Mack snows..... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #71
Golden Gate Geckos
chat

I have had a few emails, private messages, and even one from Webslave about tomorrow night's chat. The idea was brought up about having a moderator on board, and I asked Rich about it. This was what he had to say:

Quote:
Someone will simply have to state that logs are kept of the chats and anyone who does go into these tirades will find themselves fined and suspended. Those already suspended cannot access the chat room anyway. If any two people want to discuss something off the mainstream, then they can engage in their own private chat easily enough, or else create their own chat room and invite anyone they want to discuss such matters there. The tools are there for them to use, as needed.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #72
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Where's bruce stephenson NOW???? These guys DESERVE to be back on.

Even I, capitol I, had pondered checking into that chat.
Hey, Wes as much as we'd like to hear more from Alex, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. Given his past "help" that would be the same as us asking for help from PETA to solve a problem.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #73
Wilomn
John, it was more of a rhetorical question and not meant to be taken seriously.

My sense of humor is, occasionally, not all that easy to understand; especially if you can't see my face when I make a comment: not that it's all that easy all the time even when you can.

Oh well.

When you come right down to it, and Rich has even said so previously, no one can pay anyone else's fee if they are suspended.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 AM   #74
Chris@TSE
Just four fines\suspensions?

Since you made your notice informing people of impending fines due to subject matter I've sat back and kept quiet on the subject, noticing many more than just four offenders since your statements. Yet I see one member in particular who was fined for alot less than some who contributed alot more (NONE OF WHICH WERE FINED BTW) after said warning.

If one "offender" gets fined, ALL "offenders" should be fined. According to your statements Rich I see at least two more members who should be fined. I would think something like this should be enforced equally or not at all, wouldnt you say?

I have to admit I am very disappointed.....

Old 05-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #75
Chris@TSE
I have decided to pay Steve's fine, I do not believe he should have been fined in this situation. I see a single post regarding the topic from him and a fine, yet I see NUMEROUS posts on the same subject from users who were not fined. In my opinion this is not fair. If you can see the logic in my theory Rich feel free to refund me his fine fee or fine the other individuals involved equally.

I am also paying Alex's fine so this evenings scheduled chat can proceed as planned. I do believe the nonesense should have stopped after Rich's warning, but I would still like to see this evenings chat happen. A whole group should not have to suffer over a few hyped up emotions regarding controversial subject.....

All I ask is this in return..... No discussion regarding Dan Poe or Dan Lubinsky. Period.

Save any such discussion for 'open chat' afterwards if need be...

Thank you.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #76
Gregg M
I am looking foward to a drama free chat tonight..... I hope everyone wants the same......

Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #77
Chris@TSE
Amen!

Old 05-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #78
shrap
Rich said that he will not accept people paying fines for others. It kinda defeats the purpose. If people value being here they will pay their own fine.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #79
brucestephenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
Oh, now, how can it be price fixing unless they're sterilizing all the leos before they sell them. speaking of which, I've been reading that some seed companines are genetically engineering their grain seeds to be sterile in the next generation, to ensure that people have to return to them for seeds. If you want to be mad at someone, go be mad at them. They're trying to get a monopoly on Wheat and Corn! I think that is really selfish. Mack snows, altho an addiction to some are not technically a necessity for life. So really, how much does it matter if the price stays high and/or not everyone who wanted one last year, got one. BTW, I'm one who didnt make the cut and you dont see me griping.
I work with radiation and I have been asked by major breeders on how to sterilize certain morphs before selling to other breeders. These conversations took place far in the past but involved major names. Nobody from this forum was involved. These may be persons that some of you worship.

It is my opinion that it is impossible to sterilize a reptile or amphibian with radiation without killing it within a short amount of time. However, I do not hold a doctorate in such matters.

I thought you all would be interested.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #80
Chris@TSE
If thats the case so be it, he can refund my payment when he notices it.

Also, I do not disagree with the fines he made. He made his point VERY clear and people chose to ignore it. Therefore they deserve what is coming to them, but as any of you can plainly see only a handful of "offenders" were actually dealt fined. And Steve (E2) for example posted a mere two sentences and receievd a ban when others went on to trade novels and recieved nothing! Is this fair? Obviously not. Last I checked preferential treatment was frowned upon. Fine all offenders or none, not just a select few. I'm sure Rich will not like what I have to say about this. I agree with most if not all of his policys and have gone out of my way to support fauna to the best of my ability, but every now and then people disagree. I boldly disagree with the actions taken here, and if that is taken personal I do apologize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!