Why do people....... More..... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #51
Tripple H Herps
prize not price

Old 02-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #52
Vince
many lizards , crocs, turtles, tortoises and sea turtles where around at the same time as dinos. Dinos where in class by them selves. they have hollow bones like birds, not like reptiles.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:17 PM   #53
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
maybe in the 1980s, they are now re tooling everything they thought they knew, in fact on discovery mag they said some dinos aren't even built with bones from the same species. and that many of the skeletons they have are just few pieces of bones and scientists take there best shot at putting the rest together with plastic moldings. the t rex is a good example of a dino that looks alot differnt from what they first thought.
-See I never heard about that. I guess I’ve never really cared much about dinos. I am more into anthropology then dinos.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #54
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple H Herps
-See I never heard about that. I guess I’ve never really cared much about dinos. I am more into anthropology then dinos.
yeah the same can be said about many of the missing link , humanoid thingies they have, one is built just off of a skull cap and 2 teeth they found in a cave.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #55
hhmoore
I'll (tentatively) go along with that part - it was the reptiles and amphibians being here at the same time, so reptiles aren't related to dinos...that part through me. hell, that could be an easy way of getting out of those unpleasant family things. I'll let you know how it works

Old 02-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #56
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
they have hollow bones like birds, not like reptiles.
-Thats why I had put bird in front of them..... Still everything I have seen said that dinos were "giant reptiles".... Is it a common misunderstanding? I love to learn new things! Do you have something you can email me over so I can look at it, that would be awesome. I do know that many (mostly not changed) reptiles were around at that time. Take crocodillains as a perfect example.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #57
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I'll (tentatively) go along with that part - it was the reptiles and amphibians being here at the same time, so reptiles aren't related to dinos...that part through me. hell, that could be an easy way of getting out of those unpleasant family things. I'll let you know how it works
its just on that time period there were many branches on the reptile family tree, and many more on the dinosaur tree even dinos with feathers name one reptile with that. a lot of things aren't facts when you look at drawings of dinos, like all the little scales and stuff like the pointed scales and things like that, most where just the best idea of what they might have looked like. they have a lot of skin imprints now to suggest that they had more of a leathery skin like that of a rhino then actual scales.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #58
aliceinwl
Way back when...

Reptiles went a few differnt ways some stayed "reptiles" some evolved into the dinosaurs, some into the mammal like reptiles (forerunners of mammals). Not all dinosaurs are related to birds . There was a subset to them, however, that were (the bird like dinosaurs, I remember this including the tricerotops (sp?) and the bipedal carnivors (raptors actually had feathers) and the forerunners of birds.

The birds / dinosaurs diverged from reptiles a lot later than mammals so birds are still not too far from reptiles.

-Alice

I could go through my old textbooks and nail down the facts... but, that sounds like work

Old 02-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #59
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple H Herps
-Thats why I had put bird in front of them..... Still everything I have seen said that dinos were "giant reptiles".... Is it a common misunderstanding? I love to learn new things! Do you have something you can email me over so I can look at it, that would be awesome. I do know that many (mostly not changed) reptiles were around at that time. Take crocodillains as a perfect example.
I belive they first started finding dino bones in the pionering days like late 1800s early 1900s. no carbon dateing , no dna, no xrays things like that. and dinosaur actualy means thunder lizard. its just the majority of information out is old information. Ill dig up the book I bought and send you some stuff out of it. their is no solid proof ether way, they might be big lizards. but from what i read the large plant eaters like brontosaurs ,brontosaur ect would protect the young as a pack with the babies traveling in the center. they have found fossil foot prints that support this. what reptiles you know behave like that?

Old 02-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #60
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
I belive they first started finding dino bones in the pionering days like late 1800s early 1900s. no carbon dateing , no dna, no xrays things like that. and dinosaur actualy means thunder lizard. its just the majority of information out is old information. Ill dig up the book I bought and send you some stuff out of it. their is no solid proof ether way, they might be big lizards. but from what i read the large plant eaters like brontosaurs ,brontosaur ect would protect the young as a pack with the babies traveling in the center. they have found fossil foot prints that support this. what reptiles you know behave like that?
-Nile crocodiles are known for protecting there offspring long after they hatch. Stay with the nest, dig them out. And hide the hatchlings in her mouth in case of danger. Similare to that of a fish.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!