Powerhouse Reptiles Truths - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #61
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
After all the BS fades away, it is simply about a decision not to buy from someone that has done the things Joe has done. If you choose to buy from Joe, you are allowing him to stay in business, and perpetuating the problem. ANYONE associated with Joe in any way, including his customers, will never see a sale or trade from me.
You bet David, and you are not alone, there are many that feel the same, regardless of how cheap he drops them down. In the end all one needs to do is look at who they are supporting. I will take ten Ralphs, Bobs, or Gregs over the likes of this over inflated turd.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #62
RJK890
Without You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reed:
Rob, my man, you have missed the boat on what Joe is like, and anyone supporting Joe, never gets my business. Joe single handedly caused me to (I) put my wallet away a couple of years ago, with his Mojave crash, and I have not spent a dime since, on any Ball!
and then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reed:
After all the BS fades away, it is simply about a decision not to buy from someone that has done the things Joe has done. If you choose to buy from Joe, you are allowing him to stay in business, and perpetuating the problem. ANYONE associated with Joe in any way, including his customers, will never see a sale or trade from me.
Somehow, I think things will be alright for us without your business.

I am not concerned with future sales and could care less if half of the reptile community puts me on the "black list" for purchasing animals from any particular breeder.

There is not one legitimate complaint posted about Joe's animals. Just one misinformed third party negative feedback post left by a troll and competetor, which was cleared up by his own daughter, the actual customer. These threads are full of a bunch of, I don't like his prices, personality, and attitude, so anybody that deals with him will never see my business. If that's how you feel, then it's been nice not knowing you.

Junkyard,
Sorry man. I guess I am the one with the reading comprehension problem. When I saw my post quoted with marcus101's quote, and a call for an IP check, I thought you were suggesting that I were him. I apologize for the tone of my reply.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #63
David Reid
It was never about Joe's animals, it was about Joe himself, and how he treated PAST customers, and the Hobby in general. Those of us who are in reptile breeding for life, treat it that way, those who want to make a quick buck and then go do something else for awhile, treat it the way Joe does.

Rick, I would rather sell 25 Balls a year, that I produced, and produced without a scumbag partner, than be in your shoes. Think about it, why do/did you have to lock all your ads, and why do you say not to PM you? I will answer my own question, because you do not want 20 negative posts about you and your associates right under one of your ads. Those that cannot do, teac...never mind, those that cannot do it themselves, take up knobs as partners.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #64
David Reid
And it is David REID, Rob. If you are going to quote me, at least quote ME.

Dave

Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #65
RJK890
Spelling Bee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid:
Rob, my man, you have missed the boat on what Joe is like, and anyone supporting Joe, never gets my business. Joe single handedly caused me to (I) put my wallet away a couple of years ago, with his Mojave crash, and I have not spent a dime since, on any Ball!
and then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid:
Somehow, I think things will be alright for us without your business.

Sorry David Reid,
Spellcheck didn't pick that up for me.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #66
Chameleon Company
Quote:
Those that cannot do, teac...never mind, those that cannot do it themselves, take up knobs as partners.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they posted their opinions here over ... and over ... and over ... and Zzzzzzzzz

Old 07-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #67
David Reid
Rob, that is cool...but this time you forgot the highlights. Pull it together man!

Dave

Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #68
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Not true....there ARE spiders that do not wobble. While it seems to be unfortunately prevalent, there ARE spider who do not wobble, and people that are working with breeding only those to see if there may be a chance of at least lessening the occurance of the problem.

Agreed. Im glad this was commented on. Mine does not. And i am one of those who plans to work with them to see what can be done.

The fact that people pass it off as " not a big deal" Is just another problem.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #69
BallBoutique
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
It was never about Joe's animals, it was about Joe himself, and how he treated PAST customers, and the Hobby in general. Those of us who are in reptile breeding for life, treat it that way, those who want to make a quick buck and then go do something else for awhile, treat it the way Joe does.

Rick, I would rather sell 25 Balls a year, that I produced, and produced without a scumbag partner, than be in your shoes. Think about it, why do/did you have to lock all your ads, and why do you say not to PM you? I will answer my own question, because you do not want 20 negative posts about you and your associates right under one of your ads. Those that cannot do, teac...never mind, those that cannot do it themselves, take up knobs as partners.
I am sorry if you are mad cause you can not or others post to my ads. I had trouble with the PM's so I could get back to them. My email was blocked by comcast to notify me that I had a PM. I want to have contact with my customers. I want folks to see the ad and if interested they will contact me. I don't think you can attack on ads so I think you are wrong in your statements. So folks who really want one of my animals contact me and business is conducted in a professional matter. So they will be locked.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #70
RJK890
Not to turn this into a "Wobble" debate, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72:
Not true....there ARE spiders that do not wobble. While it seems to be unfortunately prevalent, there ARE spider who do not wobble, and people that are working with breeding only those to see if there may be a chance of at least lessening the occurance of the problem.
Some may not display the wobble, but their offspring may. Kevin has said that the original Spider was a wobbler, so I think all Spiders, and Spider combo's have the potential to wobble. I also think it is great that some breeders are working with Spiders that do not display the wobble to see if there may be a chance of at least lessening the occurance of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle:
Agreed. Im glad this was commented on. Mine does not. And i am one of those who plans to work with them to see what can be done.

The fact that people pass it off as " not a big deal" Is just another problem.
I don't think it is so much that people pass it off as " not a big deal" as it is just a well known, and accepted fact that Spiders, and Spider combo's have the potential to wobble. Would you have every breeder just cull any Spider morphs that wobble, and do you plan on doing so? If so, then Kevin should have killed the original one and we would not have any of the various Bee's, Albino Spiders, Spinners, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself:
It is well known that most Spider, and Spider combo's have the wobble to some degree. Some have it as hatchlings and loose it later, some do not have it as hatchlings and develop it later, and some may never display it but their offspring may?
In this case it was a slight wobble that progressively got worse over seven months or longer. How long should a breeder be obligated to replace a Spider Morph after a sale, should it develop a more severe wobble? I think Power House has set the bar a lot higher than most breeders would be willing to jump.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!