the AMAZING (so called) 16X het - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: would you consider Ron Trempers marketing methods to be blatenly dihonest?
DUH! ive known this for years! 21 25.93%
he may stretch the truth but ill still buy a nice albino from him. 31 38.27%
leave the guy alone. hes done alot for the leopard gecko community! 17 20.99%
ron tremper is the patron saint of the leopard gecko world. 2 2.47%
the 16X het is real. youre just dumb. 10 12.35%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #11
Wilomn
You know, I actually know Ron, haven't had any contact with him in a few years, but he was always honest, not popular, but honest.

Is it within the realm of possibility that what he claims IS possible? And if so, why do you have a problem with it?

No, I do NOT think that everything he has done, if he has done all he is accused of, is cool. I also don't think that he should be denigrated without some sort of proof. He DOES have a bit of a reputation and I don't think he'd put it on the line for a measly 500.00. Would you were you he?

Old 05-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
diablohogs
Quote:
Is it within the realm of possibility that what he claims IS possible? And if so, why do you have a problem with it?
no. not even ALMOST. if its the real thing than more power to the guy. ill be the first to congradulate him. i am not some jealous person or something. i just dont support lying to the public to market less desirable geckos.

the aptor and the raptor look great. i have the issue of REPTILES magazine with his article about the raptor (plus i look at his available geckos on his website all the time) and compared to alot of albinos on the market he has some top quality geckos BUT that doesnt give him the right to sell animals with make believe traits floating around in them.

Wes, if youre his friend tell him to come on here and expalin what 16 morphs this animal is carrying. if im wrong i will apoligize.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:54 PM   #13
diablohogs
Quote:
Man, It sucks for the person who just payed for a 400 dollar normal
i was corrected...it was 500.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #14
MatthewK
If I am correct, Dan of Manhatan Herps picked one of these multi hets up from a local guy at a show. Maybe he can help you out some.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:37 PM   #15
Xavier
My thoughts

Although he says multi hets I think the word trait might be more correct, I think the Super Giant trait is included and I think it is possible het for aptor, raptot, and or snow albino. If this one carried the trait for raptors and alone like already stated RT breaks that down into several traits...
Personally I thinkt hat animals size alone makes it worth that asking price or atleats $300...
Xavier

Old 05-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #16
dragonflyreptiles
I am a genetics idiot and I don't mind admitting it lol

I just thouht it sounded odd, maybe if you go back to the parents, grandparents and great grand parents etc. and count every gene they carried it would add up to the "Carries the genes for 16 different leopard gecko morphs".

But like I said, I am a genetics idiot so I don't know if that would be a true way to get how many and het for what from the leo.

Old 05-21-2005, 08:03 PM   #17
diablohogs
specifically "multi-het" and "carries the genes for 16 different leopard gecko morphs!" are where i have a problem with it.

to be a multi het it would have to be hetrozygous for several different single locus morphs.

he did not say "carries the blood from parents that have several different traits." and even then id have a small problem with not listing them off.

Old 05-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #18
Monte
Here's a thought, Chad - why don't you write him a polite email and ask him your question.

He's always answered my emails, when I had questions.

I'm a little uncomfortable warming up the tar and plucking the chickens before we ask the "guilty one" to explain himself . . . .

Old 05-21-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewK
If I am correct, Dan of Manhatan Herps picked one of these multi hets up from a local guy at a show. Maybe he can help you out some.

i honestly dont belive it's actually a multi-het, but thats what he implied, its laying eggs with my male carrothead-carrot tail tangerine jungle giant albino now, john(the guy i got her from) says her father was a CHCTTJGA, and she has lineage from carrot tails, tangerines, patternless' etc..i dont honestly believe it all, bur we'll see

chad makes some very good points, but it is possible that it can carry many traits, recessive, or not

Old 05-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #20
nicolai
he is away...

he is away and is not going to be returning any email until june tenth and also not shipping anything until then, so these questions will have to linger for three weeks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!