typherp@aol.com...aka "Park" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Valley Dragons
typherp@aol.com...aka "Park"

I'm not sure what this person's real name is...I got the PayPal payment from Lasco, Inc. Does anyone know who this is...or have you done business with him? I sent him a wholesale group of dragons on August 8th. He sent the payment for the dragons, and asked me to ship under his FedEx number. First of all, I had problem finding a place around here (rural Arkansas) that I coul even take a FedEx package. So I emailed him and asked if UPS was okay. He said that was fine and to let him know how much shipping was and he would reimburse me. After more looking, I DID find a FedEx drop off place not to far from me. So I told him I would ship FedEx afterall. Then, stupid FedEx would not accept a live animal package from me. So I ended up shipping UPS afterall. Ugh, lol. I emailed "Park" and told him the situation, and how much he owed me. Did not hear back from him. Emailed him again a couple of days ago. He emailed back and asked how much he owes me. Still have not heard back. It's only $38...but it's the principle of it I guess. I don't like to be blown off by someone, and the dragons he got were quite a bargain to begin with. I guess I learned my lesson...everything needs to be done upfront because you just can't trust people. Anyway...I'm annoyed and wanted to caution anyone planning to do business with this person.

Jamie Hough

Old 08-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
HerpOly
Ty Park is one of the largest buyers of reptiles for resale. I would be very surprised if this does not get worked out.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
Valley Dragons
That's good to know.

Jamie

Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
jodu
How did this turn out?

Thanks,
Joanna Duby

Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Valley Dragons
He never made it right. I guess since I'm a small-time breeder, I'm just not that important.

Jamie Hough

Old 10-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
TrulyRare
Well personally doesn't matter if your George Jones, you should have gotten your money back. And for him not to reimburse you is wrong. Plain and simple. If he is "well known" then he should be able to make this right.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
KathyLove
Ty is a member of our local herp society, and was at our business meeting last night. I delivered some corns to him last night (from another friend) and he paid on the spot.

His business is very large volume, and it is possible that emails can get lost. Small amounts due can also sometimes get lost, especially if the deal is "already done". I am NOT saying that is the correct way to do things, but it happens sometimes. It sounds like there was a fair amount of confusion about shipping methods and prices on your part, so the issue was not as cut and dried as it is with most shipments - just leaves more room for error. When an email doesn't get answered, try calling. Maybe you can still get it resolved.

I believe he is running some ads for animals wanted on KS right now. Check to see if you have current contact info, and email and/or call again. If you are polite and remind him, hopefully you can work it out.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
jodu
Thanks for the replies.

Joanna

Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
shed'n my skin
I saw his ad on KS and contacted him about a wholesale lot of cornsnakes I had, he sent payment within minutes after agreeing to purchase my corns. And also his fed ex number to ship them with. I would say it was one of the smoother transactions I have done.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #10
ajc
I don't know Ty very well (had dinner with him and four mutual friends once), so I can't give you any character references...but I do know enough about him to guarantee you that he didn't stiff you intentionally...he doesn't need to.

Just send him another email or give him a call. You'll definitely get the $38.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!