Inquiry Reptile Pets Direct - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
UB1970
Reptile Pets Direct

Just curious if anyone has had any dealings with them. I have never heard of them before today.

Thanks
Mike

Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
chrisga
Interested in knowing myself. Searched showed this as the only matching thread too

Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
UB1970
I bought a few lizards from them and will be picking them up this weekend at the local show. I will be sure to post how things went.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
greybanded
Sounds pretty shady to me. Something doesn't quite add up. They woudn't answer my email asking them further questions as to where in Texas they are located or how many Mexican giant horned lizards they had for sale. They answered my first email saying those lizards were captive born in Germany. Almost like a sham company set up for other purposes possibly.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
texas reptile exchange
They are legit. They have been a wholesale/import company for many years. They will be vending at the lonestar reptile expo this weekend

Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
greybanded
Why so secretive? What wholesale import company were they associated with for many years and why will they not say which company it was? It just doesn't add up. Sorry.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
chrisga
Well they were supposed to get back to me with a simple followup so we could finalize a sale but have stopped responding after their last email to me which said they will get back to me. Maybe they are busy prepping for the show this weekend and not even checking it, maybe.

But as it stands right now, I completed the transaction with another supplier. Experience has taught me that when kept in limbo, just move on...

Old 07-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
UB1970
I picked up my lizards this weekend. Everything went smoothly and was what I was expecting. Thanks. I can address why others have had problems with email returns but I did not. I will be starting another good guy thread about my experience.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Eric89
Thumbs up They are great so far

Ok so I just ordered 2 red eyed croc skinks from them the guy Derek was more helpful at answering my question then anyone else I have ever ordered through. My animals should be here tomorrow so I will repost and let you guys know so far they get a 15 out of ten lol because the exceed all expectations of customer service so far. I'll let you know how my pair come in tomorrow

Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
I cannot say I am a fan. I recently received an elongated baby that looks great dorsally, but had extensive fungal infection (shell rot) on much of the plastron and beneath some of the rear marginal and caudal scutes. I treated it with betadine to start, followed by ongoing application of clotrimazole. It looks like it is improving quickly (in a relative sense), but this animal is a 2012 hatchling and young. In order for the fungal infection to be this bad this soon, it had to be on some nasty substrate or its own moist waste for an extended period of sustained contact.

Additionally, although I ordered with the company named in this thread, and the service person I had email exchanges with was both prompt and pleasant, the tracking information had this, which is worrisome and disappointing to me-

This tracking update has been requested by:
Name: BackWater Reptiles
E-mail: sales@reptilepetsdirect.com

While I would not send it back or cause a dispute at this point (I feel the animal is better off with me working towards its improved welfare), I am unlikely to purchase from the company again. Could this have been overlooked by a matter of accident? Potentially, yes, but only if no one ever so much as took a single passing glance at the plastron. I had ordered this for a female colleague, as she was interested in keeping one, but could not let her have it with it arriving in such a state.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!