Leopard Gecko Registry; Unneeded Bureaucracy? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2006, 10:47 PM   #41
TripleMoonsExotic
O! Just to let everyone know! The stamp I've been waiting on finally arrived (go figure after I said something about it)! Breeder Certs and information packets will be in the mail this coming week...If you would like to register a gecko or two to see examples of the certs in your hands, please email me and I will hold onto your packet until I receive a Specimen Registration form (http://leopardgeckoregistry.com/register.html) and the two required photos (dorsal view and closeup head shot).

Old 01-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #42
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Or perhaps just another place to have a link to one's website.
I was rereading this thread and came up with something I wanted to reply to...

I'm not sure if this was intentially meant that the LGR would be used simply as another place to have a website advertised (IE linked)...but their are going to be restrictions as to whether or not an individual will remain an active LGR Registered Breeder. While we will not delete an individual for any reason from the registry, if a particular person does not participate in the LGR (IE registering geckos, discussion forums, etc) they will be put on "inactive" status and not linked but listed on the LGR with an "inactive" notation. We want participation from the Leo community.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #43
KelliH
Quote:
I'm not sure if this was intentially meant that the LGR would be used simply as another place to have a website advertised (IE linked)...but their are going to be restrictions as to whether or not an individual will remain an active LGR Registered Breeder. While we will not delete an individual for any reason from the registry, if a particular person does not participate in the LGR (IE registering geckos, discussion forums, etc) they will be put on "inactive" status and not linked but listed on the LGR with an "inactive" notation. We want participation from the Leo community.
Ok, how about you go ahead and delete me then. Thanks.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #44
TripleMoonsExotic
That of course is your choice, but I wanted to point out that I think it is unfair to "use" the LGR as a free advertising tool. It is meant to be a larger thing then free advertising for an individual person. It takes participation from the entire community and we want to provide something that everyone will benefit from. I was in no way shape or form pointing you out specifically, I hope you accept my apology if you feel that I was pointing fingers.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #45
KelliH
Quote:
That of course is your choice, but I wanted to point out that I think it is unfair to "use" the LGR as a free advertising tool. It is meant to be a larger thing then free advertising for an individual person. It takes participation from the entire community and we want to provide something that everyone will benefit from. I was in no way shape or form pointing you out specifically, I hope you accept my apology if you feel that I was pointing fingers.
No problem :-) Good luck with your project.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #46
The NY Gecko
like i said. its a good idea for someone like me in the future. but ive only got 3 geckos. and i only know the origins of two of them. i cant really understand the point in me eregistering, paying, and participating with 3 lizards. kelli, marcia, dan l, and all of those folks are the targeted audience id presume.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #47
dragonflyreptiles
Stef, I think this makes more sense to me now, so let me see if I understand correctly.

Since all of my leos are from someone other than the original breeders they will be listed as adult breeders as a new line or breeder. That would be easier than tracing them all abck to the original seller.

Then their offspring will be registered for $5 each and when I sell these babies I need to do a transfer to the buyer.

Ok so I breed male #245 to female #567 then get a baby, I then send you 2 photos of the baby to get its registration # with $5 then if and when sold do a transfer to the buyer.

This is really beginning to sound like a good way to help me keep hatching records and not have to dig threw tons of paper to remember who is who and who came from what breeder.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #48
The NY Gecko
see, my point exactly. for you its a bonus, for me, sorry to say this stef i really am, but waste. maybe in a few years itd be something worthwhile for those who have 20+ breeders.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #49
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
like i said. its a good idea for someone like me in the future. but ive only got 3 geckos. and i only know the origins of two of them. i cant really understand the point in me eregistering, paying, and participating with 3 lizards. kelli, marcia, dan l, and all of those folks are the targeted audience id presume.
You don't have to know the orgins of the three you have. If you were to register your three, you would be starting a new "line" in the family tree! Any hatchling you produced from those three would then be registered as well, and so on and so forth. You would have an established line that others can research. If you register your current geckos now and acquire any new geckos before January 2007 and wish to register them, it's free! I think the really neat thing about this, eventually you're going to be able to see online how all the geckos are connected.

Quote:
Since all of my leos are from someone other than the original breeders they will be listed as adult breeders as a new line or breeder. That would be easier than tracing them all abck to the original seller.
Exactly!

Quote:
Then their offspring will be registered for $5 each and when I sell these babies I need to do a transfer to the buyer. Ok so I breed male #245 to female #567 then get a baby, I then send you 2 photos of the baby to get its registration # with $5 then if and when sold do a transfer to the buyer.
This is the fun part of explaining how the LGR works with hatchlings...and it's a bit difficult for me to explain so please tell me if you don't understand. Their is another form available for online submission...A Pre-Registration Form which is used for breeders to register the hatchlings they are planning to sell. It is simply an additional way to verify a hatchling came from a particular breeder. Two sets of stickers would be supplied to the Breeder per pre-registration to place on the deli cup of the sold geckos and onto the Specimen Registration form for the new owner to submit to the LGR (with the necassary registration fees). The cost to the breeder is $0.50 a head. So to pre-register 100 hatchlings, it would be $50 rather then doing a full specimen registration at $500.

We are thinking of a way to give registration "credits" to breeders (much like the ACR did) who use the pre-registration option and have buyers who actually register their geckos. Something along the lines of for every pre-registration that results in a successful specimen registration you get one "credit," after you get 5 "credits the breeder receives a free registration for themselves.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #50
The NY Gecko
no, i know ewhre 2 of them came from, dan L. and his lines. the other is a local tremper from a reptile shop by me. so what do i have to do to register them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!