Disturbing...... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 03:01 AM   #31
robin d.
oh and thanks... explaining stupidity or rather ignorance... i have missed an episode of buffy

Old 04-04-2005, 03:08 AM   #32
riverjop
HEY!!! so this is where everyone has been! Hiding in the back room talkin about stump tail dwarfs are we?....Hey all I can say about that ad is.....ONE MANS TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE!

Where's my shovel?

Old 04-04-2005, 03:34 AM   #33
StinaUIUC
A white collar around the neck is not homozygous merle (generally at any rate...it very rarely happens in lines that usually have next to no white to begin with)...homozygous merles are usually almost entirely white with small patches of red or blue merle markings (btw I had meant to call the gene incompletely dominant...not just dominant)...I know plenty about aussies; they are my favorite breed. Wow...I have lost all respect for you...you apparently don't even know what a homozygous merle looks like...you have bred merles to each other...you breed dogs that often genetically have "docked" short tails and think its unethical to breed a gecko with a stumpy tail, you have bred grey horses and didn't know how the gene worked... I did not read my merle information in one book...I have read it in MANY books, and also had it spoken about in genetics courses (and with animals science professors not in class), I have met people that breed them, I have worked at a vets office where one of the employees owned them, I have watched shows that talked about them and showed examples, my own dog is half australian shepherd (and does have a merle gene)...oh and lets see here.... http://www.australianshepherds.org/aussfaq.htm#L1 , http://www.ashgi.org/articles/color_troub_merle.htm, http://www.asca.org/Education/breeding.htm ... these are all from australian shepherd organizations...not just some random book/s... I'm not stupid...I dont just hear something from one place and shoot my mouth off or rely on the "I haven't seen it so it can't be true" or "I heard it from this one person that..." philosophies...I do my research...

Old 04-04-2005, 03:54 AM   #34
robin d.
Quote:
A white collar around the neck is not homozygous merle (generally at any rate...it very rarely happens in lines that usually have next to no white to begin with)...homozygous merles are usually almost entirely white with small patches of red or blue merle markings (btw I had meant to call the gene incompletely dominant...not just dominant)...I know plenty about aussies; they are my favorite breed. Wow...I have lost all respect for you...you apparently don't even know what a homozygous merle looks like...you have bred merles to each other...you breed dogs that often genetically have "docked" short tails and think its unethical to breed a gecko with a stumpy tail, you have bred grey horses and didn't know how the gene worked... I did not read my merle information in one book...I have read it in MANY books, and also had it spoken about in genetics courses (and with animals science professors not in class), I have met people that breed them, I have worked at a vets office where one of the employees owned them, I have watched shows that talked about them and showed examples, my own dog is half australian shepherd (and does have a merle gene)...oh and lets see here.... http://www.australianshepherds.org/aussfaq.htm#L1 , http://www.ashgi.org/articles/color_troub_merle.htm, http://www.asca.org/Education/breeding.htm ... these are all from australian shepherd organizations...not just some random book/s... I'm not stupid...I dont just hear something from one place and shoot my mouth off or rely on the "I haven't seen it so it can't be true" or "I heard it from this one person that..." philosophies...I do my research...
blah blah blah blah just trying to redeam yourself ... go on ... oh docked tail wonderful something new? no old english sheepdogs... oh lets not forget ciurled tails... english bulldogs, pugs... these are BREEDS
breeding grey horses and the genes...you think if you breed a grey to a grey your gonna get a grey nope not most of the time... you think breeding a leopard app to a leopard app is going to make you a leopard app nope chances are not... have you even ever owned a horse? blah blah blah

Quote:
i didnt try to call you stupid, i did call you stupid... wait or should i say ignorant?... your post have no real validity
i have kept and bred aussies for YEARS since i was a kid... in fact i own one right now her name is pickles ... both her her parents were true merles (mom was a blue dad was a red) going on eight years not one problem.... just like the rest of the assues merles or not i have kept... maybe your experience is with inbreeding , not YOUR experience, wait the experience of others and in books crap who knows i really dont care

Quote:
oh and thanks... explaining stupidity or rather ignorance... i have missed an episode of buffy

Old 04-04-2005, 04:05 AM   #35
StinaUIUC
I dont' watch shows without content like buffy...so basically you are saying you are ignorant since you don't know that and apparently refuse to accept it... no I'm definiltey not trying to redeem myself...I think you have some of that to do since if you actually did any research you'd know what I said about merles is true...What is the difference between a genetic deformity as a trait in a breed and a genetic deformity in a gecko when it comes to ethics?...honestly...that's just stupid to care in the geckos but not the dog because its part of the breed...how do you think it started in the breeds?? Yes I am very aware of those things with horses...but you didn't know how the greying process even worked and you've bred them... No I've never owned horses...but I've taken riding lessons, courses about them, worked with pregnant mares, watched births, worked with newborns, and halter trained weanlings. And again you apparently haven't even read anything I wrote...because as I said...HETEROZYGOUS MERLES ARE USUALLY PERFECTLY NORMAL....ITS WHEN ITS HOMOZYGOUS THAT PROBLEMS ARISE! Breeders that breed two merles together will generally cull the homozygous puppies because the problems they'll have. btw...years of experience doesn't necessarily mean jack squat...I'll admit it myself...I've had fish on and off since I was a kid and there a lot of things I've learned in just the past year doing research that I didn't know before. Maybe you should do some research on this breed you apparently must know everything about just because you've bred them...

Old 04-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #36
StinaUIUC
I'm going to stop talking about this because I've proven my point...try to tell me I'm wrong and stupid all you want Robin...it means nothing... Sorry to have hijacked the thread everyone!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:11 AM   #37
riverjop
Now girls!....must I get some t-shirts, mud and a wading pool?

Old 04-04-2005, 04:13 AM   #38
aliceinwl
It is very possible to have a healthy merle from a merle to merle breeding. It's kind of like cystic fibrosis. If you have one copy of the cystic fibrosis gene, you're perfectly healthy. You're even better able to resist certain diseases (it's late and the names escape me). But, with two copies of the gene, you run into problems...

So, if X = merle and x =not merle, since merle is co-dom(?) an Xx would be merle.

The punnett's square would look like this (ignore the dots I had to use them as spacers):
...X...x
X XX Xx

x Xx xx

Only the XX would have the problems stemming from being a homozygous merle (blindness and deafness due to ear and eye defects) and a predominantly (usually) white coat. If you had merle to merle breedings, with no homozygous merles you got really lucky since probability wise one would expect a quarter of the puppies from such breedings to be homozygous merles.

-Alice

Old 04-04-2005, 04:18 AM   #39
StinaUIUC
Exactly...

Old 04-04-2005, 04:19 AM   #40
robin d.
Quote:
I dont' watch shows without content like buffy...so basically you are saying you are ignorant since you don't know that and apparently refuse to accept it...
i am easily amused

Quote:
no I'm definiltey not trying to redeem myself...I think you have some of that to do since if you actually did any research you'd know what I said about merles is true...What is the difference between a genetic deformity as a trait in a breed and a genetic deformity in a gecko when it comes to ethics?...honestly...that's just stupid to care in the geckos but not the dog because its part of the breed...how do you think it started in the breeds?? Yes I am very aware of those things with horses...but you didn't know how the greying process even worked and you've bred them... No I've never owned horses...but I've taken riding lessons, courses about them, worked with pregnant mares, watched births, worked with newborns, and halter trained weanlings. And again you apparently haven't even read anything I wrote...because as I said...HETEROZYGOUS MERLES ARE USUALLY PERFECTLY NORMAL....ITS WHEN ITS HOMOZYGOUS THAT PROBLEMS ARISE! Breeders that breed two merles together will generally cull the homozygous puppies because the problems they'll have. btw...years of experience doesn't necessarily mean jack squat...I'll admit it myself...I've had fish on and off since I was a kid and there a lot of things I've learned in just the past year doing research that I didn't know before. Maybe you should do some research on this breed you apparently must know everything about just because you've bred them...
and to be quite honest your stupidity ermm ignorance is boring me

... sad sad

geckos with little or no eyelids..... can i say anymore?... lets breed em to make more even though maybe just maybe they can survive and have no to little eyelidless geckos
it's the new and upcoming thing eh? or kinked tails, it's the nmew squiggle tail morph.. hey they look like they have a crazy straw coming out their butt!!!
i am bored and going to bed
have fun redeaming yourself or whatever ms. know it all even though i have never had any experience with it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!