymore and hasn't been for a while now so I'm not sure why www.greentreesnakes.com is still under his name on here. Maybe he didn't know it's not up any longer. He's been cool with me but work is work and if you ask somebody to do some work for you and you do not pay them then you are ripping them off.

Tim it seems like you are in a bit of a mess so I will let you deal with your problems. I always did the work you asked me and even hooked you up as far as the extra work I did for you at no charge. I know I won't get what I'm owed out of this but maybe the next guy you ask to design a site for you will not do any work for you before you pay him.

Albert Pena
www.g3graphx.com
Dallas, TX

Old 01-12-2004, 08:09 AM   #833
Ghi Reptiles
Sorry to hear about that Albert but it comes as no big suprise. You should be rightfully mad and deserve every penny he owes you for the website work! Seems there is something new about you coming out all the time Bowles! Joe P. was right when he told me to beware when dealing with you. Pay Albert his money you owe him Tim. You're a disgrace

Old 01-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #834
TimCoplan
How about you pay albert and Matt the money you owe them!

Old 01-12-2004, 05:18 PM   #835
Ghi Reptiles
Sounds good to me Tim!

I just got off the phone with the court reporter and I will have the transcripts tomorrow. The way it works is if Tim was going to get the transcripts, at the time of his request either the court reporter or their office would contact me and ask if I also would like to order a copy. It works the same way too if I ordered a copy of them. A week ago I ordered the transcripts to be transcribed so I can obtain a copy. I was aware at that time that neither Tim or the lawyer he hired to show up in court for him were in possession of the transcripts because they didn't exist in written form. This would leave the competent person to believe that for a long time Tim and whoever else said they saw the transcripts have been lying to an entire herp community. I mean not just lying to me but to every single reader out there!

At the time I ordered the transcripts the court reporter had to contact either Tim or the lawyer who represented him in court and ask if he wanted a copy of the transcripts and he declined......so he has no transcripts at all. I wonder what else he hasn't been telling the truth about? I know for a fact there's more...............

Old 01-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #836
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Albert,

Have you heard anything back yet? I guess it must stink to get caught so many times. I think that will be about it for the posts full of BS beacuse there are too many stories coming out of the woodwork from others besides me.

Old 01-13-2004, 10:50 PM   #837
GUER03
No news

Matt I haven't heard from Tim since last July. To be honest I am kinda shocked that Tim has been this way. He helped me out when I started collecting Chondros a few years ago. I also got ripped off for a Chondro a year ago and Tim was really cool and directed me to this site to read a thread that was already started on that guy named BCHAOS aka Ronald Duohomme from PA.

Tim was a really nice guy to me so I always helped him out in doing extra graphic work for his site at no charge. I hate to see people go down the wrong path, especially if they seemed like they were really a good person. He seemed to be a big part of the Aroboreal community but I guess stuff happens. I even left his site up several months after he was due to pay me, even after I got no response from him in all that time. When the NY/Ohio area had that blackout I tried emailing him a few days later to see if him and the family were ok. No dice.

I don't wish anything bad for him, I just hope he gets his affairs in order. It's not worth ripping people off. Good luck to all you guys involved in much bigger dealings with him. I hope everyone gets a fair resolution to all the issues. Good luck

Albert

Old 01-14-2004, 09:09 PM   #838
GUER03
full name

Sorry but it's been a long time since I've been on this board so I didn't remember the full name rule. I wasn't intentionally hiding my full name. I wouldn't want to get another warning.

Sincerely,
Albert Pena
Dallas, Tx

Old 01-15-2004, 07:31 AM   #839
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Albert,

Have you tried contacting Tim again since you posted? You would think he would be calling you by now to pay you the money he owes you since he looks at this board every day and obviously knows he owes you.

I think it's a good thing that we have informative boards like this so the unsuspecting herper doesn't get burned in the future like we have.

I now have friends of Tim's posting on my classified ads on another site. Here is just one of the troublemakers posts.
Quote:
]ScottsReptiles
Posted: Jan. 14 2004,05:29

so you sell fresh wild caught snakes with no quarantine? Niiiiice

Scott Axel
http://BeardedDragons.50megs.com
That one from Scott Axel who was just recently caught lying on this thread and hasn't returned. How far will these vindictive guys go?

Another friends of Tim's was late paying me for animals and when I continued to contact him in order to try and get payment he sent me an e-mail stating something like 'let this serve as a final warning that your harrassing phone calls will no longer be tolerated'. I guess 'harrassing' meant calling and saying something like......do you know when you will be able to pay me, I could use the money right now. I told him I felt 'set up' and didn't hear back from him.

Go figure........

Old 01-15-2004, 08:17 AM   #840
GUER03
contact

Matt I haven't tried contacting him. I tried several times over the last several months and he never responds. If he wanted to pay me he would have already paid me through paypal like he always had. Even if he just paid me through paypal and doesn't want me to bug him I would just leave him alone. Oh well, life goes on. I can say that I will not front anyone any work until they pay in advance now.

I was laid off at the end of last summer so that cash would have helped a little. Good luck Matt.

Albert Pena

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread