(Super) Hypo Tangerine = co-dominant? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #91
diablohogs
Quote:
I have held back my best offspring over the years, and it may very well be that ALL of my Hine line animals are in fact the "super" form. It makes it hard for me to do any sort of real test breeding on this matter.
uhm... im an avid watcher of your available page (not that youd sell me one now) and most ray hines hypo geckos you sell are better than anything i have. i could only imagine what your holdbacks look like.

i mean as far as creating the nicest orange geckos with the nicest freakin carrot tails kelli and alberto probably wear the crown. i mean as far as i can tell. ive seen pictures of jons geckos way back when (like 2 years ago i was trying to buy one, but couldnt afford what i wanted) and from what i remember they are awesome too.

vinny has a ghost looking super hypo carrot tail that we picked up from albeys "too cool" reptiles. we named her Bertha. he might have some pictures he can post. we havnt gotten any eggs from her yet but hes bred her to his super giant tang albino Odin and we hope to see some eggs. if we are correct than she should produce all giant hypos het for albino. i guess we'll see.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #92
KelliH
Quote:
uhm... im an avid watcher of your available page (not that youd sell me one now) and most ray hines hypo geckos you sell are better than anything i have. i could only imagine what your holdbacks look like.
Thanks for that Chad, I appreciate it alot. And here's the deal: I am not angry with you or anything, not really. Frustrated, sure! But what we discuss here in the forum is just that: discussion. I enjoy heated debates like these, though I do get frustrated at times. I don't hold grudges or anything like that. It's how someone treats me through private email or face to face that negates whether I choose to deal with that person in a business matter. I would name a name here but I don't feel like getting banned and paying a fine! LOL LOL!

I am FAR from perfect, nor do I know it all about leopard geckos or anything else for that matter. I ask questions, I learn from my mistakes.. just like anyone else.

I think the confusion we were having in our discussion stems from the fat that I call all of the Hine line animals with no body spots or less than 10 or so body spots "super hypos". I started calling them this a few years ago because there was so much debate and confusion about what did or did not constitute a super hypo being "super" LOL. I used to call them "hypo carrot tails". WHen I call one a "super hypo" I do not mean that in the sense that it is a super form of a co-dom, but that it has a spotless body or just a few spots.

Anyway, let's just leave it at this. I have no need for anger and grudges and ugliness in my life. There are already enough ugly things in the world. Our leopard geckos and our discussions about them should not be like that. I sincerely apologize if I came across as ugly, and I give my word that I will do my absolute best not to "go there" anymore.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:51 PM   #93
diablohogs
Thumbs up

now thats a heart felt apology. i accept and i thank you.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:17 PM   #94
DiabloBoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
vinny has a ghost looking super hypo carrot tail that we picked up from albeys "too cool" reptiles. we named her Bertha. he might have some pictures he can post. we havnt gotten any eggs from her yet but hes bred her to his super giant tang albino Odin and we hope to see some eggs. if we are correct than she should produce all giant hypos het for albino. i guess we'll see.
im always down to show off my little ones and she is devoloping eggs now it looks like if the pic doesnt work heres a link my photos
[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/vinny/Desktop/bertha.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #95
Russ S
I'd like to say something even though it's likely to get me warning points for posting off topic.
I find it reprehensable that Robin was given 15 warning points on this thread alone, while recieving so many positive rep points from people who agree with what she said. People that wouldn't say anything themselves for fear of recieving warning points.
Robin is extremely blunt and speaks her mind without fear of the consequences. Not only here but in the real world as well. It's a real shame she felt the need to delete her posts here to remove any further amunition that certain members/moderators could use to give her more points. Everyone I speak of knows who they are.

I agree that Robin should have been given points, I just feel 15 points is a little excessive. Am I wrong? If so please explain why.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #96
leaftail
Russ, I agree with you. (I had no idea she got so many points for this thread.) But lets not mess up rhac's thread any more than it already has been (and I do NOT mean by Robin). Maybe a post in Feedback?

Old 05-15-2005, 01:55 AM   #97
Golden Gate Geckos
points?

I think that Robin deserved points from this thread, but I feel that 15 points (most of which were given by one particular moderator that seems to have an uncanny way of hunting down things that Robin posts) is excessive. I have seen far more 'point-worthy' stuff get posted on Fauna... besides, when I was a kid a 'dork' was bathtub flatulence. (Go figure...?)

That being said, I am very interested to see what kind of response (if any) Johannes receives from Ray Hine! This had been a compelling topic, and I would like to hear it from the 'horses mouth' so-to-speak. Also, it's nice to see a thread turn for the better instead of making a turn for the worse. Great going, gang!!!

Old 05-15-2005, 05:35 AM   #98
DiabloBoa
sorry for bothering to post this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ S
I agree that Robin should have been given points, I just feel 15 points is a little excessive. Am I wrong? If so please explain why.
i really dont want to comment further off topic but to answer your question from what i saw she got the points for calling names which she continued to do even after getting the first of her neg. points. i didnt know she got 15 in the end tho. did she get them for each of her remarks? i know it wasnt chads intention to get her 15 points, he just wanted to defend himself without getting sucked into bs im sure. but this thread is very captivating to me and i cant wait to see what else pops up (excluding any nonsense of course)

Old 05-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #99
magick-bears
I have stayed out of this thread do to the "heated" posts. I am glad to see that things have calmed down.

I do have a question about something I read in one of the posts (sorry can't recall where). Is the CT gene directly linked to the Ray Hine's Hypo line? I know that they are seperate genes but the way I read the post was that a SHCT is a Ray Hine's line and a SH is a line bred. I had always thought that the CT was linked to Tang.

~Jeff C.

Old 05-15-2005, 06:56 AM   #100
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBoa
i really dont want to comment further off topic but to answer your question from what i saw she got the points for calling names which she continued to do even after getting the first of her neg. points. i didnt know she got 15 in the end tho. did she get them for each of her remarks?
to answer your question the points for the posts i recieved were all posted before any moderator intervention was implimented.... 3 posts by jay owens and two posts by webslave. one post (not points points are given in numbers that varies, dependant upon the "crime" commited) of which i recieved this morning from jay after webslave had already seen all my posts and asessed points to me. sooo five posts at 3 points each totals fifteen... and yes chad knew what he was doing. chad can defend himself quite well as we have seen here and on other previous threads... he may not exactly understand leo genetics but he is no idiot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!