Disturbing...... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #21
robin d.
Quote:
Click this link..... Scroll to the last leo and look at the comment under it..... What do you all think???? I think it is pathetic.....
agreed

Quote:
wow, i dont know how anyone can find that ethical, or desirable..
agreed

Quote:
The thing is is that a "color defect" can be detrimental or fatal just as easily as a "physical defect." An example of this is the merle gene in dogs...
we bred blue merles and red merles for years... never any physical deformities
im fact every blue or red i ever owned lived to be in its late teens before passing.
honestly stina, you need to know not just book facts but experience . you just make yourself look stupider with every post
Quote:
I'm having the most nauseating feeling of deja-vu....
agreed

Old 04-04-2005, 02:12 AM   #22
diablohogs
Laura, im just gonna pretend i read the other thread and go to sleep and put this thread behind me. goodnight everyone.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #23
leaftail
Chad, you are a wise man.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #24
StinaUIUC
Quote:
we bred blue merles and red merles for years... never any physical deformities
im fact every blue or red i ever owned lived to be in its late teens before passing.
honestly stina, you need to know not just book facts but experience . you just make yourself look stupider with every post
normal merles that are HETEROZYGOUS are perfectly normal and healthy...merle is a dominant gene...it is lethal or seriously detrimental when it is HOMOZYGOUS...which is what I said before...I know EXACTLY what I am talking about and have seen homozygous merles and heterozygous merles. Reputable breeders NEVER breed two merles together because of the risks. I find it amusing that you try to prove me wrong with experience that doesn't change the facts that I state and try to call me stupid...

Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 AM   #25
StinaUIUC
besides the fact that stupider isn't even a word....lol

Old 04-04-2005, 02:19 AM   #26
StinaUIUC
ok wait...that was stupid...stupider is a word...lol

Old 04-04-2005, 02:25 AM   #27
robin d.
i didnt try to call you stupid, i did call you stupid... wait or should i say ignorant?... your post have no real validity

Old 04-04-2005, 02:36 AM   #28
StinaUIUC
I'd like to know how that is true?... How do PROVEN facts have no validity?....please prove to me that ANY homozygous merle has no problems... I am not stupid...I think that saying merle is not detrimental when it's homozygous is stupid...especially because it very often CAUSES DEATH... I sure hope when you were breeding you weren't breeding merles to eachother...especially since you are trying to call a stumpy tail unethical... What breed was it that you were working with?...I hope it wasn't the naturally dock tailed australian shepherd...

Old 04-04-2005, 02:43 AM   #29
leaftail
Can we please NOT?

Old 04-04-2005, 02:55 AM   #30
robin d.
Quote:
I sure hope when you were breeding you weren't breeding merles to eachother...especially since you are trying to call a stumpy tail unethical... What breed was it that you were working with?...I hope it wasn't the naturally dock tailed australian shepherd...
as a matter of fact i was.... and no ill effects on ANY of them... austrailian shepards.... mostly come in merles blue merles, red merles and white merles.... some are completely merle while others have white collars around their neck.... our babies lived VERY long lives with NO ill effects .... our breeders (pets) and the baaies we kept all lived VERY long lives. we had stock from all over the country...
like i said what someone tells you or what you read isnt necessarily true... to know what is true you must find out and experience it yourself.....
i know how bridges are built but just because i have read and watched films doesnt mean i can build one... nor design one with out allot of on hands experience first
just because someone in one of those books says its proven you now know its proven? what about other vets and scientist?... i had a vet that bred the best merles around and he is an excellent vet... do you think he would breed deformed dogs on purpose, no.... he knew the genetics and had experience in breeding them... if you would like to call him and talk for a while let me know and i will look up his number... oh and the funny thing is he gradutated validitorian of the best vet school in the US, Texas A & M... go figure

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!