Gravid or Just Fat? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #41
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
You should get a thermometer with a probe to go in the tank and something that won't allow as much air flow as a paper towel into the tank..possibly a sheet of glass or something..seems a difficult task you have ahead of you..also I really couldn't tell you about the heat lamp, but I'd get some heat tape and a thermostat, you could put the heat tape on the side of the tank,,even lay some water bottles between the eggs and the glass..I doubt the tank will hold the heat very well..Good Luck!!
At the moment heat seems to be the least of my worries thankfully. I keep my room very warm about 80 degrees so the heat lamp isn't doing a whole lot, just adding 8 degrees. The damp paper towel is for humidity.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #42
P&A Pythons
Do u have plans for breeding in future? Maybe time to start incubator I have one made from a wine fridge works great. I also made one from a fridge over the summer holds 50 clutches maybe more if I do some stacking. Would be a good time to get started on seeing u have eggs.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #43
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&A Pythons View Post
Do u have plans for breeding in future? Maybe time to start incubator I have one made from a wine fridge works great. I also made one from a fridge over the summer holds 50 clutches maybe more if I do some stacking. Would be a good time to get started on seeing u have eggs.
I just ordered an incubator from reptile basics last night. Hopefully the eggs will hold out until it arrives! I don't have the room for a large incubator right now. I am moving in August and was going to wait to make one until then.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #44
P&A Pythons
K good luck with the move? You staying in Maine ? Atleast it will be warm by then and should have no issues with the move.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #45
P&A Pythons
Your not that far from me if for some reason incubator gets held or don't work shoot me a pm I can lend you my wine fridge one till u get settled in at new place.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #46
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&A Pythons View Post
K good luck with the move? You staying in Maine ? Atleast it will be warm by then and should have no issues with the move.
I'm actually only moving a few minutes away, I'll still be in the same town so not much of a move lol! Thanks so much for the offer. The eggs are still alive so so far so good!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #47
PlatinumRosePythons
The reptibator arrived today! Eggs are still alive thankfully.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #48
chadharper
How are they looking? I completely forgot about this thread until a few minutes ago. Any updated pics?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #49
Shadera
Unfortunately, she lost all of them.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=388128

There's always next year. Never too early to be prepared.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #50
PlatinumRosePythons
I'll be ready next year hopefully! Thanks anyway for all the help guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!