Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #51
WindyO
Jeremy i am just replying to peoples posts. If someone posts i will reply to their post. Let me repeat that one more time for everyone. I am not trying to get anyone else to go along with this idea. I couldn't get someone to agree on how many tails a gecko has. If i said one then undoubtedly someone else would say " My gecko lost it's tail and regenerated another one so it has had two."I am not selling this idea anymore. If someone makes a comment or wants to debate it though i don't see the harm in it.Also excuse me if i am wrong with this but i thought SH was for the amount of spots, leaving the tang to cover every color left.The letter idea was a start. Just to show how it could be done but i think it would have to be a five level system with yellow, than yellow/orange, orange, orange/red, and finally red.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #52
WindyO
Shanti when i said Dan was going to tell me my idea sucks it was a personal thing between the two of us. We have been arguing this back and forth.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #53
WindyO
Vanessa , i am truly sorry if i have offended you are anyone else. Excuse me if i missed anyones points here. #1 It would be too confusing. #2 The pictures tell the morph. #3 No one will ever agree to any standards. I debated all of these and can't see where i am wrong except for the getting anyone to agree on a standard. I am not asking for anyones approval, and i am not blowing off peoples points. I am trying to debate a topic with several people at once who don't read all of the previous posts. So when i answer them i have to repeat myself over and over. Kind of like i am doing right now. I started this to debate with people an idea. By opening a thread i am defending my opinion. Which i am sure any of you would do.What do you guys expect me to do just sit here like a punching bag?You say it's too complicated so i say i think we could make it simple. I just don't get why i can't stand my ground on a topic in a thread i started? I've had several top breeders agree with me off post because they don't want to get people upset with them.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #54
WindyO
Seriously, how about some quick yes and no's?
#1 Is this to complicated for you?
#2 Can you tell one color to the next?
#3 Can you tell within reason if something is more than 50% something?
#4 Is adding a couple of letters next to SHT too confusing for you?
Example SHTY,SHTYO,SHTO,SHTOR,or SHTR.
y=yellow yo=yellow/orange hue o=orange or=orange/red hue r=red

Old 01-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #55
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
Seriously, how about some quick yes and no's?
#1 Is this to complicated for you?
#2 Can you tell one color to the next?
#3 Can you tell within reason if something is more than 50% something?
#4 Is adding a couple of letters next to SHT too confusing for you?
Example SHTY,SHTYO,SHTO,SHTOR,or SHTR.
y=yellow yo=yellow/orange hue o=orange or=orange/red hue r=red
Alright Mr. Smarty Pants
#1 No
#2 Yes
#3 yes
#4 No

Now, would I as a small breeder be willing to conform 100% to a strict set of standards? NO!!! There are to many variables.

I do and will, always try to represent my animals in the most honest way possible.

Even if we as a whole, we were to set and agree on standards, do you think that every person who breeds and or sells geckos could follow it without any confusion? Answer this question honestly and you will have no more debate.

Just as a side note... I spoke to Brian via the telephone and he is not looking for a fight or to stir the pot. He is just looking for honest discussion. I for one respect that.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #56
BalloonzForU
I agree with Jeremy, it's a great idea if it could be worked out and everyone agreed and addhered to it 100%.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #57
WindyO
Like i told you on the phone Jeremy. You and everyone else who said that you will never get everyone to agree are 100 % correct. This is just an idea and for fun. I wasn't trying to belittle anyone with the numbered questions. I will tell you all i am far from the supreme authority on SHT's.I just felt like talking about something other than everyones breeder pics. I do love the pics but i don't see why we can't discuss some other topics. Just from this i have gotten better acquainted with a lot of people and learned good information that i didn't know. Also i have had a lot of fun talking with most everyone about this. Thank you especially to everyone who dissagreed with me. With out you this would have bee another congratulations thread.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #58
Dan Lubinsky
Vanessa said that the mention of doctored pics would get emotions boiling...gettin' hot down here. Would've posted this sooner but have 96 colors to play with.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #59
WindyO
Jeremy thanks for helping explain the discussion part. I think that someone might just assume i am just trying to make a marketing ploy with this.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #60
WindyO
Dan how could anyone think that those are even in the same category as a yellow SHT?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!