the AMAZING (so called) 16X het - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: would you consider Ron Trempers marketing methods to be blatenly dihonest?
DUH! ive known this for years! 21 25.93%
he may stretch the truth but ill still buy a nice albino from him. 31 38.27%
leave the guy alone. hes done alot for the leopard gecko community! 17 20.99%
ron tremper is the patron saint of the leopard gecko world. 2 2.47%
the 16X het is real. youre just dumb. 10 12.35%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #41
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkonida
This in my opinion is a low blow Monte..
Speaking of low blows . . .

Like I said earlier - sorry - it was more harsh than I intended. But i do think that lots of leo people have a major jealousy problem when it comes to RT. How come I can understand what he is saying?

Anyway - it's all good. I like all you guys - although i still think Gregg uses way too many ellipsis.

BTW Gregg, if you would actually pick up an english text, you would know that you are NOT using ellipsis correctly. It might be good if you wouldn't use things unless you really know how to use them.

Sound familiar?

hehe . . .

Man - I'm STIRRING the pot today. It's all in good fun!!!

Signed,

The Hippie . . .

PS - for those of you who don't know, an ellipsis is "a handy device when you're quoting material and you want to omit some words. The ellipsis consists of three evenly spaced dots (periods) with spaces between the ellipsis and surrounding letters or other marks."

Old 05-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #42
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkonida
I really couldn't care if it was RT or Sheriff Abdul Rahim selling the animal.
What county is Abdul Sherrif at?

I thought it was spelled Sharif. Now I'm going to have to look it up.

LOL.

Oh, summer vacation is great. . . . I get too much time on my hands

Old 05-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #43
Gekkonida
Quote:
But i do think that lots of leo people have a major jealousy problem when it comes to RT.
Don't know and don't care. I can only speak for myself. Now if he makes a blue gecko yeah I will be a little jealous then.

Quote:
How come I can understand what he is saying?
You obviously have the secret decoder ring!

Quote:
it's all good. I like all you guys
Gosh darn it, we like you to Monte.

Quote:
Man - I'm STIRRING the pot today. It's all in good fun!!!
Nothing wrong with stirring the pot! Just make sure to add the right amount of salt and pepper.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #44
nicolai
heres a thought,

Instead of everyone arguing about semantics why don't we wait until he gets back and answers for himself, anything else is just conjecture and argumentative.
Besides if he comes on here and explains himself and proves hes right I think a few people arent going to look not so good and it could hurt thier own reputation in the long run.
I live by the saying " those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". and unless you can "PROVE" he is a liar or a con man it isn't worth putting your name on the line for a statement like that.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #45
Gregg M
In all honesty Monte, I like you and you have some good info, but what the hell does the way I type have anything to do with the genetics we are talking about and RTs ethics???? I was also not the only one that found a huge fault in Genes post about how these so called multi het leos are made.....

Honestly, it is easy to see why this multi het is most likely not real and will most likely never produce a quarter of what it is claimed to be..... And you do not need a "BS" to see this.......

Its funny how some people will look past RTs incubation methods..... You know, the one that kills embryos in the middle of development and causes deformities so he can misreprsent the color of his animals, But when someone like Chad questions RTs ethics and his way of wording things to mislead a buyer, you jump all over him...... What would you say to Joe Shmo if he was knowingly killing leos in mid development???? Not to mention, (Monte) making comments on the way someone types..... That is just plain old CHILDISH and is not an indication of someones knowledge in bio or genetics..... Does it really matter how many periods or question marks I put after a sentence????????????? I think the info I offer is pretty sound and my comments are justified......

Monte, I am glad you can understand what Ron is saying..... Why dont you become his personal translator...... You can get closer to him than ever...... I just hope he never stops short...... LOL

I seriously doubt anyone here questioning RT is jealous of him.....

Monte, have a cup of java and relax......

Old 05-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #46
Gregg M
Another note to the Hippie,
Just so you know, the pot shots I was taking at your post about me were all in fun even though it did not look that way...... I guess I was too busy adding periods to make note of it....LOL

I was dead serious about RTs ethics though......

Old 05-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #47
Gekkonida
Quote:
Besides if he comes on here and explains himself and proves hes right I think a few people arent going to look not so good and it could hurt thier own reputation in the long run.
I agree to some extend that flat out attacks on RT could leave a little egg on someones face, but what is wrong with talking about the animal? I don't think RT himself is needed to discuss the possibilities surrounding the genetics of the animal, although it sure would be helpful! I have tried to keep this focused on the genetics of the animal, but that isn't going to happen. This thread seems destined for bigger and better things so I gracefully take my exit stage left.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #48
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Nicolai, how would this work exactly??? How can questioning this animal and the ethics of the one who produced this animal, hurt anyones rep???

The big point here is that there is no way to prove or disprove it on either side of the fence..... This is where the problem is...... You can not tell me for a second that Ron does not know this..... I choose to believe it is fake and I will never be suckered into buying an animal like that..... You would think that there would be some breeding records on his site to back the claim of a multi het for 16 traits.....

Like most of his claims, I call BS......

Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #49
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Another note to the Hippie,
Just so you know, the pot shots I was taking at your post about me were all in fun even though it did not look that way...... I guess I was too busy adding periods to make note of it....LOL

I was dead serious about RTs ethics though......

I know - it's all good. I loved it.

You are really wrong about ellipses though (Btw - that's the plural of Elipsis - remember that for Scrabble).

Old 05-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #50
diablohogs
Quote:
except for those who are looking for an excuse to tear him a new port hole.
why would i want to do that? you think i pointed out this animal because im jealous of ron tremper. please!

i have a problem with the claim that this animal could reproduce 16 different morphs when bred to an animal of its like. its not true.

i agree with fred. and it could have been anyone making such a ridiculous claim and i would have reacted the same.

i would prefer that EVERYONE in leopard geckos felt like they at least had to back up any claims with factual evidence.

the fact that that animal is priced at what some of you have said is a reasonable price is completely besides the point. if someone was selling a brand new car for 10000 and claiming it has power locks, power doors, cd player, airbags, ect... and you get it home its a base model with nice rims... is it really okay for the sales man to say... "well try finding another brand new car for 10000 the rims alone are worth 2 grand!"? but i guess were used to that with car dealers. maybe well have to get used to it with leopard gecko breeders too.

imagine the person who bought that animal thinking he could reproduce 16 MORPHS with it. just the BUZZ WORD "MORPHS" is enough to attract somone to that animal. AND SIXTEEN?! WOW!

who cares weather or not it is fairly priced. it was 500 dollars! think of what other animal that person could have bought. furthermore would that animal have sold if it wasnt a 16X het? how well is the high yellow jungle giant market doing anyway?

anyways why would a 100+ gram super giant be anything special? it IS a genetic morph right? A SINGLE LOCUS GENETIC MORPH? and doesnt he say all super giant males reach 100+ grams by 1 year of age?

you should be thanking me for bringing this to your attention. not treating me as if im some jealous person hellbent on tarnishing ron trempers name.

ive bought animals from ron tremper. 3 of them (about $1000 worth). i was also interested in the sulcatas he produced. why would i have any personal vendetta against him? i dont know him.

JUST REMEMBER... while i may breed geckos (on a MUCH smaller scale) i am still a customer and i am complaining as such. not as ron trempers peer or collegue but as a CUSTOMER.

i would suggest that you dont buy any morphs that arent proven out. some people out there want to call every little detail of thier animal a morph without any proof that it is a inheritable trait.

i bought 3 giants from him. all of which were purchased under the premise that they were carrying a recessive gene for GIANT (i was emailed months later explaining it was in fact a codominant trait, according to ron tremper).

one of which was sold to me as het for JUNGLE. het for what? jungle? since when is jungle a single locus trait??

so its not like i havnt been affected by ron trempers habit of calling anything he wants a morph.

my advice to everyone out there...if it seems too good to be true... it probably is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!