Are you afraid to buy high end snakes due to potential legislation? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

View Poll Results: Are you afraid to invest in snakes due to potential legislation?
Absolutely 10 10.31%
Somewhat 38 39.18%
Not at all 38 39.18%
Its the economy 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #61
mikeyt
Just adding my 2 cents: I am not worried about the new legislation, and its not going to stop myself and alot of other reptile owners from doing what we enjoy. I have stated this on a previous thread somewhere earlier,

Even IF this law is introduced, common sense is that most states are in such financial hardship at this time, that hiring enforcement officers, spending money on proper training and such things are not gonna take top priority in state budgets at this time.

I mean lets face it, this seems to be a major problem and concern for anyone who live in the state of florida and I am sure they will have to contend with some obstacles with their future laws. I am in Pa, and have talked to some relatively local enforcement officials that say with medical reform, unemployment rates increasing, business closings and more that this wouild be low on their list, especially when there are more complaints involving dogs on a daily basis then there are of snakes on a yearly basis. HELL, our local police dept has cut officers and is working understaffed due to financal hardshi. Do you think taxpayers are gonna let officials spend taxpayer money to hire an enforcement officer to look for contraband snakes, when they cant afford officers to enforce the laws with normal criminal activity. I think not. I will be the first one in that line waiting to voice my opinion.

Also lets think about the whole crossing of state lines. Unless their is a state border patrol at every state crossing, how would they even consider enforcing this, how would they even know? The only thing I could really see that affecting would possibly be the shows, but at the same time, I could just drive my animals across state lines and set them up on my buddies tables who resides in that state, and sell them off his table.

Way to many if's and loop holes in any kind of the enforcenment of said legislation.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #62
Daequix
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Nope, hasn't affected my purchasing at all.
if anything has effected my purchasing its the economy for me....I'd love to be able to take advantage of the prices right now....

Old 04-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #63
sallen87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
Even IF this law is introduced, common sense is that most states are in such financial hardship at this time, that hiring enforcement officers, spending money on proper training and such things are not gonna take top priority in state budgets at this time...

...Way to many if's and loop holes in any kind of the enforcenment of said legislation.
This is why I am not concerned about the legislation. In my case, FLFWS doesn't have the staffing of officers or the financial budget. I have spoken with a few officers, that understand the real long term risk of these species and love them. To expound the situation, they don't agree with the legislation nor do they believe that they can effectively enforce it.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #64
SapphireGemReptiles
I am not at all afraid to purchase snakes due to the legislation I'm just mad that of all things they are trying to group the people who take great care of their animals with the people who are crap and do not take care of them and do not have adequate caging or security to go with the animal. I'm also thinking how this is going to kill the economy even further as the pet/animal business is important, millions of animals are bought and sold and granted reptiles are only a percentage of said animal sales but i believe an important part. just my 2 cents

Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #65
oldworldlife
You"ll do it anyway?

Quote:
It is worth it.

I will not curl up in fear or roll over because they want to pass another unenforceable law that is driven solely by political agendas and fueled by government issued propaganda paid for with my hard earned tax dollars.

There is no real reason for me to stop breeding. My animals are not endangering the safety of the nation or the people in it.

This is not how our founding fathers intended the government to be ran. They stated this & gave us the power to fight back.

To simply roll over in fear is to spit on their collective graves.

Really thats how you feel great then you wouldn't mind helping my out and mailing me some cocaine how about a 8 ball that be great you can send it to 920 jay street Manitowoc WI 54220 or you could just drive a cross state lines it's really close thanks that will be a big help

Quote:
Even IF this law is introduced, common sense is that most states are in such financial hardship at this time, that hiring enforcement officers, spending money on proper training and such things are not gonna take top priority in state budgets at this time.

Thats what the hippies thought, the DEA brings in billions.

" How could they stop us from growing a plant its all natural "

Old 04-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #66
oldworldlife
Its like reefer maddness all other again just watch animal planet or discovery channel any time day or night.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #67
bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworldlife View Post
Really thats how you feel great then you wouldn't mind helping my out and mailing me some cocaine how about a 8 ball that be great you can send it to 920 jay street Manitowoc WI 54220 or you could just drive a cross state lines it's really close thanks that will be a big help

Thats what the hippies thought, the DEA brings in billions.

" How could they stop us from growing a plant its all natural "

That has to be one of the most asinine comparisons I have heard. I absolutely LOVE when people bring ridiculous arguments like this around.. HERE WE GO! First off, this goes without saying for most people, but just in case you missed it, comparing cocaine to reptiles is absurd. lets list a few problems with cocaine.

1. Coke heads rob, murder, and commit all sorts of crimes for cocaine, it is highly addictive.
2. Drug dealers murder other drug dealers for cocaine.
3. People over dose on Cocaine.
4. Communities are taken over by drug dealers, gangs, and coke houses, people are getting in drug wars over it, shooting innocent people in drive by shootings. The community and people are suffering because of it. Same with Marijuana, obviously you wont be overdosing but most of the above mentioned comes along with that too.

And as far as animal control goes, they are called in by people who see or know of animal abuse.. How many neighbors are going to call in saying the neighbors snake is barking and looks really thirsty or is tied up in the back yeard, you said it yourself Watch animal planet! Please do explain how exactly any gov. enforcement agency is going to even attempt to regulate this bill ESPECIALLY when it allows you to breed and keep reptiles as long as you dont cross the state lines.. We are talking about the gov. hiring people to stand along all state borders through out the U.S searching cars for snakes? is that what you expect to happen? Or maybe a totally new agency like the DEA specifically created to setting up sting operations catching people crossing state borders.. That would be a MASSIVE expense to the gov. that by the way NO ONE cares about! No communities are saying SCREW UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS, HEALTH CARE, OR FIGHTING CRIME WE NEED SOME SNAKE REGULATION! If you know of such a community please I would love to hear about it.

Sorry for the hostility of this post but ignorant absurd scare tactic statements like that with not even a single factual piece of information or valid point other than "thats what the hippies said" does nothing but hurt the reptile community. If you wish to address anything stated above, please bring exact facts and real correlations between cocaine and snakes, the support of drug enforcement and the support of the proposed reptile bill, and the governments budget for drug crimes and what you would imagine the budget will be for stopping snakes from making it between states.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #68
bear
It is people with ideals of freedom and fighting oppressive government that made America great, this is what Americas founding fathers stood for and I will continue to stand for. Complacency and fear is what will lead to the fall of America. Laws are supposed to protect or aid Americans not oppress them.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #69
oldworldlife
Is this what they taught you in those DARE classes

Quote:
lets list a few problems with cocaine.

1. Coke heads rob, murder, and commit all sorts of crimes for cocaine, it is highly addictive.
2. Drug dealers murder other drug dealers for cocaine.
3. People over dose on Cocaine.
4. Communities are taken over by drug dealers, gangs, and coke houses, people are getting in drug wars over it, shooting innocent people in drive by shootings. The community and people are suffering because of it. Same with Marijuana, obviously you wont be overdosing but most of the above mentioned comes along with that too.
Everything about this is the same the governments scare tactics on TV , the way there going around the system to implement there new laws . history always repeats it's not reefer madness it's constrictor madness

look out those flower power gangs, hippies might shoot you for your tie-die or there is all those drive by hacky sack games
I think the new one is they throw Frisbee's at you there called the chain gang

Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #70
oldworldlife
Quote:
No communities are saying SCREW UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS, HEALTH CARE, OR FIGHTING CRIME WE NEED SOME SNAKE REGULATION! If you know of such a community please I would love to hear about it.
My home town just laid off four social workers out of 7 and last year there was no salt "in wisconsin" in the budget but in march we got our 3rd drug metro officer I don't know about you but now I feel safer driving home at night in a snow storm
this is a city of 37,000

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!