Business Cards - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 01:38 AM   #91
Manhattan Herps
sure!

Old 05-31-2005, 05:14 AM   #92
DiabloBoa
as a matter of fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by montezuma
Does your co. do vehicle wraps? I am considering doing up my vehicle... I think it would be cool!
yes we do and jump houses as well

Old 05-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #93
StinaUIUC
Dan yours is redone and ready to go If I see you on AIM I'll send it to you.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #94
reptilebreeder
Ryan or Stephanie, or anybody else, maybe you can help me.
I designed my own business card, and it looks good printed on my printer, but I want "real" cards, you know like the old days, rather than ones that look like they were printed on a regular printer (even from a print shop). Hope that makes sense.
Anyway with the programs I have I am able to save it in tiff, jpg, gif, and png (microsoft picture?). I don't have any of those programs you mentioned. So my question is, do you guys know if one of those types of files would work? Would the print shop be able to convert it? Or is it possible to convert it to pdf with the basic adobe? If not I suspect it would be cheaper to have them just make it from scratch than to buy one of those programs.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:42 PM   #95
o0 RYAN 0o
A lot of places will print business cards from a high resultion jpeg file. I've done that will all of my cards actually. I build all of my documents at 600 dpi and then just save it as a huge jpg to give to them. If you're using a color other than white that runs to the cards edges or past it, they'll probably want the card to be sized 1/8in larger on all sides. Like i said before, that way when they cut these down to size, everything lines up well.

If you don't have the capability of adjusting your dpi/resolution, I or someone else here may be able to recreate the card again for you. This time at a higher resolution for print.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:55 PM   #96
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0 RYAN 0o
A lot of places will print business cards from a high resultion jpeg file. I've done that will all of my cards actually. I build all of my documents at 600 dpi and then just save it as a huge jpg to give to them. If you're using a color other than white that runs to the cards edges or past it, they'll probably want the card to be sized 1/8in larger on all sides. Like i said before, that way when they cut these down to size, everything lines up well.

If you don't have the capability of adjusting your dpi/resolution, I or someone else here may be able to recreate the card again for you. This time at a higher resolution for print.
I'll try the jpeg route then. I'll have to play around with my programs, but I'm sure one of them gave me the option of saving at 600dpi or higher if I remember correctly. The background, and edges are white, except for one edge where I have the front half of a snake coming onto the card, so it would be okay if a little is chopped off in the process. Thanks for the help
John

Old 05-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #97
USAGECKOS
OK, I got my card from Christina (THANKS CHRISTINA!), I downloaded Photoshop, resized the card to 3.5 x 2.0. But now I don't know how to print it from Photoshow, how do I set it up to print on the business card paper, 10 to a page? I have DesignPro software that I normally use, but it won't open Photoshop files.

Any ideas? I am so bad at this stuff

Old 05-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #98
o0 RYAN 0o
Jeanne, so you have the perforated sheets of paper. This is a pain in the butt since photoshop doesn't have any sort of setting to line up to the card to the paper. You're going to have to get out your handy dandy ruler, and figure out the dimensions on the perforated sheet. You'll need to create a new document 8.5x11in at 300dpi or more. Then you'll need to lay guides in photoshop according to your measurements. From there you throw the card in and duplicate the card 9 more times. Line them all up with the guides/measurements. Basically you want the photoshop document to mimic the sheet of paper

After that the printing is really hit or miss. Your measurements could be off, and when the printer actually feeds the paper through its not always straight. It's the biggest pain in the butt to lay them out in photoshop perfectly for printing on those sheets.

If you give me measurements and the card, I can try to help. Like I said, it could be hit or miss. I've done this before and maybe half the cards came out okay, the rest were off. It also took like and hour of testing and tweaking. I wont do it anymore, considering i can get 500-1000 cards for $65-85 professionally printed.

Let me know if you need any help.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:00 PM   #99
dragonflyreptiles
not sure how to do it on those programs, my migrographx draw has a businuss card feature that you plug in your paper stock number and it does it all for you.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:06 PM   #100
o0 RYAN 0o
She may be able to find a premade photoshop or pdf template from the net for the stock. If not, she can at least probably find the dimensions off the net. Didn't think of that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!