Ohio S310 call in - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
EricWI
Ohio S310 call in

Tuesday April 17th at 10:45 will be the 3rd Hearing of SB310 before the Agriculture, Environment & Natural Resources Committee. Please come to this Hearing if you can! We need to show the same kind of strength we did last month. This hearing will include proponents and opponents. That means HSUS and other radical members of the Animal Rights Industry will be in attendance. Don't let them show up the Reptile Nation!!! Call in sick... Just be there!

Andrew Wyatt and USARK staff will be in attendance. USARK strongly opposes SB310! We will be handing out NO SB310 pins to anyone who wants to oppose the bill. If you think you will get some kind of special deal from law makers for not opposing the SB310 you are making a mistake and potentially weaken the opposition. Don't be fooled. USARK urges everyone to oppose SB310!

We need a MASSIVE Phone Call Campaign for Monday and Tuesday (during business hours 8am-5pm EST). Start calling the Committee Offices at 8am Monday morning. Be polite!

Call In Campaign:

Senator Cliff Hite (Chairman)- Phone: (614) 466-8150
Senator Tim Schaffer (Vice Chair)- Phone: (614) 466-5838
Senator Lou Gentile- Phone: (614) 466-6508
Senator Troy Balderson (Sponsor)- Phone: (614) 466-8076
Senator Dave Burke- Phone: (614) 466-8049
Senator Capri Cafaro- Phone: (614) 466-7182
Senator Gayle Manning- Phone: (614) 644-7613
Senator Bob Peterson- Phone: (614) 466-8156
Senator Joe Schiavoni- Phone: (614) 466-8285

Sample script: (Make it your own and tell your story. Keep it brief and polite)

My name is_________. I am an Ohio resident and I would like to respectfully register my opposition to SB 310. I have grave concerns for the negative and unnecessary impact of SB 310. No one at the Governors Office, Bill Sponsor's, ODA nor ODNR has been able to argue reason or fact to suggest that ANY reptiles present ANY public safety risk. It is simply impossible to make a logical argument that reptiles pose a public safety risk in our state. Reptiles were not involved in the situation in Zanesville.

SB 310 is over reaching and prohibitive, and will have a negative impact on me and my family. The trade in high quality captive reptiles in the state of Ohio is approximately $30 million per year. There are tens of thousands of people and hundreds of thousands of animals involved. More than 90% of the impact of SB 310 is to the reptile industry; and again, reptiles were not involved with Zanesville and pose virtually zero public safety risk.

Please remove ALL reptiles from SB 310. NO on SB 310.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
ROBERT SIDERS
UNFORTUNATLY, LET ME SET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT, THE DECK IS SO STACKED AGAINST US THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO CLARIFY .ANDREW AND TERRY DO NOT HATE EACH OTHER THEY SHAKE HANDS AND TALK EVERY TIME THEY GET TOGETHER I KNOW FOR A FACT IVE SEEN IT IN OHIO AND S.C. FOR THE RECORD THE AMERICAN VENOM REGISTRY, MY GROUP WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT TESTIFIED ON BEHALF OF HOTS. NO ONE ELSE ,AT ALL.I KNOW ,BECAUSE I WAS THERE EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY MEETING . OHIO HAS AGREED TO BUILD AN ANTI VENOM BANK WHETHER THE LAW STANDS OR NOT ASK ANDREW OR TERRY AS THEY WERE THERE,THIS WAS SOLELY BECAUSE OF AVR. FOR THE RECORD I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT ANDREW AND TERRY ARE BOTH PRO VENOMOUS I KNOW HAVING TALKED TO BOTH PERSONALLY AND ON THE PHONE AS WELL.CALL SEN HITE AND ASK HIM IF THERE WERE ANY HOT LOBBY OTHER THAN MYSELF , AGAIN TERRY AND ANDREW WERE THERE AND WONT LIE ABOUT MY EFFORTS .WITH THAT CLARIFIED , LETS TALK , PLEASE HEAR ME OUT .THE DECK IS SO STACKED AGAINST OUR INDUSTRY THAT YOU MUST WITNESS YOURSELF BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH , AGAINST ANY OF US REALIZE HSUS HAS PAID OFF THESE GUYS, THE SENATORS, LONG BEFORE WE CAN GET TO THEM . MY GROUP , AND TERRY AND ANDREW, ALL CALLED BARNES AND NOBLE TO CANCEL ,PACELLE BOOK SIGNING DEAL. I KNOW MY GROUP CALLED 72 TIMES TO PRESSURE THEM TO CANCEL AND I BELIEVE TERY AND ANDREWS PEOPLE DID THE SAME.WE ARE ALL FIGHTING THE SAME DEVIL AND UNTILYOU REALIZE THAT ,YOU ARE THE PROBLEM NOT THE ANSWER.READ TERRYS TESTIMONY IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW ,READ IT ON HERP LOBBY HE HAS TAKEN COLS OHIO TO COURT AND WON ,DITTO PICKERINGTON OH AND THE STATE. LOOK ON HIS WEBSITE . AND ANDREW ,WAS ALL THE WAY OUT IN LA THEN FLEW BACK AT THE LAST MOMENTTO COLUMBUS AGAIN AT THE LAST SECOND TO BE HERE I IKNOW, HE AND I TALKED STRATEGY THAT NIGHT ON THE PHONE AND BEFORE HE LEFT THE DAY BEFORE . SO TO ANYONE TALKING SHIT ABOUT THESE GUYS SHUT UP .I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY AND MYSELF ARE BUSTINNG ASS TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT WHILE VARIOUS PEOPLE DRONE ON AND ON ABOUT ANYONE ONE OF US . AVS IS A PRIVATE GROUP THAT PROVIDES ANTI VENIN AND GROUP INSURANCE TO HOT OWNERS, BECAUSE OF WHATS HAPPENING NATIONWIDE WE ARE BUILDING A WEB PAGE AND WILL STATR HELPING ANYONE WITH HOTS. PLEASE UNDERSTAND HERP LOBBY, AVR ,AND USARK ARE ALL FIGHTING THE SAME ENEMY . I WASAT VA , PA AND SC AND OHIO EACH TIME. WERE YOU,,,,,, THESE GUYS ARE FIGHTING THEIR ASSES OFF FOR YOUR RIGHTS , SO PLEASE COME TOGETHER, OR WE WILL PERISH TOGETHER , WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE, FOR THE SAKE OF INDUSTRY, LOSE THE ANIMOSITY , ANDREW AND TERRY GET ALONG ,THEY TALK STRAGETY TOGETHER I IKNOW, AS I TALK IT WITH THEM EVERY TIME WE GET TOGETHER AND BACK OFF OF ANDREWS RADIO SHOW DOWN WITH PACELLE , WAYNE DONATES TO THAT STATION SO ANDREW WAS BUSHWACKED AND UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS ,.DID VERY WELL ,REPTILE NATION COME TOGETHER OR THE FIGHT WILL END BEFORE IT STARTS ASK DON WHO RUNS CLEVELAND AND COLUMBUS HERP SHOWS , OR JONN WHO RUNS CINCINNATI SHOW, EVERY WORD HERE IS TRUE , SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT YOU,,,, THANYK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION ROBERT SIDERS ,,,,, AVR

Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
HerpVenue
Robert, you say good things. Peace is definitely what we need. We definitely need to work together. UNFORTUNATELY, any peace you speak of is thwarted by Rodney Boalich with every single chance he gets. https://www.facebook.com/BreedersAga...ax_wizard=true

then this on kingsnake
http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1977770,1977770

Quote:
Posted by: rodneynboalich at Thu Apr 26 11:47:51 2012 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rodneynboalich ] [ Follow this user in Connect ]
Share on kingsnake.com Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on tumblr

with the ohio bill s310 passing yesterday i figured it was time for another rant. i dont blame usark for the bill passing but after the whole zainville terry tompson issue, usark, pijac and max from max pets met with a lot of politicians in ohio pushing usarks bmp's. if you dont know what they are heres a link http://www.usark.org/uploads/USARK Model Reptiles.pdf this did not help the situation. and now the only way we can probably defeat this bill is in a court room. so usark is out. they are not willing to walk into a court room or engage in litigation. usark is a trade organization. a trade organization purpose is to push the agenda of an industry and thats all. but what is the industries agenda and is usark representing the industry fairly as a whole or are they only representing the special intrust of a few. gary bagnell (zoo med) is the largest contributing member of usark. his donations represent 1/3 of usarks total annual revenue. and because of his sizable donation gary bagnell sits as the head chair of usarks board and gary also has another person from zoo meds on the board. gary bagnell sells pet store stuff. if your a serious hobbyist chances are you dont own any of the produces gary bagnell sells. also gary bagnell reportedly said he feels the large constrictors are a pariah in the industry. you need to ask yourself what are the implications of the head chair of the board of the organization thats supposed to be fighting for all are rights, equally, when he feels large constrictors are something we as an industry should shun and avoid. two more question that must be ask is why as an industry did we put so much faith in andrew wyatt and usark when no one had ever heard of the guy prior to usark, and two why do we still put so much faith in andrew and usark when we have seen the out come of his methods. to answer the first question. it was marketing. usark was marketed very well as the savoir of the industry. we were told it was going to do what ever was necessary to fight for our rights. even file a class action lawsuit if need be. here are two links where wyatt talks about law suits. in one he ask for money for the lawsuit. this was in 2011. he said he thought it was going to be necessary to file a lawsuit for the python ban. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w9_C...&feature=share http://reptilelivingroom.com/2011/01...what-is-usark/ so the question everyone should be asking is. where did the money go. wyatt said they were putting together a lawsuit and asked for donations for it. people then donated and when it was time to file the lawsuit the money had already been spent. why didnt the reptile industry hold wyatt accountable for this. the second question. why do we still have some much faith in wyatt and usark. i think basically because one on knows what else to do. with people having so much invested in usark wyatt they dont want to admit its not working. plus usark gives people hope, but it gives people the wrong kind of hope. usark has lead people to believe that all they need to do is give money to usark and usark will solve all their problems for them. this is a lie. usark cant be everywhere at once. and with all their money already spent they cant afford to walk into a court room. a lot more people are becoming skeptical of wyatt and usark. and questioning how much wyatt is making. i believe the figure is $60,000 or $80,000 a year. and wyatt defends this by comparing it to what wyane pacelle makes. which is $250,000 a year. heres the big difference. wyane pacelles organization bring in on average $100,000,000 a year. when you break down the numbers wyane gets paid 1/4 of 1% of his organizations annual income. usark bring in on average $300,000. so wyatt making 60 or 80 g's a year come around 30% of usrks total annual income. in terms of percentages to each organizations annual revenue wyatt makes a lot more then pacelle. plus husu at least has the decency to pretend to be a non profit and file as a 501c3. usarks filing as a for profit. i believe as a LLC. so now lets look at the implication of usark filing as a LLC or as any for profit organization. but first ask yourself. what makes usrk necessary. obviously anti reptile and amphibian legislation. and what would be the result if all anti reptile and amphibian legislation went away. there would be no need for usark. that is undeniable. ok now ask yourself. what is the basic rule for any business that wants to remain in business. its to make money. now as i stated before whats is the business of usark. its fighting anti reptile and amphibian legislation. so if wyatt wants to continue to make his 60 or 80 g's or whatever each and every year he needs anti reptile and amphibian legislation to fight. that can not be denied. so if you need anti reptile and amphibian legislation to stay in business, but at the same time its your job to fight and stop it, how do you do that without putting yourself out of work. easy. you let bill pass committees and them lobby senators and governors to hold the bill until the end of the session so they die. but then the bill is just reintroduced at the beginning of the next session. so it becomes a never ending fight.

let move on for a bit and look at the python ban. and how it happened. usark got that ban put on hold for two or three years with their lobbying methods. not only to it prevent it from taking affect but with it being reintroduced over and over. it was a great way to raise money. and what happened they eventually. they by passe the judicial process and did a rule change, so the only way to stop it would be with a lawsuit, but he people doing the rule change knew usark and pijac wouldnt file a lawsuit.

now for all you pro compromise people. the python ban is a perfect example of wyatts pro compromise methods. and if you think 4 out of 5 wasnt a direct result of wyatts methods you are only lying to yourselves. usark came out the day the ban was announced and claimed a victory. wyatt even sent bob clark a text saying we won, that day. that should give you a clue as to how out of touch wyatt is with the industry he claims to represent. to send a text saying we won to the person that built his career mostly around burms, the day they got ban is idiotic.

it was only after the uproar from the industry that usark back peddled and acted like they had nothing to do with it.

now take a look at where we are at today since the python ban was announced. you might remember nerds video and what Kevin said the states are going to start doing. if you forgot or didnt watch the video heres a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwdTo...layer_embedded

he was right. so far PA has had 3 anti reptile and amphibians bill proposed this year. plus i just found out that there will be a bill next year here in PA to ban large constrictors.

CT passed a bill that was 13 pages of animals that you can no longer own as private individuals. WITH NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE. many reptiles and amphibians are listed. this law was passed as a rule change. much like the python ban. and can only be overturn in court. so that means usark will be doing nothing about it.

ohio just passed the most extensive anti animal bill ever written yesterday.

WV almost did the same.

IL almost passed a bill that was written by a herpetologist named scott ballard that works for Il DRN, but for some reason wyatt and usark told everyone to be against it and it worked. so thanks to wyatt and his followers you still cant own any snakes over 15ft, no venomous or rear fanged in Il. including hognoses. that would have all changed and allow for the private ownership of any size large constrictors and a permit system for some venomous and hognoses and so on would be legally kept with no permit.

SC had some very anti animal legislation. funny enough it couldnt go anywhere because of the usark like bmp's that it just happened to have in it. i talked to the DRN guy down there about and he said. you cant have a bill to ban all exotics except reptiles and amphibians.

and many more issues in other states. and this is what we have to show for all of wyatts hard work.

the proof of efficacy or lack there of for any system put in place is the end result of that system in action. we have seen usark and the methods it employs in action and the results are in. they are failing miserably. we are loosing are right both on the state and federal level. so why is everyone still supporting them and giving them money. we know where the money is going. almost 1/3 is going into wyatts pockets. 1/2 is going to lobbying thats getting us nowhere and the rest is being spent on hotels, airlines, and going to shows.

the way forward is lawsuits. here in PA we are putting together a small organization to deal with legislation on the state level. there will be 20 or30 of us all donating $50 to $100 to have an attorney on retainer. we have a lot of other plans, from working with the community by donating are time and efforts to help the spca's and local governments with any reptile and amphibian related issues that might come up, to having people to go out and doing educational events. we believe this is the way forward. and i would recommend you all do the same in your states. do not sit back and wait for someone else to solve your problems for you.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Gloryhound
Rodney is an HSUS shill. I would not doubt it if he is actually getting a paycheck from HSUS for his attempts at causing discord in the reptile community.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!