Florida Passes Ban On large Snakes - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #41
demonmyst
Is there any updates on their findings for this year? My girlfriend and I caught one ourselves in the everglades...but as far as we know we're the only ones to even see one....

Hoping for some answers! Thanks! -bump-

Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #42
mechnut450
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonmyst View Post
Is there any updates on their findings for this year? My girlfriend and I caught one ourselves in the everglades...but as far as we know we're the only ones to even see one....

Hoping for some answers! Thanks! -bump-
shoot I wish I could go into the swamp and find snakes lol
I find more black rats, and water ssnakes in yards than I do went i go herping for fun.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
rcpreis3
U cant remove the snakes from the swamp with out a collections permit. Also to collect ROCs in Florida u must have a Conditional species permit. Ive been talking to the lady about collecting redeared sliders and rehoming out of state and she said I would need to do quite a bit of paper work and setting up enclosures to specs. I'll look for her number when I have more time.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #44
annmikeal
Its sort of ridiculous all the paper work you have to go through, to get rid of the problem...

Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #45
BobOblak
"Its sort of ridiculous all the paper work you have to go through, to get rid of the problem..."

Thats because its not a problem. It's a taxpayer-funded jobs program.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post
"Its sort of ridiculous all the paper work you have to go through, to get rid of the problem..."

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner folks.
That is exactly what this is all about.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #47
jscianni21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post

and to think the gov. was supposed to be cutting back spending ....

a friend of mine breeds burms and retics and has had fwc come to his house 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks threatening him with crazy fines . he even has his roc permit and some other papers . but this last time they threatened to take the snakes away is that even legal ?

btw all his snakes have the microchip needed for him to have them also

Old 03-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #48
Hybridbird
ROC only allows you to keep your current collection, if you want to breed you must havr a conditional species permit as well as a class 3 permit. Also, if his faculty is not maintained to standards or his caging isn't up to spec they csn confiscate as well.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #49
jscianni21
thats the thing he has probly one of the cleanest reptiole rooms everydays he spends like 4-5 hrs cleaning and making sure everything is right and proper
and he also spends time with animals he has by far one of the most tame retics i have ever seen . and from what i have seen and he has told me has all his permits he needs its just this guy is a straight dick who comes from fwc his name is jeff and at one point he called my friend a jackass for wanting to keep snakes like that and said if he had his way would just kill them all in my honest opinion i think that is really wrong to say

we called up the office in our area and they said if we have no proof there is nothing they can do

Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #50
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridbird View Post
ROC only allows you to keep your current collection, if you want to breed you must havr a conditional species permit as well as a class 3 permit. Also, if his faculty is not maintained to standards or his caging isn't up to spec they csn confiscate as well.
The class three permit is strictly for selling reptiles in Florida and has nuthin to do with breeding. Only breeders that have an incorporated business before the July deadline to get an ROC permit (July of 08 or 09, I cant remember) and approved by Jenny Tinnley, can breed and sell ROCs to an out of state buyer. If ur just a hobbyist without an incorporated business and a ROC, u cant breed ur ROCs. So actually the FWC officer is right and can take his ROCS if he see them reproducing, or sees offspring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!