Mack snows..... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #11
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking
I have more of an issue with those that try to "set" market values artificially.
When you have a brand new product you can set the market price at whatever you like...... If people buy it, that means it is worth it.......

Old 05-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #12
shrap
The prices are going to drop. They always do. Particularly with doms and co-doms. I am not too sure it will take a major drop in the next year, but most certainly in the next 3. Sooner if there is not a demand for them.

Personally the Snow has always been my favorite Leo morph. I fell in love with them the first time I seen Cody and Albeys breeders. So the Mack is really great news for me. No more spending 2 to 3 hundered bucks for snows that may not stay A grade.

The Super Macks are not investments to me. They are not for breeding projects. They are my personal eye candy. Later this summer I plan to get a 1.1 pair of Supers from Alex. I will breed them and I will sell a few to recoupe my money. But the rest are all mine!!! I have an extra Boaphile 322D sitting around just waiting for a small colony of these beautiful little creatures. Got the perfect spot picked out in my den already.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #13
dwedeking
Gregg,

I understand and 110% support someone setting the price to whatever they decide is the price they want to charge, even if it's way over market value.

My issue is with a group of people sitting down and stating "Product A will be $X from anyone in this group". If all the gas stations in your city did this you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #14
dragonflyreptiles
I think the snows are georgeous leos and that Alex has done a great job trying to get a foundation built up for them. I don't see it as price fixing, its just the way things are.

Ron Tremper gets more for a giant albino than others do

You pay more for Old Navy than for Wrangler, its the name of the "maker/supplier etc" more than anything

I think that Alex chose the breeders who could sell them at good prices so they woud get their investment back not so it would be a fixed price.

Ive worked with Alex for a long time now and have even talked to him on the phone and threw email and IM, he is just one the nicest most stand up guys I know. He has helped me with any problems Ive ever had even when it was not something I bought from him, he still helped me with anythign and everything I threw at him.

Its the buyers that set the prices IMHO, if no buyer is willing to pay $1000 for something then it cannot sell for that, if buyers are willing to pay $1000 then it will.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #15
Bringerofdoom
Sorry about going OT Earlier.....

While I know where daniel is coming from, I do not think that that what is going on here is against a capitalist america But would you sell to someone that will immediatly undercut you intentionally, the moment it produces offspring?

Look at the albino's and patternless albino's every body and their dog has one and their price fell fast. If alex did not care about this project i would forsee snows being at the same price at patternless, albino's and patternless albino's in just 2 years. Granted it will still face the same fate eventually, just not as quickly.

Also with alex's screening process, it was making sure the snow project had a good start. Instead of someone pairing it up with just a $25 mate and then turn around and command high value or bargain basement value.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #16
Bringerofdoom
Excuse my lack of punctuation. Lack of sleep kinda does that

Old 05-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #17
Sunset Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets
Dan is a bad name to have in the leopard gecko business....
what about Dan Quinn? LOL....poor guy

Old 05-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #18
Sunset Gecko
Quote:
Do you realize this is organized price fixing? In the US this is illegal. It also goes against the basics of a capitalist economic system (used to be the backbone to American dreams) allowing for free competition.

Personally, I sell our off spring for the highest dollar amount that I feel the market can bear. And while I find people that sell below market value ignorant and frustrating (though there are situations where I can see it, ie divorce, financial hardships and your trying to make ends meet etc) I have more of an issue with those that try to "set" market values artificially.
the artificially "set" market values will only last while people are willing to pay the 1000+ that the snows are currently worth. When the market has several mack snows/super snows up for sale and almost none are selling for the former 1000+, prices will drop drastically. I predict prices will start to drop as soon as this year...but not significantly until 2006. Just my opinion

Old 05-01-2005, 12:58 PM   #19
dwedeking
Quote:
But would you sell to someone that will immediatly undercut you intentionally, the moment it produces offspring?
No I wouldn't. That's not the issue. It's when you have more than one person agreeing on a set price for an item. If I was doing a new product that could be reproduced outside of my control I would be very careful that I sold to people I felt understood how to run a business, which means looking out for the return on investment. But I could not by law make them agree to a set price as part of the sales agreement.

I have no problem with protecting your investment, but there are proper ways of doing it.

Also in reviewing the leo market the it seems to me that the market falls fast on a large percentage of the morphs created out there. My personal and business take is that the leo market out there is not one to invest in "high end" morphs. I know there are many that are succesfull in the leo market from a business standpoint (KelliH and Steve @ Geckos Etc are two that come to mind right away) but I think for most "players" in the market mass production is a more astute business plan.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #20
shrap
Quote:
No I wouldn't. That's not the issue. It's when you have more than one person agreeing on a set price for an item. If I was doing a new product that could be reproduced outside of my control I would be very careful that I sold to people I felt understood how to run a business, which means looking out for the return on investment. But I could not by law make them agree to a set price as part of the sales agreement.

I have no problem with protecting your investment, but there are proper ways of doing it.

Also in reviewing the leo market the it seems to me that the market falls fast on a large percentage of the morphs created out there. My personal and business take is that the leo market out there is not one to invest in "high end" morphs. I know there are many that are succesfull in the leo market from a business standpoint (KelliH and Steve @ Geckos Etc are two that come to mind right away) but I think for most "players" in the market mass production is a more astute business plan.

Good post!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!