Genetic Snow X SHTCTB - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #21
Gregg M
Is one of the parents even a Mac snow????

Old 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #22
MrCharlieGreen
Good job that looks gorgous!

Old 03-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #23
Hues1
I see 2 people have asked you for a pic of the adult "genetic-snow" and one person has asked you if one of the parents is even a "Mack" snow...care to post pictures or answer the question?

Old 03-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #24
Gregg M
Yeah, I dont know what the hold up is all about..... I have a feeling it was a linebred snow...... Something also tells me it will yellow up as it grows and not be hypo..... Its a pretty little leo now though....

Old 03-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #25
Xavier
Sorry for being ignorant here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues1
I see 2 people have asked you for a pic of the adult "genetic-snow" and one person has asked you if one of the parents is even a "Mack" snow...care to post pictures or answer the question?
Is there any reason why there are people doubting what Dan has here?

Old 03-19-2005, 03:10 PM   #26
groovygeckos
honestly

sorry it took so long to respond i have been very busy
But the title says it all .

Quote:
but ,considering "his" parents are a Codom-Snow and a SHTCTB , im fairly certain there will be a noticeable difference (crossing fingers and toes and well ... my eyes ).
just quoting myself from earlier in the thread .

so i really do not see what the confusion is here !

Quote:
Yeah, I dont know what the hold up is all about..... I have a feeling it was a linebred snow...... Something also tells me it will yellow up as it grows and not be hypo.....
Gregg , why would you say that ? as for yellowing , yes you are correct . the co-dom snows have a good bit of yellow as adults and if you look at a baby co-dom they are black and white . this little guy is dark grey , light grey , and pure bright white no spotting on the white at all .

you know how hypos banding fades away . right ? , well this one looks to be fading allready .

thats a good sign from where i sit , that it will show at least some hypo influence .

Jenn and Kelli , i am working on pictures still .......sorry you guys (girls) it may take me a while to get pix im happy w/ posting .

Old 03-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #27
Gregg M
I say that because usually the yellows on the snows do not show for some time..... Yours already has yellowing..... But hey if it is what you say it is than cool for you..... I would like to see it as an adult..... I know how hypos work and there is no way you can tell so early on..... The banding hides alot..... I am somewhat doubting you because it sounded as if you doubted the genetics of your animal in the original post..... Maybe it was just the way I was reading it..... Cant wait to see a pic of the male though..... Sorry if it sounded like I was "calling you out".... Later Dan....

Gregg

Old 03-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #28
groovygeckos
OK Gregg

if you meant where i said "double co-dom ? " its because im unsure about the hypo part , and if hypo is even a co-dom trait (everyone has a different answer ) .
yea he has a tiny bit of yellow on the legs only . the mother is solid ,yellow/orange and spotless . it does look a little different than the baby-snow in John Mack`s picture .

and im sure the mothers genetics could have something to do with that.

Old 03-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #29
SFgeckos
hey dan

nice looking gecko...it would be nice to see pics of the parents whenever u can get them...(isnt that a nicer way of asking, then ACCUSING some one of being a liar?)...

or if u cant get pics, just say who u bought the co dom snow from, or show a pic of the receipt...i know how it is to always have people doubting because people do that to me all the time haha

but dont worry about it- if u got what u say u have and u have proof, then forget what others think? i know many times, people dont believe i have this or that animal, so i just show them a photo of a receipt or a contact number to the person who sold them to me. that way i dont give the non believing/doubting party the PRIVILEGE or the PLEASURE to see my animals LOL..im so mean haha

-jon

Old 03-19-2005, 04:50 PM   #30
Chris@TSE
Can't get pics? You can snap photos of the baby yet not the adult sire?

Please, I'd like to see a photo of this animal too. I'm also interested to see why Alex has shown interest in obtaining an answer and\or photo.

Sounds to me like your co-dom may not be what yo are claiming it is.

I do know one thing, I was informed of others working with this particular project when making our investment, and you were not one of them....

I also know that if you had purchased one AFTER we started our project, there is absolutely NO possibility you could have produced one by now, let alone any eggs.

Some clarification may be in order, and please don't take this the wrong way. Some very reasonable questions have been raised, answers would be appropriate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread