S373 Amended Today to 9 Large snakes from list - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #41
Helenthereef
Wow, my sympathies to you all, you have a BIG fight on your hands.
I'm outside the USA and haven't followed this in detail, but am I right in thinking that this bans trade across states but not within states? I.e., you can still trade within your state?
Then what happens if you move house: can you take your existing snakes across state boundaries? Because if you can I can see a future for snake couriers who legally own the animal for a couple of days while it's transferred.....

Old 12-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #42
Shadera
Interstate trade would be banned. If you moved to another state technically you'd be committing a felony if you take them with you.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #43
Leif
Snakes on Plane didn't help.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #44
wiredonline
Is this a good time to buy a Burmese python?

It seems they are very close to becoming illegal and probably will become impossible to obtain if this bill is passed. What's your take?

Also, on another note I am interested in acquiring permission to quote some of the individuals posting here for an article in a local magazine here in my area. I'm new here, so please PM me if interested.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #45
repti-racks
If anyone has suggestions to fight this, let others know we need everyone in on this and need to reach everyone.Its not over we will win this completely.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #46
Warez
They think i will destroy my beloved pets???, well there wrong and they need to go F**k their selves, bill nelson needs his ass skinned and anyone else supporting this bill. any dog can be far more dangerous than a python, hell i wonder how many horses killed people in the past 5 years. if this passes im sure there will be riots and i wouldn't mind being in one

Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #47
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Interstate trade would be banned. If you moved to another state technically you'd be committing a felony if you take them with you.
Wow, so you'd be "Trading" even if you moved house and took your long-owned pet with you? That REALLY stinks.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #48
Twizted Paths
Yeah, America, Land of the Free.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #49
Helenthereef
Not to go off thread too much, but how do the venomous owners manage this? Surely it's the same issue?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #50
Twizted Paths
The way our Constitution intended it to be. Each city/township has it's own laws, or lack of, with it's own requirements for keepers & any county/state laws would also have to be followed. I get bit a lot so I don't keep hots though, so I don't know the exact specifics.

Also each state has it's own set of laws governing it's native species.

If you don't know It goes from largest governing power/grouping country,state,county, city here. Each sub set can have it's own further limiting laws but can't make something that's illegal on a higher level legal on the lower level.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!