Why do people....... More..... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2005, 07:58 PM   #41
Tripple H Herps
I really don't think we know enough to say reptiles do not feel emotions. Now Gregg, whether or not you think this sounds stupid I am going to say it. Our scientists do not know very much about the brain. They obviously do know however that certain parts of the brain USUALLY control emotions. Now what if, reptiles a much more primitive sect of the animal kingdom had a more primitive one. Something that could have small connections and process certain feelings and controls as well as emotions in just one location? Maybe they are missing the part that controls emotions, simply because there brain is to simple & the emotions they feel are to simple to even need a specialized part. Rather it is enabled in the part that contains instinct/actions?? Keep in mind, only birds surpass reptiles as to being closer to the Dinosaurs on the evolutionary chain.......

Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #42
Vince
I read that reptiles are not related to dinos at all. seeing that reptiles and amph were on earth at the same time I belive that to be true.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #43
hhmoore
I don't understand your logic on that one

Old 02-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #44
Vince
who? me? its a common misconception that dinos where reptiles. they still dont know if they where warm or cold blooded. dinos are in a class by themselves not part of reptilian fam.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #45
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
I read that reptiles are not related to dinos at all. seeing that reptiles and amph were on earth at the same time I belive that to be true.
-I remember hearing it on one of those TV shows...lol I will do more research to either prove or disprove my theory. I DO know that dinos were in fact giant reptiles, so wouldn't that relate them pretty well?

Quote:
I don't understand your logic on that one
-Don't worry about it. I cant type it ALL out on the computer it would get to confusing for me. The logic behind it was, that if an animal with a less developed brain. Less modified and less advanced. That it is a possibility that its emotions could be controlled in the same location as things that are similar to "emotions" but not yet as deep. So the "emotions" a reptile is feeling are in fact very primitive thought patterns - (for sad, happy,..etc). Something that works directly with its instincts and reactions towards a stimuli.......

Old 02-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #46
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
who? me? its a common misconception that dinos where reptiles. they still dont know if they where warm or cold blooded. dinos are in a class by themselves not part of reptilian fam.
-Everything I have read said they were in the reptillian familly....

Old 02-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #47
Vince
wow you know for a fact that they where reptiles? you sir need the nobell prize for science.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #48
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
wow you know for a fact that they where reptiles? you sir need the nobell prize for science.
-Yeah I travelled back in time! If I don't get that price soon I am going to overheat!...lol Thats not how I meant it to come out.....

Old 02-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #49
hhmoore
didn't understand this logic: "seeing that reptiles and amph were on earth at the same time I belive that to be true"...sorry about the confusion

Old 02-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #50
Vince
maybe in the 1980s, they are now re tooling everything they thought they knew, in fact on discovery mag they said some dinos aren't even built with bones from the same species. and that many of the skeletons they have are just few pieces of bones and scientists take there best shot at putting the rest together with plastic moldings. the t rex is a good example of a dino that looks alot differnt from what they first thought.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!