Needing Reassurance on Breeding Size - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
HerpAddict
Question Needing Reassurance on Breeding Size

Hi,

I have read everything I can get my hands on about breeding these guys, and yet, I still would like to check to see if these two are safe to breed. Sigh...the life of a worrier!

The female I am considering ready to breed is 19 monthes old and weighs 68g.

My one and only male is 13 monthes old and weighs 66g.

Here are some pics (sorry the female is blurry, I didn't realise until I put her back in her tank).

Female:

Male:

I am only aiming to breed these guys for the experience, so I'm not really into the morphs, as they are both reasonably plain compared to what's out there on the market.

My plan is to introduce her to his enclosure for one to two nights, and then separate them. From what I've read, I believe this is the least stress method for her, and will hopefully prevent him from becoming totally preoccupied with her for long periods of time. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks for any replies!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
They are ready to breed, great weights and ages on both.

Only thing I would do different is put him in with her. I always add the males to the females then pull the male later if needed.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
I agree with Wendy!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
USAGECKOS
Diito! By putting the Male in the Females tank it will not stress the female out

Old 01-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
HerpAddict
Perfect!

Thanks for the responses. I thought that they would be fine, but they are worth me asking! I never want anything to happen to my guys (& gals).

Cheers,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!